What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
That Storm jersey isnt too bad but they seem to go from dark blue to purple every now and then as their main colour.
For years the club has been talking about ‘the purple jersey’ despite not wearing a predominately purple jersey since 2012. Makes sense to be wearing purple again. My personal preference is more navy than purple but this looks to be a good mix.

axl rose

Bench
Manly should never move away from the iconic hoops for the home, then do whatever they want with away and alternate, Anzac, diabetes, browns cows, Anzac, WIL, indigenous jerseys. Surely that is enough jerseys to sell. It should be as sacred as a Souths/Roosters design.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
Dynasty trying to be artistic and 'out of the box', except NRL isn't the sport for that. Just give ISC the licensing for all NRL teams, they understand tradition, and Dynasty can go play with the A-league

Clubs would be against this because they would have no control over an income stream. Though sports like the NBA (Nike), NHL (adidas), and NFL (Nike) all have deals where the competition signs the supplier contract.

I wonder if the NRL could user a bigger bargaining power than clubs to attract a more established supplier.

I've long thought that too many teams/organisations have lost touch with what a good jersey looks like. Aside from sponsors slapped all over jerseys like bumper stickers these days (a sad necessity to raise $), the vast majority are awful..

Clubs like the Roosters and Souths have it right. Stick to their history and it works. As for the rest - including my Dragons (Red V great, alternative strip has been attrocious of late for mine) juts keep dishing up toilet..

Simple is best.

Or another way to put it - in 30 years time will we see any of the current jerseys as "classics" and of the quality of the current retros you'd see in Mick Simmons...

https://www.micksimmons.com.au/collections/nrl-retro

All are absolute classics (except the Knights one for me - why they didnt do Henny Penny instead baffles me).

I say you wont see a single one..... none... the art has been lost.. We are all poorer for it.

sempmrh

Juniors
I really like the Manly away jersey and seeing the home jersey in that video it's not as bad as the first image - the V is just far too shallow. The collar is interesting I guess but I feel like it falls into the category of 'just because you can doesn't mean you should'. Will have to see some better images up close.

flippikat

Bench

Wow! Back to early/mid 90s "Block and lines" jerseys!!

With Manly doing a Pepsi-jersey inspired away, Penrith doing a version of their 1991 all sorts jersey & the Cowboys looking to their original strip as inspiration for 2020, it's very cool that old family of jerseys is back.

Can we now have Souths, Roosters & Gold Coast do "striped saddle" designs like they had in the 1990s???

Seriously though, jersey design has come a long way since the horrors of the early-mid 2000s (which reached an apex in the "Ugliest Grand Final ever" - Tigers v Cowboys 2005)

Latest posts