What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell Mitchell

possm

Coach
Hunt will not dislodge Cam from hooker.
Nor should he. We dont have the luxury of a SOO squad to mix and match.. Didnt we pay decent coin for a half ?
So norman to half/first receiver on the left side of the field and Hunt at 6 on the right side. I would rather Hunt at 6 or 9 because is time with us at 7 has not been a success.

I would also rather Mitchell at fullback even if it meant we would have to release Hunt to make it work.

Belta

Juniors
The ignoramus is too arrogant to experiment with any deviation from his cut and paste spread sheet, no matter how many losses we endure. His pride won’t allow him to deviate from his publicised opinions and his self proclaimed masterful game plans.

Just one of the most obvious was trialling the rotation of Hunt and McInnes at intervals last year? This is why it’s such a coup having Flanagan around. His input it could be a massive turning point for our club building into 2021

Crush

Coach
So norman to half/first receiver on the left side of the field and Hunt at 6 on the right side. I would rather Hunt at 6 or 9 because is time with us at 7 has not been a success.

I would also rather Mitchell at fullback even if it meant we would have to release Hunt to make it work.
Who would you play at halfback if you sold off Hunt for Mitchell?

Gareth67

First Grade
I would be open to the idea of moving Hunt to hooker and playing Norman halfback with Sailor 5/8. Hunt would definitely provide us with more attack out of dummy half than McInnes does, he is also good enough to be Qld's current hooker.

I believe your on the right track Frank , however where does that leave Issac Luke ?

Mary has big plans for him , but yes I can’t wait to see young Sailor playing regularly in the 1sts especially from the half’s .

We can add up tallies all we want, but the word from recruitment some time ago was, their will be no marquee signings. The squad we have with a few additions from ESL / fringe 1st graders elsewhere is where we will land. And in his case, Im with the Club.

There is a reason why he has been turned away from so many Clubs.

Lets move on.
Word from the recruitement. Recruitement WHO. Exactly why no big signings as the backstage muppeteers are going to work on killing us.
Can someone inform me since Bennett left who has been our recruitement officers. As im not to familiar with this side of the game. Thank god... I didn't even know who Millward was till i signed up...serious.pissing myself.

It would be great to hear some of the Muppets that have gone on to ruin us since 2011... So us fans have 8 yrs of Hell.. Of hoping it would get fixed by these imbosiles.
Theres not a word to describe in the dictionary for whats happend to the DRAGONS.

My estimates show we have released or about to release approximately 2.4m of players. The only signing so far being Luke at about 350k. So that is over 2m without taking into consideration the increase in the salary cap.

Put Flanagan in charge of Mitchell and he will blossom into a great fullback/right centre. Offer him 850k for 2020 on a 4 year deal and more if he comes through 2020 without a problem. In 2021 we will have a little more cap to spend however, who do you think we will punt. All of our problem players are in our backs and except for Aitken and Lafai on about 750k between them, the rest are lowly paid players.

All this talk about big bucks being available in 2021 is just another bit of spin to save Millward. It seems to me the big bucks are held against:
Vaughan 650k
McInnes 600k
James 400k
T Sims 500k
Frizell 550k
De Belin / Merin 550k
K Sims 350k

Approximately 3.6m

Of course we also have a halves combination worth about 1.8m

Which of the above players to you suggest we let go and who to replace them.

It is clear to me that we have been able to retain our forwards because we are paying them well.
Also possm thanks alot for this information. Your obviously a knowledgeable person. Thanks for doing the Maths for me to fivure out where we are at. Have a Great Weekend..fellow forumer

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I believe your on the right track Frank , however where does that leave Issac Luke ?

Mary has big plans for him , but yes I can’t wait to see young Sailor playing regularly in the 1sts especially from the half’s .

Issac Luke has a big head, so he can fill in for all kinds of childrens parties in the many pantomine outfits Mcgregor has in his wardrobe.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
My estimates show we have released or about to release approximately 2.4m of players. The only signing so far being Luke at about 350k. So that is over 2m without taking into consideration the increase in the salary cap.

