What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Lion drink and dairy sold to China.....
Wage growth has stopped.
Property prices rising
Population growth rising.
People not spending.

How long before we are working 60hrs a week just to survive? I'll predict sooner rather then later

You forgot the debt precipice that has tripled under the current government, rising unemployment and the looming recession.

Please refer all enquiries to @Delboy .

Lion drink and dairy sold to China.....
Wage growth has stopped.
Property prices rising
Population growth rising.
People not spending.

How long before we are working 60hrs a week just to survive? I'll predict sooner rather then later

It was only sold to Chinese because no one else wanted to buy it. Kirin took the hit of over $500m in debt to try and sell it but still no one wanted it. The Chinese were the only option - Kirin was literally going to pull the pin and walk away and let the whole thing fall if no one bought it.

Wage growth will sit around 2% - which is above inflation. It's not great by any means at all, but it hasn't technically stopped...yet.

Outside the top quartile, property prices are not rising. We will see a rise at the beginning of next year with the new First Home Buyers stuff, but then it will drop off again by mid-year. The housing market is, effectively, dead for the near future.

I've already discussed this one.

Because people are smart.

hindy111

Post Whore
It was only sold to Chinese because no one else wanted to buy it. Kirin took the hit of over $500m in debt to try and sell it but still no one wanted it. The Chinese were the only option - Kirin was literally going to pull the pin and walk away and let the whole thing fall if no one bought it.

Wage growth will sit around 2% - which is above inflation. It's not great by any means at all, but it hasn't technically stopped...yet.

Outside the top quartile, property prices are not rising. We will see a rise at the beginning of next year with the new First Home Buyers stuff, but then it will drop off again by mid-year. The housing market is, effectively, dead for the near future.

I've already discussed this one.

Because people are smart.

We will see.
Perhaps not yet in mountains. Or western Sydney. But the flow on effect.Things take about 6mths to hit west and another 6mths to reach mountains price rise wise.
Restricted supply is creating demand along with media hyping up the market.People are getting desperate. I've been to Auctions. 100-150k overs seems the norm around inner west for a daggy terrace.
Banks have opened up their belts and giving people money again. Rates are low so people are buying.

The only way I see things potentially leveling off is sellers start to enter market again as prices have had a sugar hit. More supply and people may not be so desperate and feel like will miss out. That and the economy slowing and fears of a recession.
Fingers crossed the people who have thrown the extra 100k at places are limited and have snapped up a place with little patience and disappeared.

Otherwise I will be joining you up in the Mountains as an alternative.

Gronk

Staff member
Ping @Gronk ... did you see trumps latest tweet of himself?
This one ? His supporters will say that he has a great sense of humour. His detractors will dive deep into his psyche and conclude that he is a first rate nutter.

I just think that the leader of the free world should show some considered restraint when it comes to communication. I know that some will say that he is breaking the mould, but really his daily dozens of obscure tweets depicts himself as an immature dick.

Chipmunk

Coach
I find it interesting that Lion Dairy and Drinks, which was previously National Foods, which was bought out by a Philipino multi national almost 15 years ago and then taken over by a Japanese company (Lion/Kirin) over a decade ago, that people are only now whingeing that it won't be Australian now as the Chinese are involved.

Bazal

Post Whore
I find it interesting that Lion Dairy and Drinks, which was previously National Foods, which was bought out by a Philipino multi national almost 15 years ago and then taken over by a Japanese company (Lion/Kirin) over a decade ago, that people are only now whingeing that it won't be Australian now as the Chinese are involved.

I said the same thing on FB a little while ago and got blasted lol.

Especially when you talk about booze... Seems bogan Aussies don't like being told their VB or Tooheys hasn't been Australian since they were kids

hindy111

Post Whore
This one ? His supporters will say that he has a great sense of humour. His detractors will dive deep into his psyche and conclude that he is a first rate nutter.

I just think that the leader of the free world should show some considered restraint when it comes to communication. I know that some will say that he is breaking the mould, but really his daily dozens of obscure tweets depicts himself as an immature dick.

He keeps himself fit for an old guy

hindy111

Post Whore

Most likely cause Chinese are buying most of Australia not Japan. I'd imagine if our country was being run by Japanese the people would be looked after more then China.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Most likely cause Chinese are buying most of Australia not Japan. I'd imagine if our country was being run by Japanese the people would be looked after more then China.

Chinese are buying most places in the world because they currently have the big money. If you think we have it bad, be sure to lookup up cases of Sri Lanka, Nepal and some parts of Africa. I suspect this is also the case with Europe. Apparently, Chinese now own 3 football clubs in EPL.

84 Baby

Referee
Remember the days when it was only US and USSR buying up other countries. Or before that the Poms, French, Spain and China

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

The elites all laugh at Trump but get pissy when he laughs at himself. Comedy for me but not for thee?

The ABC has just admitted everyone except Greens voters have had enough of PC overreach. I dare say it's the same in the US. This is why they got Trump.