What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

possm

Coach
Given that the Tigers have withdrawn their offer to Mitchell, should the Dragons forget about retaining Leilua and recruiting Merin? Maybe making a play for Mithcell instead.

Wow amazing who would think a superstar like Mitchell without a contract. Id take him forsure. Pay him saints. Who cares if he cost us much as ben Hunt. Atleast he might do a bit for us in attack. Hunts mind is not in the game and i pray he sorts out his Mental health issues. As he looked disjointed and lost. And goes in and out of concentration. When hes on his on though. Pls fix That Benny. And saints make a bid for the rampaging Mitchell

Wow amazing who would think a superstar like Mitchell without a contract. Id take him forsure. Pay him saints. Who cares if he cost us much as ben Hunt. Atleast he might do a bit for us in attack. Hunts mind is not in the game and i pray he sorts out his Mental health issues. As he looked disjointed and lost. And goes in and out of concentration. When hes on his on though. Pls fix That Benny. And saints make a bid for the rampaging Mitchell
Also maybe Frizz to souths i keep hearing the rumour and if he does gluck. Then we can offer Mitchell

That means Mitchell could have his no 1 Jersey. As hes leaps and bounds on Lomax. I havent had my say about lomax. Obviously can play. My problem is i think he needs another yr in lower grades to build his muscle up for his tall frame. Hes still growing.Needs sprint training. Even Duff for me is better than lomax. His hype is a bit big for me. Great junior will build into a Gasnier centre i reckon

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Don’t think anyone is doubting his skill level, just his attitude and the stigma that goes with being advised by A. Mundine and alike.

He’s going to shoot himself in the foot if he keeps going as he is.

Tigers will probably get him but they’ve fired a warning shot over his head to say, stop being a dickhead.

Otherwise, it’s the Rorters feeder club for 2020.

No one is bigger than the game, no one.

possm

Coach
Don’t think anyone is doubting his skill level, just his attitude and the stigma that goes with being advised by A. Mundine and alike.

He’s going to shoot himself in the foot if he keeps going as he is.

Tigers will probably get him but they’ve fired a warning shot over his head to say, stop being a dickhead.

Otherwise, it’s the Rorters feeder club for 2020.

No one is bigger than the game, no one.
Tigers going for Atto Carr instead. Time for Millward to earn his keep.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, lets look at this in reality.
We still ned to sign 5 players and we have about $1m left in the cap for 2020.
Mitchell is demanding $1m. So, signing him leaves 0, zero, zilch money to sign 4 players, which would mean suspension from the comp for 2020, or fined, or loss of competition points or all of the above.
So lets unload players. Well we cant! We've already tried to offload several players without a bite, and even if they we're picked up, we would be up for a major portion of their 2020 salary add to this that we still would need to replace them in yhe top 30 as well as the 4 we are short of atm.
The fact we have a cast majority of our squad off contract at the end of 2020 and the recent signings longvterm of our promising juniors tells everyone where we are focused, ie; 2021 and beyond. Add to this the appointment of Flannagan and his assistant further emphasises this.
Anyways back to Mitchell. Hr wants to play fullback for 1 reason only and its not for the position, it's for the $$$ for a spine player. There is little evidence he could make a success for a whole season in the custodian role. Same applies to Lomax in some eay but yhe pay scale is almost at the opposite ends.
The fact also is that 3 clubs have now pulled the pin on him, that equals mega warning bells about his committment and wanting to play for the team. No one is doubting hisctalent and when switched on he is one of the top players in the NRL, but watching him up and after Origin he was no more than just a passenger in that Roosters team, so when he's switched off, he appears no better than what we currently have on our books.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

In case you don't understand, he is trouble. We already have our issues with Jack, we don't need more problems.

