What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
I think he and Leota are similarly matched and when Moses is hid age will be well and truly ahead of him. Only Tetevano would be worth more due to coming from a glamour club.

Moses has come close to kicking on a few times then got injured. Fingers crossed he kicks on in 2020 and Tetevano becomes our 4th ranked prop. I think people forget just how much better players can look in good teams aswell.

Factor in our laid back fitness system, an inferior coach, a lesser pack around him and not being liked by the officials... Tetevano could very well be a plodder with us. Players often thrive in a particular system only to struggle elsewhere. Adam Blair is arguably the best example of that. No coach or team has gotten him performing the way Bellamy did at the Storm. I doubt Tetevano will follow in his footsteps. But I dont expect him to perform any better than being a solid benchie.

Moses averaged 68m last season. He is a solid NRL prop but he isn't better Tetevano or as good. Maybe he surpasses Zane one day but he hasn't reached him yet.

Yes it is very possible tetevano gets worse for numerous reasons, it is also very possible he gets better I mean people trying to say one is more likely than the other are just revealing their bias. All reports are he is professional and works hard now so lets see how he goes next year before deciding he was overrated due to the roosters.

Flashstep

Juniors
@franklin2323 Has made the case further player movement could benefit us as cap management makes players available. Anyone at the Cows we could use?

it’s a shame we already signed Tetevano, Cowboys look to be shopping around Asiata and he’s the type of prop we have missed ever since we got rid of Latu, solid player and has a good passing game for a forward. Plus he didn’t bash his girlfriend 4 times...

Fangs

Coach
it’s a shame we already signed Tetevano, Cowboys look to be shopping around Asiata and he’s the type of prop we have missed ever since we got rid of Latu, solid player and has a good passing game for a forward. Plus he didn’t bash his girlfriend 4 times...

Asiata?

First of all I'd be very surprised if he is being shopped around. He would be one of the most underrated players in the game. More than just a prop, very skilful player and a truer utility than any player in our top 30. I'd play him anywhere in the pack or 6 in a pinch.

With that said, roll out the red carpet if he is on the market. Outstanding footballer.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He vanished from our website

Its not official. But he pleads guilty. Canishes from the website. We sign Capewell immediately. Tetevano is supposedly signed too. Throw in Burton and that's our top 29 players sorted. With us likely to sit on that as most teams do incase we need a player mid-season.

I dont see us signing any backs now. Unless Burton is on a development contract. But since May is as good as gone IMO he gets that spot.

I tend to agree. I can see the NRL sitting him out for the rest of the year, perhaps even longer. Does the club re-sign him when the ban is over ? I have no idea. There are pros and cons in both ideas.

franklin2323

Immortal
OK - 3 signings done, and the general consensus is that we still need a centre, and we are a club looking for value.

Rummaging through the hypothetical "bargin bin", who are you looking at (assuming Mitchell is not an option)???

I'm thinking guys like Bird or Dugan??

I am guessing May was on $200k. We would atleast $100k left for player 30. $300k should get Atkin

franklin2323

Immortal
Moses averaged 68m last season. He is a solid NRL prop but he isn't better Tetevano or as good. Maybe he surpasses Zane one day but he hasn't reached him yet.

Yes it is very possible tetevano gets worse for numerous reasons, it is also very possible he gets better I mean people trying to say one is more likely than the other are just revealing their bias. All reports are he is professional and works hard now so lets see how he goes next year before deciding he was overrated due to the roosters.

Nothing stops these guys from playing NSW Cup if not good enough

Would be a perfect signing for us. About the right price I imagine as well.

Despite his age, he had a pretty good year last year. With the Sharks bringing back Ramien & also having Xerri, he might be surplus. I assume they’ll find it hard to move Dugan.

Would allow us to play an inexperienced centre on the other side.

If we could snag him I’d move Naden to the wing

Edwards
Naden
Chricton/Burton
Morris
To’o

I love Mansour, but I’m just not sure you can play a winger who brings very little in attack.

mxlegend99

Referee
If hes on the market you sign him even if it stacks out forwards after Capewell and Tetevano. Justify it by calling him our backup half.

OldPanther

Coach
Only problem with the Morris thing is that apparently (James Hooper warning) the Sharks salary cap is about to be fixed up.

TL;DR: prior to England.

Only problem with the Morris thing is that apparently (James Hooper warning) the Sharks salary cap is about to be fixed up.

TL;DR: prior to England.

True but how much game time will Morris get with Ramien back? I guess they could play him on a wing, but he’s probably a bit slow for wing these days.

Also we have to move Whare before it’s even possibly.

OldPanther

Coach
Maybe it about to be fixed up because we have signed Morris..........

I wish. He'd be perfect for a 12 month contract.

True but how much game time will Morris get with Ramien back? I guess they could play him on a wing, but he’s probably a bit slow for wing these days.

Also we have to move Whare before it’s even possibly.

Well that's it. I'd expect Xerri and Ramien to get the bulk of the game time and I'm not sure anyone would be interested in Whare honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts