What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
What I’ve seen of him at centre does not make me think he can’t play there. The opposite in fact, before I saw him there I would’ve been reluctant to play him at centre due to his style and slight frame but then he handled it fine, now after seeing that if he was given more time to prepare for it I’d have no worries playing him there if he wasn’t the first choice 6.

Whare is proven
Yeo to an extent is proven... if you want proven centres there is your centre pairing.

the rest all are risks

Naden was fullback in NYC. Picked for FG playing interchange 2nd row or wing

Crichton playing left wing in NSW Cup to playing right centre in FG. Still a teenager

Burns showed he could do it when was there....whether he can over a whole season is a question.

Luai defended at centre when playing in the halves. So no difference.

It isn’t like we have no options. Still see a centre or 2 coming onto the market so may get one but won’t nor should get two... so need to gamble with one

MugaB

Coach
No. I mean NRL would own all juniors.
They would have no links to club.
YaY!!! That mean roosters own everyone!!!
Sorry no draft hindy, please enough, we all suffer enough when salary cap pushes favourite players out, but a draft would be a lot worse, poor burton would be at the titans this year, and your dylan brown savior at the dragons

hindy111

Post Whore
YaY!!! That mean roosters own everyone!!!
Sorry no draft hindy, please enough, we all suffer enough when salary cap pushes favourite players out, but a draft would be a lot worse, poor burton would be at the titans this year, and your dylan brown savior at the dragons

Well we won the Spoon. Perhaps we would of drafted Haas or Fafita or D.Brown of all of then put hands up as ready for NRL.

I am just sick of getting them to NRL ready to just lose the.

Crashtest

Juniors
I just couldn’t take a guy seriously as trying to help team culture that had been convicted of what he has. Young kid in the squad googles him and finds that out, what are they going to think?

If he turns up at the Panthers with the same attitude and effort that he had at the Rosters, I'm sure that the younger players will judge him on that like the Roosters players did, and the New Zealand test players did, rather than his past.

The Roosters paid for him to go on their overseas end of season team trip with them even though his contract has run out and he wont be there next year. They didn't even take Mitchell, and he is still officially signed with them for next season.

And Trent Robinson gave him his premiership ring after leaving him out of the grand final to fit Friend in. Plus the Roosters are very quick to cut players for off field issues or bad attitudes, so that's also a good indication he has been free of any incidents since he started playing with them.

PS: I am in no way condoning what he did in the past, and I agree with the NRL's new zero tolerance policy to DV. And if he f**ks up again then ban him for life. But back then players were allowed to keep playing, and by all accounts he seems to have reformed and turned his life around. His story could even be a good cautionary tale to our younger players, especially since the whole sex tape incidents.

MugaB

Coach
Well we won the Spoon. Perhaps we would of drafted Haas or Fafita or D.Brown of all of then put hands up as ready for NRL.

Pay them better, and stop winning spoons, pretty simple stuff.

Nah actually keep winning spoons whats it upto now 14, 15?

Crashtest

Juniors

But you already had the next Haas, with Utoikamanu. But the Eels still managed to stuff it up and lose him to the Tigers.

I thought your new management would of learnt from the past of letting their best juniors go elsewhere. But this year seams to be one of the worst for Eels in terms of losing highly rated junior players to other clubs.

OldPanther

Coach
But you already had the next Haas, with Utoikamanu. But the Eels still managed to stuff it up and lose him to the Tigers.

I thought your new management would of learnt from the past of letting their best juniors go elsewhere. But this year seams to be one of the worst for Eels in terms of losing highly rated junior players to other clubs.

I think part of that is they have what would be a pretty expensive back line and Moses would be on reasonable money.

hindy111

Post Whore

I am curious to see how good he goes. I saw him in NSW cup 3 or 4 times and Mannah outplayed him by a fair margin in every game.
Tepai Moera,Pauli Pauli,Tanginoa where all just as hyped and mounted to nothing.

I am sure Cartwright and Latu leaving at time seemed terrible but looking now at the way their careers have gone.

Only time will tell.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think part of that is they have what would be a pretty expensive back line and Moses would be on reasonable money.

Moses signed for around 750k. I reckon if signed him at end of year he get closer to 1 million. Superb season.

Sivo and MJ wouldn't be on a heap.
Gutherson average for a fullback
Fergo 500k which is fair for him
Blake I heard Panthers are chipping in but I doubt a lot. He would of had interest from a few clubs.

Pomoz

Bench
Fair enough, but as you like to point out stats don’t always tell the full story.

For instance Ivan likes to play tight up the middle of the field and not spread the ball as much, that’s going to mean less running overall for the team.

Another stat showed we spent more time in the final 20m than any other team. We had the lowest points per tackle in the final 20.
The ARM state makes sense when you look at what we did last year. ie. March downfield and camp in the 20m zone, fail to score, hand the ball back.When you think about it, if when you get down the other end of the field you don't score, you won't get to run the ball back from the kick off and add more metres to your sets. ARM also includes metres from our backline which was so slow if they got in the clear, you had time to queue for a hot-dog out the back of the Western Stand, put on mustard and ketchup, walk back to your seat and see them in the final 20m heading for the try line. Or not. I remember Wighton mowing down Blake, our fastest back, who was running like he was tied to the back fence by a piece of elastic.

I think the PCT stat just highlights that we weren't fit enough. It's hard to break tackles if you are unfit. It wasn't a problem in 2018, we were third for tackle breaks and 5th for PCT and ARM.

Incidentally, with all these great videos about the fitness staff we can see that they are at least scientific in their approach. With the new academy only a year old, they may not have had enough data to apply the principles they want to and experiment to get the right mix in training. Let's hope they have learned from last year and they use the data to take them to another level. If they do that, we might see our tackle break stats improve significantly.

I don't live in Penrith any more, but you locals can call it out if Pie Face closes down. A sure sign we have changed our fitness regime.........

Crashtest

Juniors
I am curious to see how good he goes. I saw him in NSW cup 3 or 4 times and Mannah outplayed him by a fair margin in every game.
Tepai Moera,Pauli Pauli,Tanginoa where all just as hyped and mounted to nothing.

I am sure Cartwright and Latu leaving at time seemed terrible but looking now at the way their careers have gone.

Only time will tell.

I agree a lot of hyped younger players don't make it in first grade, the Panthers have bus loads of them. But I think Utoikamanu will be one the Eels definitely regret losing though. But at least you will have RCG for the next 5 years to make up for it!

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree a lot of hyped younger players don't make it in first grade, the Panthers have bus loads of them. But I think Utoikamanu will be one the Eels definitely regret losing though. But at least you will have RCG for the next 5 years to make up for it!

Time will tell. I actually reckon RCG will have a big season. From all reports he is ripping in big time.
He made over 120mtrs - 5 times in his last 8 games with average of 40mins.
And average 24 tackles. It certainly is far from terrible.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Time will tell. I actually reckon RCG will have a big season. From all reports he is ripping in big time.

Didn't he have to have surgery ? Is so he wouldn't be back to full training yet surely?

Crashtest

Juniors

It will depend on his head space. As soon as he talked about changing his running style to avoid further injury, he has never seemed the same player than before he broke his jaw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts