What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Haffa

I'm happy tbh. Was starting to like him alot as a pundit. Now I can go back to hating him.
Happy days. I get to hate him more than anyone else unless I still have to respect him for being our most successful manager like when he was booed by a minority last season. He’s going to get quite a reception next time around.

Haffa

Jose'e title is coach, not manager, according to SSN

seems we are bringing in a Football Manager which makes more sense as I cant see Levy splashing out big bucks that Jose would want to spend, so he is going to have to work with the squad he is given for now
I’d be stunned if he agreed to the job without a transfer budget. First team coach is the new title they all seem to be given these days. He was first team coach at Chelsea in hi second stint.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Luis Campos: The Transfer Genius Who Is One of Football's Most Wanted Men
TOM WILLIAMSJULY 5, 2019

59b9a04b7b0d76e940904632a3eccbbe_crop_north.jpg

B/R Football
What if the hottest property in modern football wasn't Kylian Mbappe or Matthijs de Ligt, but a balding, bespectacled 54-year-old who hasn't laced up his boots in over 30 years?

As the man who helped to launch the careers of players such as Fabinho, Bernardo Silva, Thomas Lemar, Anthony Martial and Nicolas Pepe, Luis Campos has established a reputation as one of the game's leading talent-spotters.

The list of clubs rumoured to have shown an interest in the Lille sporting director's services reads like a Who's Who of the European elite, with Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Roma, Paris Saint-Germain and Marseille all reported to have sounded him out about the possibility of becoming their sporting director in recent years.

"It's not a coincidence that his name has been linked with Chelsea or Milan or the other top clubs in the world," says Aitor Karanka, who became friends with Campos while working alongside him at Real Madrid.

"When you look at the players who he signed at Monaco and Lille, the difference between the price they had and the price they have now is amazing. He's one of the best."

Even before he had laid the foundations for Monaco's sensational Ligue 1 title win in 2017, Campos was a source of fascination in France, with headlines variously describing him as "the invisible man" or "the mysterious Mister Campos."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...enius-who-is-one-of-footballs-most-wanted-men

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I’d be stunned if he agreed to the job without a transfer budget. First team coach is the new title they all seem to be given these days. He was first team coach at Chelsea in hi second stint.

you may be right but we are expected to be very busy this TW anyway and we are no doubt already speaking to targets and have already agreed to some I believe

I am getting the impression that this new DoF will be the key and Jose may only be a stop gap as he never seems to last long where ever he goes

If thats the case I feel a bit better about the whole situation

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Jose is a bit behind the times and may take sometime to realise Toby, Dier and Eriksen are not the players they used to be

cant believe the left Ndomle on the bench for so long and never played GLC at all, he has got Aurier and Ali to improve but he is not starting with our best options

hellteam

First Grade
Agreed. It's like he hasn't watched us since December 2018. Ndombele been our best all year, wasn't he injured lately? Maybe that's why he didn't start today. I hope hes back next week.

GLC hardly played at all, give him a run!

Dele has looked much better

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ndomble was injured but he been back to being fully fit for a month or so, GLC is the one that he need to get on the pitch in place pf Eriksen.

Eriksen getting a lot of media coverage saying he's back but he is no where near what he used to be and not as good as GLC

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee that was some debut from Tangana, 20 year old CB from our academy

the kid can play

thorson1987

Coach
gee that was some debut from Tangana, 20 year old CB from our academy

the kid can play

Yeah he was good. Not the easiest debut up against Mane but held himself well, although fell on his arse a couple of times though.

Pretty good first touch of the ball in the PL being a block on the goal line aswell.