Put Flanagan in charge of Mitchell and he will blossom into a great fullback/right centre. Offer him 850k for 2020 on a 4 year deal and more if he comes through 2020 without a problem. In 2021 we will have a little more cap to spend however, who do you think we will punt. All of our problem players are in our backs and except for Aitken and Lafai on about 750k between them, the rest are lowly paid players.

All this talk about big bucks being available in 2021 is just another bit of spin to save Millward. It seems to me the big bucks are held against:
Vaughan 650k
McInnes 600k
James 400k
T Sims 500k
Frizell 550k
De Belin / Merin 550k
K Sims 350k

Approximately 3.6m

Of course we also have a halves combination worth about 1.8m

Which of the above players to you suggest we let go and who to replace them.

It is clear to me that we have been able to retain our forwards because we are paying them well.

Lets assume your $2.4m is correct (close but around $2m)
We have signed:
Luke $130k
Upgraded:
Ford, Lovodua and Saab and Blacker all on $130k
Re-signed:
Kerr $200 - $250k
Top up salary previously paid by Parramatta for Norman $200k.
Leilua will trade off for Merrin at same $$ value.
So again where is tge $$$ for tge renaining 5 players we have to sign one of them being Sailor?

We all agree that mitchell is a talk signing.Nothing else. Bet hey we can dream. He would stop pathways for are juniors anyways as he would be so good under Flannos strict Ways.And i say Block as he can play anywhere in the backline.. He would even make a great winger. Dont want to see how good this kid can get when his heads on straight..Frightning prospect i say.

nontime111

Juniors

same, dont even care about lapses in D now Id really just like to see some players breathing FIRE in ATTACK for boredoms sake...Sailor goes off, hell be the LUCH of the backline, now luch is gone sadly...total wildcard must play halves, both Norm and Hunt are so slow old and stagnant

Frank Facer

First Grade
Hunt will not dislodge Cam from hooker.
Nor should he. We dont have the luxury of a SOO squad to mix and match.. Didnt we pay decent coin for a half ?
Yes we did pay decent coin for a half and I am more than happy with Hunt in the halves, although I think he is more suited to 5/8 than halfback. I think Sailor could develop into a good 5/8. He has a good running game, good passing game and good short kicking game and he has natural attacking instincts. We also have 2 very promising halves coming through in Sullivan and Wishart. It isn't that I don't like McInness, I just think Hunt would provide us with more attack out of dummy half than McInness. I thought he played very well there for Qld this year. Hunt at hooker would give us X factor at dummy half. I still believe we could get could value out of Hunt at hooker and Sailor 5/8, who would be on cheap coin. We would likely be saving money if we let McInness go and and played Sailor 5/8. I basically think we would have more flair with Hunt 9, Norman 7 and Sailor 6.

Dragsters

First Grade
Lets assume your $2.4m is correct (close but around $2m)
We have signed:
Luke $130k
Upgraded:
Ford, Lovodua and Saab and Blacker all on $130k
Re-signed:
Kerr $200 - $250k
Top up salary previously paid by Parramatta for Norman $200k.
Leilua will trade off for Merrin at same $$ value.
So again where is tge $$$ for tge renaining 5 players we have to sign one of them being Sailor?

Millward on Luc moving on...

"As a result we'll be able to do a multiple things as far as overall recruitment is concerned with Luciano's money."

Dragsters

First Grade
What signings could u see being made ?

Who knows what could be made but imo, at this stage, if they intend on playing Lomax at fullback (which I'm not convinced about) then our biggest weakness is right centre.

Aitken has proved time and time again that he is a defensive liability and every other coach in the NRL knows it...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Millward on Luc moving on...

"As a result we'll be able to do a multiple things as far as overall recruitment is concerned with Luciano's money."

Exactly: This may not directly refer to signing anyone but more to retention.
We have yet to re-sign Sailor, have a battle on our hands to keep Lomax and/or Friz. The "doing multiple things" has many connotations.
It also says that Merrin will re-sign with us on very little coin, or was Leilua on more coin than he was worth?