What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Legion

Juniors
This is kinda how I’ve always viewed the bible, as like a “My first governmental control” handbook.
Toe the line, do everything as I say without question, don’t think outside the box “early Adam and Eve” type scenario and everything’s gravy.
Listen to outsiders, take in different ideas, think for yourself “serpent in the garden” scenario and I will f**ken f**k up and destroy your miserable existence beyond your simple comprehension in this life and the next.
Kinda just how I view it, all the extra crap is just a mish mash of at the time different cultural or political, whoever happened to have a bit of power or I’m off my face on opium views.
It still all comes down to toe the line or I’m gonna punish your dumbass for stepping out my comfort zone.
Not really particularly surprising to see that a progressive group of people that wanted a society to try and work towards some sort of common goal in early times would have come up with this sort of shit, humans of the time willingness to believe in a god or gods without really much evidence and a group of people or even a single person with enough foresight to exploit that weaknesses, well it’s probably more something that’s inevitable really, different person or group and the story may have been somewhat different but the same fundamentals would have applied, do as I say or else
Not that I wish to sidetrack the thread but your comment has triggered my need to explain the Adam & Eve fairy tale .......

We were created perfect in a world of pure bliss [Garden of Eden] but we are born totally ignorant.
Eating from the Tree of Knowledge is relating to when we choose to embark on the path of physical incarnation.
The Serpent is simply our Ego that urges us to take that big step from ignorant bliss into the physical world of duality, pain & suffering, with the purpose to work our way back to that state of pure bliss Enlightened, free from all ignorance. [Why? Because the Divine experiences all things through us & life itself]

There are truths in the Bible but man has twisted it to gain control of the then ignorant, superstitious masses. Ironically their Doctrine of Fear still works on many today. It's worked rather well for them. The RCC is one of the wealthiest organisations on the planet.

The early church was run by immoral grubs like Emperor Justinian, who changed the Bible & doctrine as they saw fit.
Most Christians aren't aware that reincarnation was a basic tenet of Christian doctrine until Justinian declared it anathema for example. [And most refuse to believe it when told, despite the irrefutable proof]

For many hundreds of years the position of Pope went to the highest bidder. Many of them were so immoral that the church itself refers to them as the Anti-Popes.

One charmer, Pope Leo X chortled, probably after too much wine, "How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us." As it was witnessed and recorded by one of their own highly regarded historians, the RCC doesn't try to deny the quote but rather, it pretends that Leo meant other than what he said.
Typical. I've learnt not to expect much better from the church hierarchy.

Pommy

Coach
Errr in regards to Folau...

I would like to see him come back. A 30 year old big fullback who is strong and has some pace to him. I would want the NRL to make him available only to teams that are struggling though such as Bulldogs, Dragons or the Titans. Don't need Roosters, Storm, Broncos etc trying to get him.

I think he'd be a good fit at the Titans who could use a star player especially one that plays in the spine.

I’m pretty confident no well run team would want him anywhere near anyway. He’s just one Sunday away from a side losing their sponsors.

Legion

Juniors
Errr in regards to Folau...

I would like to see him come back. A 30 year old big fullback who is strong and has some pace to him. I would want the NRL to make him available only to teams that are struggling though such as Bulldogs, Dragons or the Titans. Don't need Roosters, Storm, Broncos etc trying to get him.

I think he'd be a good fit at the Titans who could use a star player especially one that plays in the spine.
How would they organise that without a draft system?
The Roosters, Storm & Broncos couldn't afford him atm.

At 30yo he hasn't got many years left so I'd imagine that he would go to the highest bidder.
If Latrell Mitchell expects a million a year then Izzy would expect the same one would imagine.

What clubs have enough room in their salary cap to afford him for next year?

MKCS

Juniors
How would they organise that without a draft system?
The Roosters, Storm & Broncos couldn't afford him atm.

At 30yo he hasn't got many years left so I'd imagine that he would go to the highest bidder.
If Latrell Mitchell expects a million a year then Izzy would expect the same one would imagine.

