What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Townsend keen to stay a Shark

Stalefish

Juniors
chad is exactly the half we need right now when u have moylan and johnson prancing around. hes a perfect foil with our current squad

we dont need anymore prancers.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Certainly have Prancer

images

myrrh ken

First Grade
Everyone can relax now. Seems to have been done. 3 more years.

Sif he was going anywhere else.

Star halfback Chad Townsend re-signs with the Sharks
Adrian Proszenko
November 29, 2019 — 10.57am

Cronulla has retained Chad Townsend on a new deal that will ensure the premiership-winning halfback remains at the club until the end of 2023.

Townsend, who was off contract at the end of the season, has signed on for an additional three seasons to give him an opportunity to finish at the club where he started his NRL career. An official announcement could come as soon as Friday.

3ab6ea9bdf3aca459982f346c61ad4c53045ea6e

Chad Townsend is set to re-sign with Cronulla.CREDIT:NINEVMS

The 28-year-old is arguably in the best form of his career and was awarded the Monty Porter medal as the team’s best player for the season.

The local junior has been one of Cronulla’s most consistent performers since returning to the club in 2016 after a stint at the New Zealand Warriors. He became the first halfback to steer the side to premiership glory that season and has remained a solid contributor to the Sharks, particularly during an injury crisis in coach John Morris’ first year at the helm.

The parties had been in dialogue for several months about a new deal.

On Saturday, Townsend told NRL.com that he was 'confident' he would re-sign with the Sharks but would do what was best for his family.

“I'm confident that something will happen [with the Sharks] but it is a bit of a process," he said.

“It's rugby league, so we'll see what happens. I'd love to stay and I think the club knows that but I'm at the point now where I've got to make the right decision for myself.

“I've got two kids now and a wife at home – I need to make sure that I put them first in the decision. I love playing here but it's a pretty big decision in terms of where I'm at in my career.”

MilkShark

First Grade
''The local junior has been one of Cronulla’s most consistent performers since returning to the club in 2016''

ok......