What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roosters rule

Juniors
Honestly $350k a season doesn't sound like a value buy to me. Roosters had him outside of their top 17 on grand final day and he was typically just a benchie.

He got left out of the top 17 because Friend wasn't 100% fit.
Had he been 100% fit Verills would have been the unlucky one.
Which would have been tough on Verills.
Make no mistake Tets was an important cog in our premiership defense this year.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Did you watch the kiwi games? He was a beast.
We weren’t able to secure JWH, so I think he was the next best option and I’d say that 350k is a pretty good price, considering his potential.

We will have a menacing forward pack next year.

The pack is good no matter if we go Capewell or Tetavano to start. If only Walker didn’t fall through. still options possibly in play and May coming off the books should get a deal done

franklin2323

Immortal
That would mean the NRL paying the cost for each club. That wont happen

Players would do their 2-3 years where they are drafted then move where they want. Leaving clubs disadvantaged we have the advantage with To’o etc that they are locals and good mates. That doesn’t happen with a draft

martielang

Bench
Honestly $350k a season doesn't sound like a value buy to me. Roosters had him outside of their top 17 on grand final day and he was typically just a benchie.

Seems like the market value of an eager club IMO. Not horrible. But not really a bargain either.

Unbelievable how much the cap has changed in 10 years though. That was Petero Civoniceva money a decade ago. Now average thugs can earn that... and in some cases a hell of alot more and its still only a fraction of the cap compared to what Petero took up.

Shit I’m agreeing with MX way too much. I must be wrong.

But seriously the bloke would be worth $250k absolute tops if he was coming from any other club bar the Roosters.

Not a bad player but I personally think he’s a dime a dozen type. I could be wrong but.

betcats

Referee
Shit I’m agreeing with MX way too much. I must be wrong.

But seriously the bloke would be worth $250k absolute tops if he was coming from any other club bar the Roosters.

Not a bad player but I personally think he’s a dime a dozen type. I could be wrong but.

Double the minimum wage for a current international lol yeah good call champ. Please explain how you came up with that valuation?

You are flat out wrong. He has played there and was not a disaster, there is absolutely no prediction or argument you can make that changes that fact.

Even if you think I’m wrong he’ll be a disaster, there is a clear argument around his defence being a problem at centre. To say otherwise is absurd.

betcats

Referee
Even if you think I’m wrong he’ll be a disaster, there is a clear argument around his defence being a problem at centre. To say otherwise is absurd.

What I’ve seen of him at centre does not make me think he can’t play there. The opposite in fact, before I saw him there I would’ve been reluctant to play him at centre due to his style and slight frame but then he handled it fine, now after seeing that if he was given more time to prepare for it I’d have no worries playing him there if he wasn’t the first choice 6.

Zampaa

Juniors
A Current NZ international on Unders because he's not exactly clean off the field, and a Queensland 18th man come in, and nobody's happy.
This transfer window couldn't have went any better imo, we upgraded RCG, we got a hooker better then all 3 we used last year combined, and we now actually have 3 full time 2nd rowers and with experience, won't have to have fish coming out of the front row and lock rotation when we have the slightest injury issues with Yeo and kikau.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
A Current NZ international on Unders because he's not exactly clean off the field, and a Queensland 18th man come in, and nobody's happy.
This transfer window couldn't have went any better imo, we upgraded RCG, we got a hooker better then all 3 we used last year combined, and we now actually have 3 full time 2nd rowers and with experience, won't have to have fish coming out of the front row and lock rotation when we have the slightest injury issues with Yeo and kikau.

I’m happy and I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.