What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ONLY problem I see with that is the 2 centres are not natural centres - I can live with one "adapted" guy in there, just not 2.

Yeah agree with this. You can go with one guy like Burton or maybe Capewell, but not two. We need a very solid option for the other spot. Problem is unless Naden improves his defence we don’t have that other centre.

franklin2323

Immortal
Centre is a very important defensive position, having two guys who’ve never really played the position before could be crippling for the team. So many players are exposed there because you need to make the right call in open space.

And Luai is a poor one on one defender already, adding the decision making to it would be a recipe for disaster.

Plus the whole point of buying a centre is so we don’t have to have Luai or another makeshift player there, so your point about a side of Burns/Luai/Naden is irrelevant.

If you go through it I see 2 pack options

JFH
Api
Tamou
Kikau
Capewell
Yeo

or

Tetevano
Api
Tamou
Kikau
Yeo
JFH

Throw in a FB that can't play make and it is a grinding team.

So for some spark the centres need to be mixed up I see it to create something or it will be low scoring grinding wins or a long year

franklin2323

Immortal
Centre is a very important defensive position, having two guys who’ve never really played the position before could be crippling for the team. So many players are exposed there because you need to make the right call in open space.

And Luai is a poor one on one defender already, adding the decision making to it would be a recipe for disaster.

Plus the whole point of buying a centre is so we don’t have to have Luai or another makeshift player there, so your point about a side of Burns/Luai/Naden is irrelevant.

Assuming there is centre though. Walker doesn't take unders to stay then we don't have this issue

Pomoz

Bench
Wait... f**king what!? So you're OK with convicted woman bashers, just as long as they're smart... I'd argue, with a good amount of confidence, that bashing your missus makes you completely and utterly in the realms of "stupid"
There is a strong link between being subjected to abuse as a child or witnessing domestic violence as a child (eg. your Dad beats your Mum) and becoming an abuser. We have no idea what type of childhood Tevatano had and whether he was abused and witnessed his mother abused. A child has no control over that and it impacts them massively for the rest of their life. My own Father was beaten as a child and he is now 79 and it still affects him to this day. I am grateful that he never abused us, his own family, but the level of anger he had from the abuse he suffered, still takes my breath away when it bubbles to the surface. This is a complicated, difficult, confronting and emotional subject.

No excuses, an abuser must be punished and stop what they are doing. That includes sending them to prison sometimes. If life was simple, the punishment would end the cycle of violence and that would be the end of it. But stopping it requires more than just saying "you are bad. Stop it or else". He needs counselling and support and made to face the consequences of his actions.

it is better for society that he can stop the cycle of violence and given help to become a better person. Continually punishing him will not change anything. Should we condemn somebody to be punished for the rest of their life for mistakes they have made? Compassion and forgiveness are part of what makes us human. We need to help people like Tevatano so he doesn't repeat the cycle of violence for the rest of his life. If the club has done its homework and he is a reformed man, then they are demonstrating great courage and compassion by giving him a chance at the Panthers.

betcats

Referee
The only thing is Capewell mentioned 2nd row. I took that as though he had some assurance he would be playing their

He has been called a utility in all of the club announcements. He mentioned he thinks Second row is his best position it didn't sound like he was assured of it to me.

betcats

Referee
20 missed tackles in his 13 games, playing in the middle of the field. But he only played 40 mins per game. So that’s the equivalent of 75 missed tackles over a full season. Maloney had 85 missed tackles for the season.

He played there last season and was fine, far from a disaster.

That is for me, Edwards is decent enough at FB so less of a risk to spark the attack is centre atleast short term til the halves get used to no Maloney and the centres develop

Burton has the potential to play other positions, Luai does not. There’s no point shoehorning a bad defender into the centres when we already have problems in the position. We don’t need Luai in the team that much.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There is a strong link between being subjected to abuse as a child or witnessing domestic violence as a child (eg. your Dad beats your Mum) and becoming an abuser. We have no idea what type of childhood Tevatano had and whether he was abused and witnessed his mother abused. A child has no control over that and it impacts them massively for the rest of their life. My own Father was beaten as a child and he is now 79 and it still affects him to this day. I am grateful that he never abused us, his own family, but the level of anger he had from the abuse he suffered, still takes my breath away when it bubbles to the surface. This is a complicated, difficult, confronting and emotional subject.

No excuses, an abuser must be punished and stop what they are doing. That includes sending them to prison sometimes. If life was simple, the punishment would end the cycle of violence and that would be the end of it. But stopping it requires more than just saying "you are bad. Stop it or else". He needs counselling and support and made to face the consequences of his actions.

it is better for society that he can stop the cycle of violence and given help to become a better person. Continually punishing him will not change anything. Should we condemn somebody to be punished for the rest of their life for mistakes they have made? Compassion and forgiveness are part of what makes us human. We need to help people like Tevatano so he doesn't repeat the cycle of violence for the rest of his life. If the club has done its homework and he is a reformed man, then they are demonstrating great courage and compassion by giving him a chance at the Panthers.

Thanks for that really good insight. Your right it's a very complicated and multi layered situation. Education to me seems to be the way. There is evidence that support groups for those with anger issues appears to help too.

betcats

Referee
One game, against a team that gave up.

That’s even worse than making a call on Burton’s one game.

Going off that one game Nathan Cleary is the best half in the comp...

Are you serious? That one game is better support that he can play there then whatever you basing your opinion that he would be a disaster there, much better evidence like what are you on about? lol

MugaB

Coach
Ha ha ha ha ha have a cry mate - You literally told us to "fuc up" because he's apparently paid for it. fkn keyboard warrior! (Also, this coming from the bloke who loses his shit almost every time hindy posts in our forum is just f**king gold)

Yeah, and I'm talking about our team and (possible) players as well. I took exception to your assertion that we should forget about his past indiscretions because "he's good at footy", as if this is the only thing anyone should think about when it comes to this signing. He's a f**king grub of a human being... end of story. Some of you are willing to look past this, because, as it's been stated on many occasions, he's talented. But my opinion, and I share it here as does everyone else, is that I don't want the merkin on the team I support. Now, I know I have absolutely no impact on this, and I'm a very small fish in an extremely big pond, but what I've taken insult to is being told to shut up about his past because he's a good player and that's all that matters... Maybe to you, but not to me. We can agree to disagree, that's fine, but if you state that I cannot hold that opinion, because of your own opinion, I'm going to respond.

Also, I will admit I misinterpreted the original post I quoted of yours, but I'm also referencing an earlier post that wasn't quoted.
No cry here buddy just a simple shut the f**k up, i calles you a keyboard warrior coz youre calling us out as if we approve of what did in the past, i don't care about his past, i dont condone it either, but who the f**k are you to judge, so simply shut up, and ill keep my rants to a paragraph.
P.s. if hindy didnt carry on about parra players coming here i'd be ok with him, you're just a hippy maaan, stop spitting your ethics on people

Last edited:

Dave's mate

Juniors

Aww my heart bleeds for him. f**k the low merkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts