What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breakout year?

The Bash BROTHERS to have a break out yr. Sims Brothers..Especially Korbin im looking at..got a lot to prove and will kill it. Poor Dufty will try Hard. Its Hard to see him not in the no1... I think hes been an understatement at how good he is to us in the no 1 jersey. Duff Man also a Big one. Just replace all backline with new except Duff Man. Need Dancing centres not heavy footed apes.

Como Connection

First Grade
No matter how it is looked at, there are weaknesses in the centers, wings and probably fullback, with what is available now i cannot see them comparing to the top teams. There is quite a gulf in ability as it stands and the best that could be hoped for is a mid table finish, which will further distance the fan base.
Not of it means the coach goes.
CC

getsmarty

Immortal
Boom rookies and rising stars: The player who could be a breakout star with your NRL club in 2020

ROOSTERS – Billy Smith

The 20-year-old centre played two games for the Roosters last season, scoring two tries and looks to be a superstar in the making.

And who could forget Smith’s memorable tussle with Sam Burgess on the eve of the 2019 finals series.

If Latrell Mitchell does jump ship to the Tigers, Smith will target the vacant centre position.

RABBITOHS – Steven Marsters

Signed to the Rabbitohs last season, the cousin of Cowboys recruit and New Zealand international Esan Marsters is an exciting prospect for South Sydney.

The 20-year-old has represented New Zealand at the under 18s level in 2016, graduating to the Junior Kiwis for consecutive years in 2017 and 2018.

He has also made his senior representative debut playing for the Cook Islands against South Africa and will be pushing hard for a first grade debut in 2020.

DRAGONS – Jason Saab

The lean speed machine turned heads with two tries on debut against the Rabbitohs in Round 19 last season.

The 19-year-old giant is 195cm tall and weighs in at 100kg and will be an even scarier prospect when he fills out.

Paul McGregor’s side are expected to improve from their second last placed finish in 2019, which will hopefully give Saab more opportunities to add to his three tries from as many games in first grade.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/9198723426f412eb3fd40e95714181cf

denis preston

First Grade
Lomax is not as fast as dufty but would one of the quickest in the club over 100 but not as fast off the mark as a few others.

Trouble is you can't ask the opposition to hold off tackling him until he gets up to full speed ! Give me Acceleration over 10 meters over 100 meters sprint champion any day in this game.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Trouble is you can't ask the opposition to hold off tackling him until he gets up to full speed ! Give me Acceleration over 10 meters over 100 meters sprint champion any day in this game.

Denis
His pace should improve as he gets stronger with more training doing. But agree pace of the Mark is asset

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Ford, Saab & Rav4....all for brake out year!

Nailed it Coffs Dragon- wonder if all these training courses Mary has been attending will have left him any more cognisant that Lafai and Aitken are NOT first grade standard- the answer is probably an emphatic no but hopefully Flanno can influence him to trial Rav 4, Ford and Pereira in the centres. I'm convinced Ford at least will be a backline success.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Lomax is NOT a fullback but Mary will give him a couple of games and then drop him like a hot potato. Start him at centre for the year and that's his best position to make a statement.
Lomax may be a better centre than fullback, but he may be the best fullback we have on our roster for next season. I am keen to see him get a decent run there. I know he lacks the blinding acceleration that we want in a fullback, but I think he will go well there. He will be able to play on both sides of the field or through the middle. I think he is a natural footballer with footy smarts. He has the height for catching the high balls. He is pretty strong. He will have to get himself super fit to have the stamina to cover all the ground that fullback has to cover. If we already had a top line fullback on our roster, I would be happy to play Lomax centre.

nontime111

Juniors
I would have liked to see Rava given a run at centre this year. I think that may be his best position.
agree, Id love to see Lomax partner Ravi in the centres with Duff at Fb

for the start of the season Id love a backline of this:

Dufty
Saab
Ravi
Lomax
Sailor
Norman
Hunt

If Blacker is eligible for NRL game time, I would love to see this kid given a run in the second half of the season.

Lomax, Ford and Sailor to star sporadically.

Frizz, and Tariq Sims to return to form in a big way.

possm

Coach
If Blacker is eligible for NRL game time, I would love to see this kid given a run in the second half of the season.

Lomax, Ford and Sailor to star sporadically.

Frizz, and Tariq Sims to return to form in a big way.
I think you are spot on!