What clubs have enough room in their salary cap to afford him for next year?

I think the NRL would need to step in and say Folau can come back but it's to benefit a struggling NRL side and Folau plus management would need to agree to those terms. Offer incentives to Folau to play at these teams rather than signing with a strong team.

As for money naturally it's all assumption because I don't have access to who has what available to them but I think the following teams could make offers and they'd fit the criteria:

Bulldogs - Would probably play centre here. We know they have close to 2 million dollars (Or did) because they tried to sign the Trbojevic brothers. Nice young team for him to be the experienced veteran of.

Dragons - I read an article that apparently they have a "war chest" to the tune of 2 million that they're looking to spend for the 2021 season. Could have been media silliness but if it's true he'd make a fine addition at fullback for the club and would have a young backline for him to try and help grow.

Tigers - They are/were in the Latrell talks meaning they have some money. Not sure where he'd play for them as I really rate Thompson but he'd be massive for them and the first true star player they've signed in many many years.

Titans - They were allegedly in the Latrell talks meaning they have at least a million dollars of cap room spare. He'd be a first choice fullback for them and their first star signing that pays dividends (At least they'd hope). Similar to the Bulldogs and Dragons he'd be an experienced player in a backline featuring tons of inexperience.

Not fitting my criteria but I reckon Souths would have the money for him also. Wouldn't be a bad replacement at left centre for GI either.

billygilmore

Juniors
Not that I wish to sidetrack the thread but your comment has triggered my need to explain the Adam & Eve fairy tale .......

We were created perfect in a world of pure bliss [Garden of Eden] but we are born totally ignorant.
Eating from the Tree of Knowledge is relating to when we choose to embark on the path of physical incarnation.
The Serpent is simply our Ego that urges us to take that big step from ignorant bliss into the physical world of duality, pain & suffering, with the purpose to work our way back to that state of pure bliss Enlightened, free from all ignorance. [Why? Because the Divine experiences all things through us & life itself]

There are truths in the Bible but man has twisted it to gain control of the then ignorant, superstitious masses. Ironically their Doctrine of Fear still works on many today. It's worked rather well for them. The RCC is one of the wealthiest organisations on the planet.

The early church was run by immoral grubs like Emperor Justinian, who changed the Bible & doctrine as they saw fit.
Most Christians aren't aware that reincarnation was a basic tenet of Christian doctrine until Justinian declared it anathema for example. [And most refuse to believe it when told, despite the irrefutable proof]

For many hundreds of years the position of Pope went to the highest bidder. Many of them were so immoral that the church itself refers to them as the Anti-Popes.

One charmer, Pope Leo X chortled, probably after too much wine, "How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us." As it was witnessed and recorded by one of their own highly regarded historians, the RCC doesn't try to deny the quote but rather, it pretends that Leo meant other than what he said.
Typical. I've learnt not to expect much better from the church hierarchy.

So what method did you use to arrive at the conclusion the Adam and Eve story wasn’t changed by man ?

Legion

Juniors
So what method did you use to arrive at the conclusion the Adam and Eve story wasn’t changed by man ?
Sorry but I'm not sure why you think I meant any different.

A man came up with the Adam & Eve analogy at some point in time & other men changed it's meaning to fit their doctrine.

billygilmore

Juniors

A man came up with the Adam & Eve analogy at some point in time & other men changed it's meaning to fit their doctrine.

All good sorry mate but in your triggered need to explain the Adam and Eve fairy tale how did you determine that your explanation is any less man made than the next?

Legion

Juniors
All good sorry mate but in your triggered need to explain the Adam and Eve fairy tale how did you determine that your explanation is any less man made than the next?
Lol. Not so much triggered as in it triggered my need to share the explanation : )

My explanation did come from a man at some point. The difference is that the Biblical version made little sense to me. It sounds like nonsense.
When I first heard the above version it did make a lot of sense from my perspective because it fitted with what I knew. It still does.

TheFrog

Coach

Even expert theologians will tell you that most likely Adam and Eve are metaphorical.

Wizardman

First Grade
Ten years ago, Folau, Hayne and DeBelin would still be playing rugby league. Rugby League is big business now....players who make horrid life decisions can no longer stay and get a slap on the wrist. These days, I doubt any NRL club would recruit Folau now.....way too costly in regards to keeping sponsors onside. The NRL made a great call to ban him just in case a NRL club were hit with a dose of stupidity and decided to sign him.

Meth

Staff member
Ten years ago, Folau, Hayne and DeBelin would still be playing rugby league. Rugby League is big business now....players who make horrid life decisions can no longer stay and get a slap on the wrist.

lol

Matthew Lodge is still running out, isn't he?

The NRL's selective conscience is equal parts laughable and bemusing.

Meth

Staff member
I don't see why Folau shouldn't be allowed to play, should a club want him.

I also don't see why a club would want him on account of his age, time out of the game and social views.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Israel Folau says he has teammates who will support him in his $14 million fight against Rugby Australia (RA) but one former colleague has given him a reality check.

David Pocock has called out Folau previously for his anti-gay comments and also believes the ex-fullback is off the mark by suggesting he was in line to captain the Wallabies.

Earlier this week Folau increased his compensation demands from $10 million to $14 million as he continues his legal fight against RA for what he believes was wrongful termination after being sacked for saying on Instagram “hell awaits” gay people.

In an updated statement of claim lodged with the Federal Circuit Court this week, Folau is partly justifying his demand for more money by saying he will now miss out on extra earnings that come with being skipper of the national side.

LINK

What a parasite.

Never thought I would be in Kickby's corner.

f**k this terrible human.

Charlie124

First Grade
I don't see why Folau shouldn't be allowed to play, should a club want him.

I also don't see why a club would want him on account of his age, time out of the game and social views.

Agreed.

I sure as shit wouldn't want him at my club for a whole host of reasons but I couldn't care less if another club decided they want to take a chance on him. There's far bigger scum bags currently running around in the NRL right now. Hell, the Broncos are rumoured to be offering the biggest dead shit of them all the captaincy of their club.

Imagine if Lodge had called someone a f*ggot or shared a pic on Facebook with a bad word on it though? :scream::scream:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FFS who calls thier kid Israel?

Probably hates jews too.

On reflection, kid never had a chance to have empathy.

Hate was taught to him.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
Inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
Anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
And you will know
My name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee

His "God".

Wizardman

First Grade
Agreed.

I sure as shit wouldn't want him at my club for a whole host of reasons but I couldn't care less if another club decided they want to take a chance on him. There's far bigger scum bags currently running around in the NRL right now. Hell, the Broncos are rumoured to be offering the biggest dead shit of them all the captaincy of their club.

Imagine if Lodge had called someone a f*ggot or shared a pic on Facebook with a bad word on it though? :scream::scream:

The same reasons why you would not want him are why the NRL doesn't want him. I agree that there are some bigger scumbags playing the game. But there is a big difference between them and Folau.

Folau continues to deliver discriminatory comments without apology. With a guy that has a profile like Folau, that is corporate poison for not only the poor club he would play for but for the reputation of the brand of the game in general.

Imagine if a club like Wests Tigers signed him before those stupid bushfire comments. If they kept him, they would face public backlash and sponsors pulling out of the club. On the other hand, if they fire him, he would sue the club and the NRL itself for discrimination.

You are comparing apples and oranges when comparing a guy like Lodge to Folau. Keeping Folau out is to protect the game from the potential bullshit he could bring with him.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
There are places where being gay is a crime.

Israel the one who hates would make this so, if he could.

Matt Lodge may be a thug, but this is nothing compared to the hatred Israel promotes.

Many people end up dead due to this bigotry.

He wants his own team mates going to hell.

Disgusting human.