What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Meth

Staff member
There are places where being gay is a crime.

Israel the one who hates would make this so, if he could.

Matt Lodge may be a thug, but this is nothing compared to the hatred Israel promotes.

Many people end up dead due to this bigotry.

He wants his own team mates going to hell.

Disgusting human.

I will go out on a limb and say that there would be 100 blokes taking the field in the NRL every week who believe in hell AND view homosexuality to be sinful. Do you want to flush them out of the game too?

I get what you're saying and I get that beliefs and ideas are pernicious and not without effect- but there just is no way that what Israel did (with or without regret) is worse than what Lodge did or what any other number of NRL players have done without being blacklisted from the game.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I will go out on a limb and say that there would be 100 blokes taking the field in the NRL every week who believe in hell AND view homosexuality to be sinful. Do you want to flush them out of the game too?
Yes, but kept it to youself and do not hurt others do not promote hate.

People obsessed with junk. The weakest of all humans.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I myself sadly is attracted to the female form, it is a curse almost.

Some prefer the male form never sure why that is a problem.

Like who cares. Really.

Legion

Juniors
Even expert theologians will tell you that most likely Adam and Eve are metaphorical.
Yes. There are Jewish scholars who say that OT stories are allegorical/metaphorical.
Anyone who takes stories like a man living in a whales belly for 3 days & 3 nights will believe anything.

The same applies to the so-called miracles of the NT. [If they were true it would have caused a huge stir. Yet not a single contemporary historian bothered to mention Rabbi Jesus & as we all know, the Jews didn't consider him anything more than a nuisance]

Legion

Juniors
FFS who calls thier kid Israel?

Probably hates jews too.

On reflection, kid never had a chance to have empathy.

Hate was taught to him.
No. Evangelical Christians support the Jews because 1. Jesus was a Jew. 2. They believe that something must occur in Israel [I forget exactly what] before their angry psychopathic God can reign terror down upon us, re; Armageddon.

It is mainly due to these beliefs that the U.S. gives huge amounts of aid to Israel.

taipan

Referee
No. Evangelical Christians support the Jews because 1. Jesus was a Jew. 2. They believe that something must occur in Israel [I forget exactly what] before their angry psychopathic God can reign terror down upon us, re; Armageddon.

It is mainly due to these beliefs that the U.S. gives huge amounts of aid to Israel.

I think it's more to do with the strategic importance of Israel in the M/E ,and the extreme ME countries surrounding them and wanting them to p*ss off.Two major wars fought there, and Iran wants them removed full stop.And perhaps the Jewish lobby also in the states, which is very powerful.
Just like the Yanks pour money into South Korea to act as a buffer against that Nth Korean loon.

taipan

Referee
Yes. There are Jewish scholars who say that OT stories are allegorical/metaphorical.
Anyone who takes stories like a man living in a whales belly for 3 days & 3 nights will believe anything.

The same applies to the so-called miracles of the NT. [If they were true it would have caused a huge stir. Yet not a single contemporary historian bothered to mention Rabbi Jesus & as we all know, the Jews didn't consider him anything more than a nuisance]

For a nuisance he must have upset them, a whack they lobbied to get him done over and succeeded.

Back to subject Folau brings all the dramas on himself, some people should steer clear of social media and not judge others .Judge people who commit crimes, like that idiot in London.

Last edited:

Legion

Juniors
For a nuisance he must have upset them, a whack they lobbied to get him done over.
Back in those days the Jews would have a person stoned to death for much less.
They loved a good stoning, a public spectacle that was a fun family day out.

taipan

Referee
Back in those days the Jews would have a person stoned to death for much less.
They loved a good stoning, a public spectacle that was a fun family day out.

Agree .but as you stated if he was apparently just a nuisance ,why the need to go the full hog.Other crimos in those days got far less.Also the country was under the control of the 'civilised" Romans who in the end relented to the crowd.He must have been considered a threat.

Legion

Juniors
I think it's more to do with the strategic importance of Israel in the M/E ,and the extreme ME countries surrounding them and wanting them to p*ss off.Two major wars fought there, and Iran wants them removed full stop.And perhaps the Jewish lobby also in the states, which is very powerful.
Just like the Yanks pour money into South Korea to act as a buffer against that Nth Korean loon.
Yes there's that too but the Yanks could just as easily land their planes at a few other ME countries or their aircraft carriers. It's more of a convenience.

It's often said that no politician has the chance to become the U.S. President without the support of Evangelicals.
Moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem was a very smart move by Trump for that very reason.
Only traitorous commie moslime supporting anti-Trump Leftards were against the move. He lost nothing while consolidating the Evangelical vote.

