What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah but I'm not just talking about the club. I'm currently sitting next to the mopiest prick at work... He'd give you a run for your money!!
He sounds like an absolute merkin!! No wonder you are miserable merkin as well.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So he went for the opportunity not the coin. Or else he thinks BA is a merkin in which case no amount of money was going to keep him. You can't stop that from happening.

Utoikamanu struggled in reggies, tbh.

And at full strength, who does he play in front of?

Paulo, Evans, RCG, Alvaro, Terepo, Brown, Kaufusi are all tight forwards, with NRL experience.

No way Utoikamanu gets much game time at Parramatta in 2020, unless injuries and/or suspension hit us hard.

And given his NSW Cup form, he wouldn't have deserved a go, anyway.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Utoikamanu struggled in reggies, the.

Paulo, Evans, RCG, Alvaro, Terepo, Brown, Kaufusi are all tight forwards, with NRL experience.

No way Utoikamanu gets much game tim at Parramatta in 2020, unless injuries and/or suspension hit us hard.

In his defence which is apparently shithouse he was coming off a serious ankle injury.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mate I've got enough depressing stuff with actual depression. What some teenager said in the paper or a score in a game I'm not playing? Meaningless in the long run.

Sure.
But we are discussing our club so depression is irrelevant to this topic. Of course it is just a game. It is just entertainment but something we all look forward too. Life can be mundane and a bit like ground hog day at times. But if we ran our club with the attitude that it doesn't really matter that much in the context of life we wouldn't set the bar real high for success or ambition.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Utoikamanu struggled in reggies, the.

No way Utoikamanu gets much game tim at Parramatta in 2020, unless injuries and/or suspension hit us hard.

Agree with all of that, except personally, I would have given him a go in place of Tep last year in maybe 2 or 3 games. It's becoming really hard to blood a player into Firsts in a way that's measured and careful, cause another club just comes in and bends you over. BA might have had a really good 2 year plan for Stephano, starting this year, and now it's gone in a puff of smoke.

hindy111

Post Whore
What's more, you can choose to look at the positives (the player we lost is overpaid or has a back injury) or you can choose the negatives (Utoikamanu is the next Payne Haas!!!)

There isn't much possitive in losing D.Brown. Even if he barely played due to his back it is a risk we should take due to his potential and the position he plays. And what he may bring to the club.
Yes it is a gamble. But if they rated hin that high to play NRL at 18 it's one worth taking.

On Stefano I doubt many care that much. Even if he got to a 300k PROP level the odds of him exceeding it within 2yrs are slim. Just a big kid. Watching Tepai at his age or Pauli was different. They'd bust the line at will and offload. Made you stand up off your seat. Even Jnr had the play making and offloads in his game. I could be wrong but I just see a meter eater that was handled easy against men.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sure.
But we are discussing our club so depression is irrelevant to this topic. Of course it is just a game. It is just entertainment but something we all look forward too. Life can be mundane and a bit like ground hog day at times. But if we ran our club with the attitude that it doesn't really matter that much in the context of life we wouldn't set the bar real high for success or ambition.

We don't run our club mate.

That's the point.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't believe that he left for an extra 20k cause of the opportunity wasn't there.
If we offered him 260k a season then the plan was to be part of the top 17 not as a back up. So none of that makes any sense
Could be that we wouldn't offer top 17 in 2020 whereas the Tigers said they would if he could get us to release him. Obviously signing with them for 2021 could motivate us to let him go now.

hindy111

Post Whore
My take on Stefano is this.

Parra offered him perhaps 180k and 2yrs.
BA seen him as a guy who he can use as same roll as Terepo this season and next. But he wasnt convinced he would be a better option then say EVANS who played great back half of last season.
He also saw HOLLIS to be ready in 2021 for a spot along with Kafusi who he thinks is as good as Stefano.
With RCG and JNR on books and capable of playing 55mins each he didn't honestly care a whole lot and said let him leave.

hindy111

Post Whore
Could be that we wouldn't offer top 17 in 2020 whereas the Tigers said they would if he could get us to release him. Obviously signing with them for 2021 could motivate us to let him go now.

Unless he backed his ability. He would know himself if he was better then
Nikuore , Evans and Alvaro and able to take their spot. He has played with them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Interesting that our top 17 will have 10 guys who are 190cm or taller.

Rooster have - 3
Storm - 3
Raiders - 0

BA has put together a big squad.

Mahoney,Nikuore,Brown x 2, Moses,Sivo and MJ are only guys shorter.

I did not include GOWER or PARY but it is possible we could field 12 guys in our NRL side who are 190cm +