What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Vision

First Grade
cant read it but no surprise really. End of next season will be our main recruitment window.

Hopefully we can muster up some TPA's and compete with the big boys. Some below market real estate deals, crypto transfers or even a boat or 2 will do. Hell even contact Gee for some brown paper bags. Come on Wests just do it.

PhilGould

Bench
Last Toohey's News for the year:

- Zac Lomax and his manager met with O'Brien and McKinnon at Knights HQ during the week. Knights very keen on him for 2021 but will have a lot of competition.

- Knights have signed highly regarded outside back Lathan Hutchinson-Walters from the Roosters for the u/20's squad.

- Bradman Best has picked up where he left off at the end of the season, being voted the clubs best trainer for week 1 by the coaching and high performance staff.

- Some fitness and high performance training guru has been observing the Knights training at the invitation of O'Brien.

- Watson led the first grade squad for the 1.2km time trial followed by Pearce and Randall. A newly signed u/20's half from Tamworth finished with the quickest time over all grades.

Yosh

Coach
Lomax is also a kicker right? I hope that's the lad I'm thinking of because he is gun.

I really hope we find somewhere on the team for Watson. Really like the kid.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I really hope we find somewhere on the team for Watson. Really like the kid.
I havent forgiven him for his attitude in the Titans game. One of the most crap unprofessional displays I've seen in a while that one. You'd hope that with O'brien's standards he'd have done a long stint in reserve grade after that.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I havent forgiven him for his attitude in the Titans game. One of the most crap unprofessional displays I've seen in a while that one. You'd hope that with O'brien's standards he'd have done a long stint in reserve grade after that.

To be fair just about our whole side was poor that day. There were plenty of redeeming games from him at other stages in the season. Also when we went on that losing streak later on he was one of the few guys who was putting in effort every week.

While it’s a bit of a mystery where he plays in our side next season I think he has to be in the 17 somewhere.

Knight Vision

First Grade
To be fair just about our whole side was poor that day.
very true and had a few more games just like it. Perhaps the winning streak we had mid season (against some under strength top teams) masked the underlying issue with the squad. Cant wait to see if O'brien can fix it.

Big Pete

Referee
Shibasaki was a popular scapegoat among Broncos fans. Despite having numerous opportunities, Shibasaki struggled to score tries to the point where he became a head case. While most are happy to see the back of him, I still think he's young enough to make the most of a second chance and could be a very handy squad player, especially at a club like Newcastle where the outside backs are so young and inexperienced.

If he can minimise his errors, I see a strong defensive player who is capable of churning out the metres coming out of trouble.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
It’s likely we’re picking him up on the cheap so I don’t see too much downside if he fails but plenty of upside if he succeeds in becoming a contributing member of the squad.

Hymel Hunt came here only as a depth signing as well and look how well he turned out for us...

Old dog

Juniors
It’s likely we’re picking him up on the cheap so I don’t see too much downside if he fails but plenty of upside if he succeeds in becoming a contributing member of the squad.

Hymel Hunt came here only as a depth signing as well and look how well he turned out for us...
Hunt had played a fair bit of 1st grade not sure how these new guys will go, guess time will tell

Latest posts