What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Why should AJ or Gagai get shafted? It’s not that easy to just get rid of players.
Bro it’s been a good day so far, Moley was wrong again it seems no Latrell news is good news as far as we are concerned bro, each day that goes and he’s still unsigned our chances go up 1-2 percent each day.

I’ve spoken to some Souths members I know today and they’re so 50/50 about Latrell, some reckon no chance he’s coming and others reckon he is, tbh I’m unsure.

Any idea how much we would pay Arrow mate!? Hopefully it isn’t overs.

Apparently Titans offered him a three year extension of around 2 mil all up

If we can’t land one of Latrell, Addo Carr or Radradra I’ll be greatly disappointed.

Which one of AJ or Gagai gets shafted for one of those guys I don’t care tbh.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why should AJ or Gagai get shafted? It’s not that easy to just get rid of players.
I know that it’s hard and easier said than done, Gagai is taking up a lot of cap space and I don’t feel we’ve gotten talk value out of him yet and imo his defence for an origin and international player leaves a lot to be desired. I’m not saying Gagai is bad by any means he’s just not doing enough for mine and AJ to me is not a week in and week out first grade fullback he’s a very good winger and a back up fullback, AJ has expressed his desire again and again to play regular fullback, Wayne could keep him in the 1 but I won’t be happy with that personally, but can you really see AJ staying in with us on the wing year in and year out? I can’t but that is just me. I think he comes off contract at end of 2020.

To me Douiehi is definitely the better fullback option and he’s bulked up more too already since the season ended.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
I know that it’s hard and easier said than done, Gagai is taking up a lot of cap space and I don’t feel we’ve gotten talk value out of him yet and imo his defence for an origin and international player leaves a lot to be desired. I’m not saying Gagai is bad by any means he’s just not doing enough for mine and AJ to me is not a week in and week out first grade fullback he’s a very good winger and a back up fullback, AJ has expressed his desire again and again to play regular fullback, Wayne could keep him in the 1 but I won’t be happy with that personally, but can you really see AJ staying in with us on the wing year in and year out? I can’t but that is just me. I think he comes off contract at end of 2020.

To me Douiehi is definitely the better fullback option and he’s bulked up more too already since the season ended.
I think the coaching staff decide who plays what position - lets just wait and see who is put at fullback when the season starts. Doueihi is too slow to play fullback long term so if it’s not AJ, the club needs to find a fullback as Corey Allan is even slower.
You state as fact that Gagai or AJ will go when it’s really only your opinion because you want those players gone.
Who is going to take Gagai off our hands at the money he is on? And AJ has twice turned down larger offers to stay at Souths as he is a junior and loyal.
The truth is our salary cap is a shambles unless Sam’s money comes through. And that’s Richos fault because we really could also have had to include GIs money for the next couple of years if he hadn’t retired and foregone his salary as Richo signed GI long term with a pre existing condition.

handyman2190

Bench
I think the coaching staff decide who plays what position - lets just wait and see who is put at fullback when the season starts. Doueihi is too slow to play fullback long term so if it’s not AJ, the club needs to find a fullback as Corey Allan is even slower.
You state as fact that Gagai or AJ will go when it’s really only your opinion because you want those players gone.
Who is going to take Gagai off our hands at the money he is on? And AJ has twice turned down larger offers to stay at Souths as he is a junior and loyal.
The truth is our salary cap is a shambles unless Sam’s money comes through. And that’s Richos fault because we really could also have had to include GIs money for the next couple of years if he hadn’t retired and foregone his salary as Richo signed GI long term with a pre existing condition.
Its your opinion our cap is a shambles

Peter Quinn

Juniors
100% this
But it’s the off season where wild accusations, guessing games and speculation about player contract value and generally hyperbole come into play.
Remember who you’re dealing with here.
Alex Johnston is a prolific try scorer for us. Mainly, that's been on the wing and Dane Gagai really hasn't done all that much wrong. A couple of games he let floaters bounce and missed tackles, but that was erased by four really good games in a row. He is an origin player.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Alex Johnston is a prolific try scorer for us. Mainly, that's been on the wing and Dane Gagai really hasn't done all that much wrong. A couple of games he let floaters bounce and missed tackles, but that was erased by four really good games in a row. He is an origin player.
AJ should be another club legend along the lines of sutton. He’s been criticised for his position in fullback. He’s capable. I personally prefer him at fullback than Doueihi.
We’ve had 3 coaches in 3 seasons. That’s a lot of changes to deal with on and off the field and AJ, I feel has handled the transitions well.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If we can find a better player than Gagai or AJ that’d be good, but if not we will have to keep them.

I agree it’d be very hard to shaft Gagai on unless he wanted to go, it seems Gagai is happy with us as of right now.

Imo I’ve seen more from Douiehi at fullback in a few games than what I’ve seen from AJ in heaps of games.

I love AJ on the wing, but that’s just my opinion.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
AJ should be another club legend along the lines of sutton. He’s been criticised for his position in fullback. He’s capable. I personally prefer him at fullback than Doueihi.
We’ve had 3 coaches in 3 seasons. That’s a lot of changes to deal with on and off the field and AJ, I feel has handled the transitions well.
I've never really considered that. Your right. I know we need forwards, that's a given. But I don't know that there are many good ones on the market.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Pete when I watch him for QLD I just wish Dane would produce that regularly at club level, don’t get me wrong he hasn’t been bad but for mine I just expected a bit more consistency out of him for the money he’s on.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Pete when I watch him for QLD I just wish Dane would produce that regularly at club level, don’t get me wrong he hasn’t been bad but for mine I just expected a bit more consistency out of him for the money he’s on.
I think everyone does.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
The only two things I don't like about AJ at fullback is, if they get to him inside the 10 mfr line, more often than not he gets dragged back in goal. That's because he refuses to go to ground. The other thing is his last line defence is terrible. If there's only him they just run straight over the top of him. He's a light weight and he has to realise that or I hate to say it, he will get hurt.

250excf

Juniors
The only two things I don't like about AJ at fullback is, if they get to him inside the 10 mfr line, more often than not he gets dragged back in goal. That's because he refuses to go to ground. The other thing is his last line defence is terrible. If there's only him they just run straight over the top of him. He's a light weight and he has to realise that or I hate to say it, he will get hurt.
Aj is 95kgs not a lightweight at all
Douhie is also around 95kgs not a lightweight either :blush:
I think AJ is a legend winger but AD definitely hits the line harder on kick returns where as AJ goes looking for space which is only natural

250excf

Juniors
100% this
But it’s the off season where wild accusations, guessing games and speculation about player contract value and generally hyperbole come into play.
Remember who you’re dealing with here.
Don’t go telling the truth mate you will be labelled a trouble maker :joy:

southsport

First Grade
I think the main problem with Gags is his one on one defence, Moses Suli made him look second rate.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If we can find a better player than Gagai or AJ that’d be good, but if not we will have to keep them.

I agree it’d be very hard to shaft Gagai on unless he wanted to go, it seems Gagai is happy with us as of right now.

Imo I’ve seen more from Douiehi at fullback in a few games than what I’ve seen from AJ in heaps of games.

I love AJ on the wing, but that’s just my opinion.

I agree with your opinion I think AJ has had his shot to make the fullback position his own but he hasn’t shown what Doueihi has shown. The only thing that concerns me about Doueihi is that he’s a bit of a ball hog and can hold onto the ball for too long. Other than that he has all the makings of a first grade fullback. I hope he works on his passing game in the preseason.

Even if AJ does leave the club, playing wing is where he will make the most money.