What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Valheru

Coach
Was JWH's absence the reason SKD put a ball on the chest of Darius Boyd in the preliminary final in 2015?

No but we very likely would not have even been playing Brisbane if JWH wasn't injured.

We lost to storm by 2 in week 1 without JWH and Pearce. We win with JWH IMO and then you guys are playing us in week 3 instead.

Maybe you guys still win maybe you don't, we will never know.

I'm not even making an excuse for that year, it's just an example of how important to our team he his.

Chimp

Bench
If you were being very cynical, you could think that this is a ploy all about perception - Uncle Nick agrees with LM that they're going to publicly pull their offer, with an agreement that eventually after all the shit storm, his perceived value will be lower, allowing the Roosters to then register a much lower official contract (as he cant get better elsewhere), topped up with guaranteed, but unofficial brown paper bag cash.

Latrell gets his $1m, Rooster only register $500k - everyone's a winner.

It's all coming together nicely.....

Valheru

Coach
What a crack-up aye.

Best prop for the last 7 yea.... bwahaha.

One good thing about Roosters going b2b, they’re cockier than John feckin Holmes and it’s hilarious.

It's a matter of opinion.

Do you disagree he is in the conversation?

Who has been better over that period?

Scott, Burgess and fifita are in the conversation.

Bromwich? Procter? Who else?

simmo05

Bench
I think he's waiting on Souths.
If he signs with Souths for 2021 I wonder what Roosters do? No chance we let him go early. f**k that.
Are we petty enough to sit him at Norths?
I hope so, my club was to weak to do it to Moses and matterson

Vic Mackey

Referee
What a crack-up aye.

Best prop for the last 7 yea.... bwahaha.

One good thing about Roosters going b2b, they’re cockier than John feckin Holmes and it’s hilarious.

I’m no roosters lover, but I 100% agree that he is.

The fact that JWH isn’t widely considered the best prop in the game and the top handful of players fullstop has always seemed bewildering to me.

Guys like Jesse Bromwich and David Klemmer have generally been given these titles yet in every big game JWH makes them his bitch. I mean FFS in 15/16 people were calling Woods and Graham this.

I know Keary got the CCM in 18 bit I’ll go as far to say that if JWH played for Melbourne that game they win. He ran roughshot over the Storm pack and completely set the tone for the night.

If I could sign any Roosters player it would be him or Teddy with daylight second.

jack coburn

Juniors
Does anybody really think Mitchell is going anywhere but the scabs. Mundine takes his son from saints over there and now is in Mitchell’s ear. They just playing everyone like fools deals already done just waiting for Toddy to come to the party again. What Wayne and Russell want Toddy gets for them.

BadnMean

Juniors
Best joke post I've seen in 5 years.

Kudos to you.

I'm not sure if his finest moment was arguing against the mythical person who said JWH wasn't a top 5 prop, or calling Papa fat & lazy, or arguing JWH has more impact than Papa (he only scored 2 match winning solo tries in the run to the GF & had better attacking stats than JWH all season, plus defends the house down) ...

But my favourite is that the measure of a devoted Roosters fan is that "watches ever Roosters game..." gees, the DEVOTION of that fan base! To even watch every single game. My word. They truly are special. Move over Knights fans! Move over you open eyed, crazy misguided Broncos fans, you Canberrans who get out to a minus 3 degree concrete freezer all year. This bloke looks up from his latte for upwards of 100 minutes each weekend!

Valheru

Coach
I'm not sure if his finest moment was arguing against the mythical person who said JWH wasn't a top 5 prop, or calling Papa fat & lazy, or arguing JWH has more impact than Papa (he only scored 2 match winning solo tries in the run to the GF & had better attacking stats than JWH all season, plus defends the house down) ...

But my favourite is that the measure of a devoted Roosters fan is that "watches ever Roosters game..." gees, the DEVOTION of that fan base! To even watch every single game. My word. They truly are special. Move over Knights fans! Move over you open eyed, crazy misguided Broncos fans, you Canberrans who get out to a minus 3 degree concrete freezer all year. This bloke looks up from his latte for upwards of 100 minutes each weekend!

Gee your comprehension needs some work.

Where to start...

I said papa was fat and lazy at one point, he admits as such if not in the exact words. That is why his coach needed to "challenge" him. He needs to keep this year's form up for a while yet to be considered in the same league as JWH over his career.

I said JWH has been the most impactful prop over 7 years, not specifically this year. That's not to say in any given year there weren't more impactful props, just over that sustained period he has been the most impactful and our winning record with him as opposed to without suggests thefe is validity to that.

Your rant about me watching every game is bizarre. I wasn't saying it as a measure of devotion, I was giving an indication of the sample size when giving the opinion of JWH importance to our team.