What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test D/N: Australia v Pakistan at Adelaide, Nov 29 - Dec 3 2019

JJ

Immortal
Only thing I'll say is Simpson is before Warney and Vaughan's era so they might not consider players they didn't play with or against.

Have the discussion with Chaps and Boycott and you will get a different response.
Vaughan corrects said he’d consider Warner in Australia... he was sensible, Warner geniused and bitter as usual

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If you’re talking about Warner, the issue is really his away form. He’s one of the best ever batsmen in Australian conditions, but he’s a poor away batsmen. Of the 51 batsmen with more than 1000 runs away from home this decade, he’s 41st in away average.

I think it's fine to hold warners away average against him. I just mean modern players in general. England in particular is a nightmare to bat in. A ton of bowlers have strike rates below 50 too

Bazal

Post Whore
People whinging around the place about Warner not being given a shot at Lara’s record.

Let me tell you if that little merkin got it I'd give up cricket for the rest of my life and any others that might be coming my way

Only thing I'll say is Simpson is before Warney and Vaughan's era so they might not consider players they didn't play with or against.

Have the discussion with Chaps and Boycott and you will get a different response.

I take your point, but Slater isn’t even better than Justin Langer. I’d also say Simon Katich was a better opener.

Katich actually had a shit hot record as opener, it’s kind of forgotten.

typicalfan

Coach
I take your point, but Slater isn’t even better than Justin Langer. I’d also say Simon Katich was a better opener.

Katich actually had a shit hot record as opener, it’s kind of forgotten.
I'd probably have Slats over Kat but Langer is another option because he had a good partnership with Hayden who would be first picked opener if you are talking last 30-35 years.

Warner I would have in a 2nd XI if they were playing in Australia.

pfffttt.... 1 sided games are so boring! its like watching the cheating storm scum win all the time. bring on some competition, nz perhaps?