What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
I like Gleneels posts. He sets a high standard for the club he supports.
One of my favourite posters.
Thank you Hindy. Yes I'm a passionate supporter and have been for many years, probably more years than the age of many on here. And I always expect the team to do well, probably spoilt by viewing the team during the 1981-86 years, and am disappointed when they do poorly. That we've been wooden spooners 3 times over the last few years has been most disappointing, I thought those bad years were left behind in the 1970s. So if I go off when we have a bad year or play an awful game you understand my passion for the club which is ingrained in my DNA.

And all those who don't like my posts can simply not read them because I wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to this club and will call a spade a shovel when appropriate.

Glenneel

Bench
I dont nind the Tigers and after all players they lost I would like to see them do well.
But some of their signings leave me scratching my head. Individually they have been solid but collectively I wonder what they are doing.
Seems like they are happy to take any teams disgaurds. Luciano would be a nice signing. But for a team like Tigers I reckon better looking for some leaders.
From Mbye to R.Jennings to Stefano and Luciano it seems almost like they will add anyone with first grade potential. Problem is they are paying overs for them.Unsure if they are filling needs.
Bulldogs have holes but seem to be patient. I have no doubt they will be strong again at some point.
Panther also building around needs just like Parra are.
Difference is we are filling holes in our roster where there's a need, Tigs just seem to be adding players without any plan. Like Reynolds, paid overs at $800k (worth about $300k), but didn't really know where to put him. No wonder their cap is a mess.

Chipmunk

Coach
There appears to be a definite Premiership window opening up for us if we're good enough and can make a one or two astute signings in the off-season.

The Roosters without Cronk and potentially Mitchell should slip back a bit. I'd be surprised if the Storm field a Premiership contending squad next season (still will probably be minor premiers). Souths without Sutton and Burgess shouldn't be anywhere near as strong. Raiders are vulnerable for a back-it-up next season scenario. No other squad appears to be significantly improving their squad.

It appears to be available if we're smart and good enough.

eel01s

Bench
There appears to be a definite Premiership window opening up for us if we're good enough and can make a one or two astute signings in the off-season.

The Roosters without Cronk and potentially Mitchell should slip back a bit. I'd be surprised if the Storm field a Premiership contending squad next season (still will probably be minor premiers). Souths without Sutton and Burgess shouldn't be anywhere near as strong. Raiders are vulnerable for a back-it-up next season scenario. No other squad appears to be significantly improving their squad.

It appears to be available if we're smart and good enough.
I agree with your point about astute signings. We still have a couple of spots available in our top 30. If we get the right players where we are deficient we can give it a red hot go next season.

emjaycee

Coach
You're assuming we'll be significantly better - Unlikely
No other team will rise up - Unlikely

No, I don't have the answer either but I hope you're right.
Why would you not expect us to be better... we have recruited well into the 2 top 17 roles we needed to fill (RCG and Matto) and our younger/inexperienced players (Drown, Mahoney, Sivo, Niukore) all have an important full FG season under their belt. Our halfback and fullback are in the top 4-5 in the comp and we have a good combination of youth and experience throughout the squad...
No reason we can't compete for a top 4 spot and from there.. who knows.