What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Canard

Immortal
Because he insulted the club by talking to other clubs during the finals series, then telling the club he was insulted by what they thought was a totally reasonable offer. He wanted and expected to be paid more than Tedesco, more than Keary (which $800K even is more than Keary is currently on), however he is not even close to being as important as those 2.

You're projecting.

It's OK to admit you feel jilted.

nick87

Coach
It's pretty weird that Roosters fans are so very OK with Latrell leaving.
This guy has an immense level of talent and is, from my viewing, a pretty decent part of their success in the last 2 years.

They're a great club, run extremely well run and they'll figure it and keep being successful, but man.. things must be toxic for everyone to be happy to see someone of his talent walk away.

adamkungl

Immortal
This guy has an immense level of talent and is, from my viewing, a pretty decent part of their success in the last 2 years.

They're a great club, run extremely well run and they'll figure it and keep being successful, but man.. things must be toxic for everyone to be happy to see someone of his talent walk away.

Can't keep em all ;)

I'd say that most Roosters fans probably still hope he stays, but from all reports it seems unlikely.

We want to keep superstars but we don't want the club to get bent over doing so.
Latrell wants #1 man money but isn't #1, not often enough, not yet.

Paying overs for him and having to lose other players would be a 1 way ticket to mid-table.
The club stands its ground and we have big money to play with in the next 2 years.

Spot On

Coach
Jack Whiton and Tommy T took the centre spots for NSW and killed it.

Lattrell blew it.

Some have talent and perform. Some have talent and waste it. Don't even have a dig.

Pay the blokes their fair share if they are having a crack each week.

Punt the underperforming 'talented' ones.

Roosters are too smart.

Back to back.

Last edited:

Xcalibre

Juniors
I had no idea they gave his brother an nrl contract hahaha WTF! In 12 months hes gone from having his brother in the squad just to keep him happy to not being wanted at all.

I reckon the Roosters took their offer off the table because of how high maintenance he is. I reckon other clubs have caught wind of this and only desperados (Tigers & Titans) are still interested.

He seems like one of those guys with abundant talent, but very little love and motivation to play the professional level of rugby league. Joining the dots it seems like he would require far too much individual attention to get anywhere near the best of him.

It sounds like The Roosters/Trent Robinson have bent over backwards trying to accommodate him but it’s become too much, hence letting him explore options elsewhere.

Billythekid

First Grade

Have you seen the team they have left? They’re still premiership favourites even without Latrell. I don’t think roosters fans need to be sweating. Not even sure he’s their best centre anyway.

betcats

Referee

I wouldn’t want my club signing him for more than 800k(which would never happen anyway). He isn’t fit enough to be a good fullback, paying a million for him to play there just seems to risky to me. He didn’t start trying until the second half of the gf, he was walking out there defensively same as the first origin. That is the two biggest games you can ask for and he couldn’t be f**ked.

MKCS

Juniors

I'm a big Latrell fan and would like him to stay but it was discussed amongst Roosters fan circles, forums like this and even the media that for the Roosters to keep key players we'd have to lose players.

In my mind I'd rather lose Latrell over Manu and I'd rather lose Tetevano over JWH. Nobody wants to see those players go but unfortunately it's a reality of the game. Wherever Latrell goes they'll have a gun centre/fullback/5/8 and the Panthers have already confirmed a great pick up in Zane Tetevano.

As you said, the Roosters will figure it out. Billy Smith made his debut last year at centre and was strong.If he's not ready we already know that Aubusson can fill in there until Smith or someone else is ready.

Even without Cronk, Latrell and Tetevano the 2020 Roosters side is a gun side that very well could go deep into the comp and potentially win it for the third time. Tedesco, Tupou, Manu, Keary, JWH, Friend, SST, Cordner, Crichton, Aubusson, Liu are all still on our books.

Valheru

Coach

I've given up second guessing uncle Nick and robbo.

If they say he is worth 800k and they are happy to see him go then I'm going with it.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I'm a big Latrell fan and would like him to stay but it was discussed amongst Roosters fan circles, forums like this and even the media that for the Roosters to keep key players we'd have to lose players.

In my mind I'd rather lose Latrell over Manu and I'd rather lose Tetevano over JWH. Nobody wants to see those players go but unfortunately it's a reality of the game. Wherever Latrell goes they'll have a gun centre/fullback/5/8 and the Panthers have already confirmed a great pick up in Zane Tetevano.

As you said, the Roosters will figure it out. Billy Smith made his debut last year at centre and was strong.If he's not ready we already know that Aubusson can fill in there until Smith or someone else is ready.

Even without Cronk, Latrell and Tetevano the 2020 Roosters side is a gun side that very well could go deep into the comp and potentially win it for the third time. Tedesco, Tupou, Manu, Keary, JWH, Friend, SST, Cordner, Crichton, Aubusson, Liu are all still on our books.

Yeah but which set of books?

betcats

Referee
Wow

you merkins really don’t care do ya’s?

Why would the roosters pay the guy as much Tedesco? Or more? That would be beyond stupid. They offered what they thought he is worth and stuck to it, are they supposed to cave because he spits the dummy? I really don’t like the roosters at all but I think it’s ludicrous people are questioning their management for not bending over to Latrell on this. They know more about Latrell than anyone, they know more about winning than any other club. If they have decided he isn’t worth more than 800k to them I’ll give them the benefit.

Latest posts