Hope he sorts it out and gets well and succeeds in whatever he does however, just not at the Dragons.

possm

Coach
So, lets look at this in reality.
We still ned to sign 5 players and we have about $1m left in the cap for 2020.
Mitchell is demanding $1m. So, signing him leaves 0, zero, zilch money to sign 4 players, which would mean suspension from the comp for 2020, or fined, or loss of competition points or all of the above.
So lets unload players. Well we cant! We've already tried to offload several players without a bite, and even if they we're picked up, we would be up for a major portion of their 2020 salary add to this that we still would need to replace them in yhe top 30 as well as the 4 we are short of atm.
The fact we have a cast majority of our squad off contract at the end of 2020 and the recent signings longvterm of our promising juniors tells everyone where we are focused, ie; 2021 and beyond. Add to this the appointment of Flannagan and his assistant further emphasises this.
Anyways back to Mitchell. Hr wants to play fullback for 1 reason only and its not for the position, it's for the $$$ for a spine player. There is little evidence he could make a success for a whole season in the custodian role. Same applies to Lomax in some eay but yhe pay scale is almost at the opposite ends.
The fact also is that 3 clubs have now pulled the pin on him, that equals mega warning bells about his committment and wanting to play for the team. No one is doubting hisctalent and when switched on he is one of the top players in the NRL, but watching him up and after Origin he was no more than just a passenger in that Roosters team, so when he's switched off, he appears no better than what we currently have on our books.
My estimates show we have released or about to release approximately 2.4m of players. The only signing so far being Luke at about 350k. So that is over 2m without taking into consideration the increase in the salary cap.

Put Flanagan in charge of Mitchell and he will blossom into a great fullback/right centre. Offer him 850k for 2020 on a 4 year deal and more if he comes through 2020 without a problem. In 2021 we will have a little more cap to spend however, who do you think we will punt. All of our problem players are in our backs and except for Aitken and Lafai on about 750k between them, the rest are lowly paid players.

All this talk about big bucks being available in 2021 is just another bit of spin to save Millward. It seems to me the big bucks are held against:
Vaughan 650k
McInnes 600k
James 400k
T Sims 500k
Frizell 550k
De Belin / Merin 550k
K Sims 350k

Approximately 3.6m

Of course we also have a halves combination worth about 1.8m

Which of the above players to you suggest we let go and who to replace them.

It is clear to me that we have been able to retain our forwards because we are paying them well.

Good to see some optomism here about the Mitchell situation. Nailed it mate.
Id say get rid of Mcinnes. Big call but dont think he will bring us a premiership. Korbin is on Budget money considering he is a sims brother. Great Buy he will have a biggie this year.

My estimates show we have released or about to release approximately 2.4m of players. The only signing so far being Luke at about 350k. So that is over 2m without taking into consideration the increase in the salary cap.

Put Flanagan in charge of Mitchell and he will blossom into a great fullback/right centre. Offer him 850k for 2020 on a 4 year deal and more if he comes through 2020 without a problem. In 2021 we will have a little more cap to spend however, who do you think we will punt. All of our problem players are in our backs and except for Aitken and Lafai on about 750k between them, the rest are lowly paid players.

All this talk about big bucks being available in 2021 is just another bit of spin to save Millward. It seems to me the big bucks are held against:
Vaughan 650k
McInnes 600k
James 400k
T Sims 500k
Frizell 550k
De Belin / Merin 550k
K Sims 350k

Approximately 3.6m

Of course we also have a halves combination worth about 1.8m

Which of the above players to you suggest we let go and who to replace them.

It is clear to me that we have been able to retain our forwards because we are paying them well.

TruSaint

Referee
We can add up tallies all we want, but the word from recruitment some time ago was, their will be no marquee signings. The squad we have with a few additions from ESL / fringe 1st graders elsewhere is where we will land. And in his case, Im with the Club.

There is a reason why he has been turned away from so many Clubs.

Lets move on.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Good to see some optomism here about the Mitchell situation. Nailed it mate.
Id say get rid of Mcinnes. Big call but dont think he will bring us a premiership. Korbin is on Budget money considering he is a sims brother. Great Buy he will have a biggie this year.
I would be open to the idea of moving Hunt to hooker and playing Norman halfback with Sailor 5/8. Hunt would definitely provide us with more attack out of dummy half than McInnes does, he is also good enough to be Qld's current hooker.

TruSaint

Referee
I would be open to the idea of moving Hunt to hooker and playing Norman halfback with Sailor 5/8. Hunt would definitely provide us with more attack out of dummy half than McInnes does, he is also good enough to be Qld's current hooker.

Hunt will not dislodge Cam from hooker.
Nor should he. We dont have the luxury of a SOO squad to mix and match.. Didnt we pay decent coin for a half ?