What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
So where's BJ off to then? Where do Simonssen, Rapana and Cotric fit in? Croker is going nowhere.

Something must be up. They're already stacked in the outside backs.

Exactly. I expect to see a departure out of Canberra coming soon maybe even the other way. No way Scott goes to not get a starting spot

BxTom

Bench
I didn't blame him(hook blamed himself though), I said he wasn't inconsistent until they fell out, there is no blame assigned there. Do you honestly think he had a bad attitude or was unprofessional when Hook made him captain? LOL your whole narrative of Moylan always being a problem child doesn't add up at all. It wasn't until after Griffin arrived and something happened between them that Moylan stopped being professional and Hook played a part in that by his own admission, it is pretty hilarious you wont accept it.

edit: Also If Ivan CLeary is so bad at working with bad attitude players and Moylan had such a bad attitude why did he well with Ivan?
The thing that happened was that Moylan, as captain, along with two others broke the drinking curfew and rightly got disciplined. The other two took the discipline in their stride, Moylan took his bat and went home. Hook admitted that perhaps he could have handled that better.. As others have said Hook isn't at Cronulla. The common factor? Moylan.

betcats

Referee
The thing that happened was that Moylan, as captain, along with two others broke the drinking curfew and rightly got disciplined. The other two took the discipline in their stride, Moylan took his bat and went home. Hook admitted that perhaps he could have handled that better.. As others have said Hook isn't at Cronulla. The common factor? Moylan.

That isn't the full story at all mate, you have summarised that in hooks favour like a DT journo, luckily I remember it all clearly. It started when hook blasted Moylan at half time v manly in 2016, and Hook didn't refer to that curfew incident specifically when he took the blame, im not sure that he mentioned that incident at all you seriously are remembering a very biased version of events.

Also Hook has fallen out with players before. Sowie and Seggy both celebrated his sacking they disliked him that much. There was a couple from the broncos also, their long time lock who retired last year definitely didn't get on with him and JArrod Wallace left because of him. Cameron Ciraldo tried to quit twice because of him too. Ive got no doubt Moylan was a little prick by 2017, but th re writing of history to make him out as the cause of all the issues is ridiculous and disputed by Hook himself.

Last edited:

The yak

Juniors
Also Hook has fallen out with players before. Sowie and Seggy both celebrated his sacking they disliked him that much. There was a couple from the broncos also, their long time lock who retired last year definitely didn't get on with him and JArrod Wallace left because of him. Ive got no doubt Moylan was a little prick by 2017, but th re writing of history to make him out as the cause of all the issues is ridiculous and disputed by Hook himself.

You are wrong on Jarrod Wallace.
Hook was replaced by Bennett late 2014. Wallace signed with the Titans mid 2016.

betcats

Referee
You are wrong on Jarrod Wallace.
Hook was replaced by Bennett late 2014. Wallace signed with the Titans mid 2016.

Fair enough, but there was something between those two also reported though.

EDIT: Hannat left because of him, Wallace just said he was extremely unhappy that year under Griffin.

Last edited:

martielang

Bench
I love this argument that comes up every 2 months, especially when @betcats says 'luckily I remember it all clearly..' then proceeds to name the wrong player lol

But seriously, imagine getting a blast from a coach at half-time? Who woulda thought...

betcats

Referee
I love this argument that comes up every 2 months, especially when @betcats says 'luckily I remember it all clearly..' then proceeds to name the wrong player lol

But seriously, imagine getting a blast from a coach at half-time? Who woulda thought...

I remember what happened at Penrith very clearly I was referring to that not his stint at Brisbane. I like this argument also, some idiot will try to make everything Moylans fault and then I post the interview of Hook taking the blame and it goes away until the next idiot comes along.

Last edited:

Coastal

Juniors
I remember what happened at Penrith very clearly I was referring to that not his stint at Brisbane. I like this argument also, some idiot will try to make everything Moylans fault and then I post the interview of Hook taking the blame and it goes away until the next idiot comes along.
Haha, you brought Brisbane into the argument, then you back track and say it wasn't about Brisbane?..are you sure?

betcats

Referee
Haha, you brought Brisbane into the argument, then you back track and say it wasn't about Brisbane?..are you sure?

I thought it was obvious I was referring to the Moylan situation when I said I remember it cleary. I forget you have to spell things out clearly here for the slower members, why would I remember his Brisbane time clearly I don’t follow them.

OldPanther

Coach
The whataboutism against @betcats is kind of funny. Being wrong about the Brisbane thing doesn't mean he was wrong about the Penrith thing. Keeping on that point is just a distraction from the original point because it's some nice low hanging fruit.

BxTom

Bench
The whataboutism against @betcats is kind of funny. Being wrong about the Brisbane thing doesn't mean he was wrong about the Penrith thing. Keeping on that point is just a distraction from the original point because it's some nice low hanging fruit.
It was betcats that raised the false argument to support his assertions, not somebody else. So it's the fact that he cannot accurately support his own argument that people pointed out and that is relevant. If he can't stand by his argument, that's a pointer that he doesn't know the facts as much as he argues.

OldPanther

Coach
It was betcats that raised the false argument to support his assertions, not somebody else. So it's the fact that he cannot accurately support his own argument that people pointed out and that is relevant. If he can't stand by his argument, that's a pointer that he doesn't know the facts as much as he argues.

Jarrod Wallace nearly quit football because of Anthony Griffin:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/27/how-bennett-helped-jarrod-wallace-love-football-again/

In the last seven games that he played in 2014 between round 12 and the qualifying final, Wallace didn't play more than 19 minutes in any game and began to seriously doubt whether he had a future in the NRL.
"I was almost ready to quit football there for a bit, I was that unhappy with the way things were happening," Wallace revealed.

"I was down on myself and Wayne came in and built me back up as a player and helped me believe in myself again. He helped me to love football again.

"I was being told that I would get so many minutes and there were games where I was playing only two or three minutes in the back-end.

"It wasn't good. It breaks a person's confidence when that's happening because I started worrying that I wasn't doing the right thing, that I wasn't fit enough. I started doubting everything including my ability to play NRL.

"Wayne came in and we had a good pre-season. He said that he believed in me and that he would give me one game to show him that I could do it."

Kilkenny

Coach
I think when the dust settles on his career Matt Moylan may look back on reflection and be disappointed he didn’t achieve more with his undoubted talent. Shame because he was capable of some real special moments of brilliance but just not enough often enough. I think for the most part he only has himself to blame for not reaching the level he could have.

OldPanther

Coach
I think when the dust settles on his career Matt Moylan may look back on reflection and be disappointed he didn’t achieve more with his undoubted talent. Shame because he was capable of some real special moments of brilliance but just not enough often enough. I think for the most part he only has himself to blame for not reaching the level he could have.

Do we same the same for Sam Mckendry who had recurring injuries? He had himself to blame.

Bob

Juniors
Do we same the same for Sam Mckendry who had recurring injuries? He had himself to blame.
Nope, Sam played with heart all the time, he had 3 major knee injuries, Moylans greatest problem is to lazy or hungover to rehab properly, he has wasted his talent

Status
Not open for further replies.