Legion

Juniors
Agree .but as you stated if he was apparently just a nuisance ,why the need to go the full hog.Other crimos in those days got far less.Also the country was under the control of the 'civilised" Romans who in the end relented to the crowd.He must have been considered a threat.
The Romans crucified those who committed crimes against the State.
They pretty much left religious crimes up to the Jews to sort out.

So if anyone was crucified by the Romans for a religious crime it would have been huge news. Yet not a single contemporary historian bothered to mention this extraordinary event & there was not a single witness outside of the Biblical account.
Strange that.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Yes there's that too but the Yanks could just as easily land their planes at a few other ME countries or their aircraft carriers. It's more of a convenience.

It's often said that no politician has the chance to become the U.S. President without the support of Evangelicals.
Moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem was a very smart move by Trump for that very reason.
Only traitorous commie moslime supporting anti-Trump Leftards were against the move. He lost nothing while consolidating the Evangelical vote.

Point one.They already have that situation with bases in Saudi Arabia and the smaller Emirates .As a bulwark to Iran and the preservation of the world's oil supplies.
Israel(Jews) lost 6m in WW2 ,quite a few escaped to the US prior to the War's outbreak.They form a strong lobby not only with the Congress and Senate,but the business world and the film industry.All powerful in the lobbying field..
You don't provide a country with F35 stealth fighters ,unless they are a strong ally and a strategic necessity.Israel is not part of Nato, whereas Turkey is.

Point 2 Agree.The Evangelicals of which there are many, have a hell of an influence in the US ,but had little impact with Obama's election.

Point 3.Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem was in my view, too controversial.It upset U.S's Arab allies.eg Turkey (part of Nato).It was indeed a brave move by Trump.

He'll need more than the Evangelical vote next time, if he gets impeached.Although looking at some of the Democrat candidates ,you wouldn't vote for a few of them ,if they paid you.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
The Romans crucified those who committed crimes against the State.
They pretty much left religious crimes up to the Jews to sort out.

So if anyone was crucified by the Romans for a religious crime it would have been huge news. Yet not a single contemporary historian bothered to mention this extraordinary event & there was not a single witness outside of the Biblical account.
Strange that.

Correct.It wasn't a crime against the State, the Jews did not have the power to kill, only lobby.The Governor ran the show, and was the ultimate authority as designated by Rome.He was in a position to tell them to get knotted.

Why? Life in those times was threadbare, cheap.A death for person who made claims was hardly ground breaking news around the known world, religious or otherwise.

FWIW
Tacitus )Publius Cornelius Tacitus last major work Titled Annals written 116-117 includes a bio of Nero .In 64 Nero tried to blame Christians for a ordering a fire in Rome.Tacitus mentions "Christus" who was executed by Pontius Pilate .This Christ was executed in the reign of Tiberius by the procurator Pontius Pilate.
Josephus a Jewish priest who grew up in 1st century Palestine.Then moved to Rome captured by the Roma commander Vespasian ,who later freed him (Vespasian became emperor)Mentioned JC brother James in his Book Jewish Antiquities.
Lucian of Samosota 115-200 a Greek satirist who wrote the Passing of the Peregrinus about a former Christian refers to JC albeit with contempt in the midst of the satire.

Celsius the Platonist philosopher considered JC to be a magician who made exorbitant claims.
Pliny the Younger ,a Roman governor and friend of Tacitus wrote about early Christian worships to a god.

Professor Graeme Clark of ANU was asked whether he agreed with Dawkins and Onfray about the non existence ,he replied"Frankly I know of no ancient historian/biblical historian who would have a twinge of a doubt about JC's existence-the documentary evidence is simply overwhelming."

Mate this is getting away from whether Folau is wanted.My view is no, he made his divisive bed ,and teh NRL wants inclusion that everyone is welcome.

images
The war is over Izzy settles

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...au-and-israel-folau-settle-legal-dispute/amp/

Former Australia fullback Israel Folau has settled his unfair dismissal case with Rugby Australia and the NSW Waratahs, Folau and Rugby Australia said in a joint statement on Wednesday.

"Rugby Australia, NSW Rugby and Israel Folau have today settled their legal dispute following the dismissal of Israel Folau after he posted a religious message on social media," they said in the statement.

Folau launched legal action against Rugby Australia and the Waratahs when his four-year contract was terminated in May after he posted a meme on social media that said hell awaited "homosexuals" and other groups.
https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/israel-folau-settles-with-rugby-australia-20191204-p53gt3