What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Townsend keen to stay a Shark

txta2

Bench
Considering his vital role in the squad, in all respects & the stability that he showed through this disrupted season, I think he is entitled to go for a big Salary.
He wont be missing through reps, yet hes good enough for reps. He doesnt miss through injury. His defense is first class. His professionalism is infectious. Whatever his top offer is, Sharks should match & add $100k
He has experience in spades but mediocre ability. The only thing in his corner is an amateur coach who will be overridden by the board and large supporter base.
You can get your man, but no more comps for the club with the current roster. And it is a sad road the club is heading down once again.

carcharias

Immortal
He has experience in spades but mediocre ability. The only thing in his corner is an amateur coach who will be overridden by the board and large supporter base.
You can get your man, but no more comps for the club with the current roster. And it is a sad road the club is heading down once again.

so
As you’re an expert
Who does the club replace Chad with that will put us in the position to win the comp?

Feej

First Grade

giphy.gif

Quigs

Immortal
Hands Up who likes ????

"But I'm The People's Poet, The Spokesperson of a Generation. Kids everywhere looked to me for inspiration!"

"This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say: 'But why are the kids crying?' And the kids will say: 'Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!

Last edited:
Hands Up who likes ????

"But I'm The People's Poet, The Spokesperson of a Generation. Kids everywhere looked to me for inspiration!"

"This house will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say: 'But why are the kids crying?' And the kids will say: 'Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!

images.jpeg

txta2

Bench
O oh looks like the Chaddy fan boys are upset Chaddy put famwy first. Maybe it's a lesson for the club....Players who announce they are putting anything before the club should be put on the market.

Good. I reckon that is how we get value for money. All of our players should be last rights contracts. When the contracts are up they go to market, find out how much they can get. If we can match, plus 10% , we are a genuine premiership force, have stable good coaching & rehab staff to match the offer, then great. Value for money every time.

txta2

Bench
so
As you’re an expert
Who does the club replace Chad with that will put us in the position to win the comp?
I'd get rid of Capewell, Prior and shop Dugan, Moylan and even though I'm 5 players short of 30 I'd sign Chad to a ten year 10 million dollar contract. What could go wrong?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
O oh looks like the Chaddy fan boys are upset Chaddy put famwy first. Maybe it's a lesson for the club....Players who announce they are putting anything before the club should be put on the market.
Sounds like you're losing your shit champ.... no answers...just a hatred for Chad and faarrk all else.

AJB1102

First Grade
I'd get rid of Capewell, Prior and shop Dugan, Moylan and even though I'm 5 players short of 30 I'd sign Chad to a ten year 10 million dollar contract. What could go wrong?

Capewell is gone. Prior maybe. You can "shop" Dugan & Moylan but who wants them? No one is taking full freight.

We could have Chad play every game for $550ish or J Reynolds on $900ish who barely makes the bench on the odd occasion he's fit. Maybe Foran on a mil to sit out 2020? Ash Taylor on a mil to sit in a quacks office? $1.2m to Hunt who is a mental midget after 2015 and is seen as a bench hooker everywhere but his 15th placed club side?

Who you replace him with mate? Easy to throw shit. What's your alternatives?

Omnishark2

Juniors
I was rocked when Rik Mayall died ... true comedy legend !

My take on Chad is he's a top bloke & club man ... but regularly fails to make the key plays when the heat's on, which is what you want an experienced # 7 to do. This season had made some diabolical plays which led to losses pretty much lost us games. Yes his defence is great ... but we need more than that.

Looking at relative money levels ... I agree there's no better experienced 7 out there for Chad's money ($550k ??) Which is why I think we need to find a good youngster, a controlling halfback who will complement SJ.

I want to like Trindall, but I'm not sure he's up to FG, he lacks a bit of speed/spark for mine.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
One player does not make a team.

If he goes good luck, has done before.

If he stays I am happy, you can win a premiership with him at half.

Proven fact.

I miss Luke Lewis.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kick chase does Lewie have peers? He probably does, but I want more Lukes chasing kicks...

Hard to replace guys.

Chad is easily replaced, he is also far from the problem.

But let every thread revovle around the best hair.

cb4

First Grade
This is way over the top.
Chad has been a good player for us for a number of years.
He had the best season of his career and is still being shit on.
He isn't a rep half, we aren't paying him to be a rep half. We don't need to. We are paying Moylan and Johnson for that.

The question is not should Chad leave, it is what is out there on his money that could make us better.
i believe we had a kid in Flanno that could have taken his spot but didn't want to wait.
I also believe we have a very talent kid in Trindall waiting in the wings and we also have Connor Tracey.

For 500-600k you won't get many better. Chad's job isn't the flashy highlight plays or high try assist stats, it's simply to get us around the park and play foil to our attackers.

If there is a cheaper option, I'm all for it, but for now he is the 7 for us.
Unless you want a Moylan/Johnson halves combo which would be a disaster.

Weaponhead

Coach
Chad plays the politics of rugby league well. He has developed his brand and gets a good run in the media.

As a player, he is solid, unspectacular and does a fair job for the price.

He is not going to get better or radically add to his game. He is what he is.

ghoti

Bench
This is way over the top.
Chad has been a good player for us for a number of years.
He had the best season of his career and is still being shit on.
He isn't a rep half, we aren't paying him to be a rep half. We don't need to. We are paying Moylan and Johnson for that.

The question is not should Chad leave, it is what is out there on his money that could make us better.
i believe we had a kid in Flanno that could have taken his spot but didn't want to wait.
I also believe we have a very talent kid in Trindall waiting in the wings and we also have Connor Tracey.

For 500-600k you won't get many better. Chad's job isn't the flashy highlight plays or high try assist stats, it's simply to get us around the park and play foil to our attackers.

If there is a cheaper option, I'm all for it, but for now he is the 7 for us.
Unless you want a Moylan/Johnson halves combo which would be a disaster.

Just gonna copy and paste this post into every thread that devolves into a chad discussion.

And txta and 1990 sharkie etc all absolutely prefer a Moylan/Johnson halves combo which says a LOT

chewsta

First Grade
I"m curious of everyone's opinion in here, why wouldn't an SJ / Moyza halves pairing work?

I see plenty of positives to it to be honest.
However we would need a hell of a leader in the 9 to decide who gets the ball and when. But aside from that, the potential in attack would be pretty exciting.