What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangs

Coach
2012/2013 was an exciting time for Panthers fans. Lean results on field but there was so much happening with signings and alike. You felt we were on the right track and you could sense things were building.

That needs to be restored in 2020. Like for Fangs if you agree!

OldPanther

Coach
2012/2013 was an exciting time for Panthers fans. Lean results on field but there was so much happening with signings and alike. You felt we were on the right track and you could sense things were building.

I'm still waiting for your campaign for prime minister.

kinghippo

Juniors
All in on the fox please Panthers.

Souths may not have as much $$$ as they initially thought because Burgess cap relief won’t come quickly and they are also favourites to get arrow.

Any reliable number on what Whare is on?

We know the length of his deal but I've never seen the yearly figure.

I like him, even if he was depth are we paying overs? I don't think he is the worst centre going around. And geez he has a lot of experience. Mansour looks like the one to chop if push comes to shove, his figure would be around 350k I believe.

All the talk at the time Whare signed his deal was he got less money because of the length of the deal. Pure guess but I’d say around 300-350k

OldPanther

Coach
Melbourne seems to be giving off a bit of a trouble in camp type of vibe.
Lots of potential player movement is not like them.
Croft, chambers, drinkwater, possibly Scott and fox.

The rumors among fans that I've heard is Smith staying in and causing issues but it could be total nonsense.

Zampaa

Juniors
Melbourne seems to be giving off a bit of a trouble in camp type of vibe.
Lots of potential player movement is not like them.
Croft, chambers, drinkwater, possibly Scott and fox.

Melbourne need to get rid of players if they want to keep Papanhauzen, Hughes, Smith, Grant, Fa'asuamaleaui, and any other young guns they've got, I'd assume they're just making room for their next gen of stars, instead of losing them.

franklin2323

Immortal

I agree. I like this squad better then last year. Have plenty of space in upcoming seasons to make changes as needed.

franklin2323

Immortal
I remember him signing on, I was so impressed. Whare was a star in the making. Loved his work at Manly and I couldn't believe a player like that would leave Manly to play here.

Mansour? Or Whare.

We know sauce took unders. He had bigger offers.

Whare. Heard $350k was overs back then average now with where the cap sits

mxlegend99

Referee
When he signed with us it was a massive deal somewhere in the vicinity of 600K which at the time was huge money.
Media had him on $750k a season. (4 years / $3 million. I think the higher figure seem more likely considering gains and losses in recent years.

No way he would get that much to re-sign though. He certainly wouldnt expect it when he was fearing the club would show him the door through the last off-season. Mez got the tap on the shoulder instead though.

When he signed with us it was a massive deal somewhere in the vicinity of 600K which at the time was huge money.

When he signed with us it was known the salary cap would be increasing massively. The latest TV deal was signed initially way back when Dave Smith was CEO, and he left the post in late 2015. It didn’t kick in until 2018 but that’s still 3 years of Tamou’s 4 year deal. All that is to say 600k isn’t as massive as it once was.

John Hamblin

Juniors
It would probably be hard to move Mansour on as well I think. I guess we could offer him in a swap deal with Melbourne, a change of scenery could do Mansour some good plus he’s the type of player that would probably thrive under Bellamy.

Josh has been very good in the past BUT his defence has always been average

Crashtest

Juniors
No doubt Cleary has a huge say & influence, just pointing out that others likely have to sign off on the decisions. Which is a good thing I think.

I agree it’s a good thing. Most teams seam to have gone away from one person making all recruitment and contract decisions. The length and size of the RCG deal is a good example of why one person shouldn’t have total control, so that things like personal bias or effection for junior players can’t play a part in making total irrational decisions.

Fangs

Coach
Call me crazy but surely you address the need for an outside back when you actually have space in your cap rather than praying for a late season offload or two? Maybe instead of signing 2 forwards?

But get JAC & all is forgiven Ivan.

Father son holy ghost baby! All hail Dave's Mate.

franklin2323

Immortal
Call me crazy but surely you address the need for an outside back when you actually have space in your cap rather than praying for a late season offload or two? Maybe instead of signing 2 forwards?

But get JAC & all is forgiven Ivan.

Again if Walker signs problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts