What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
In our top 30 we only currently have 3 second rowers, Lowe, Su’a and Sironen, Johns is on a development contract.

It’s sure concerning, I kinda wish we went harder for a guy like Matterson.

250excf

Juniors
Does anyone think LM will really go to the Titans after being a two time premiership winner and Nsw and Australian rep or is it just media hype
Would love him in our backline to be honest

Travitoh

First Grade
Ky Rodwell is a prop I believe.

Cheers. I was hoping he could play edge.

In our top 30 we only currently have 3 second rowers, Lowe, Su’a and Sironen, Johns is on a development contract.

It’s sure concerning, I kinda wish we went harder for a guy like Matterson.

Seeing Luc Leilua move to Wests feels a bit like a missed opportunity for Souths.

Could Tom Amone perhaps play an edge from the bench at least? I thought he looked reasonably quick what i saw of him and his nuggetty frame could suit imo.

Travitoh

First Grade
Does anyone think LM will really go to the Titans after being a two time premiership winner and Nsw and Australian rep or is it just media hype
Would love him in our backline to be honest

If they pay him what he wants he will.

250excf

Juniors
I know it’s off subject but huge respect to the boy from Matravillle young Dave Warner on an unbeaten 300 plus what a legend :grinning:

handyman2190

Bench
As i said before i think we are in deep pooo, unless bennets organised a couple of cheaper pom props we will have props playing second row and second rowers playing prop,its not looking good tbh

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Cheers. I was hoping he could play edge.

Seeing Luc Leilua move to Wests feels a bit like a missed opportunity for Souths.

Could Tom Amone perhaps play an edge from the bench at least? I thought he looked reasonably quick what i saw of him and his nuggetty frame could suit imo.
Agreed on Amone. Seemed fleet footed for a big unit

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don’t know if Amone has played second row before, I know when he was playing for Manly’ feeder club he played lock.

You’d have to say Knight and Murray could have to move to the second row if we get desperate and don’t make a reasonable second rower signing before the season begins, as we know Knight has played second row in U20’s I’m pretty sure as did Murray at times too coming through.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
It's open isn't it? I mean if the club has the money they can spend what they want on support staff.
No - Coaching Staff and money spent on training is now under a separate cap
By Roy Masters
June 30, 2018 — 4.01pm
“ Wayne Bennett turns 70 on January 1, 2020, an ironic date because it signals the commencement of the NRL’s cap on the spending of club football departments.

All NRL clubs will be forced to limit spending on football to $5.93 million from 2020, or pay a tax of 37.5 per cent on the overspend. Most clubs anticipate the NRL will raise the tax to 100 per cent of the breach of the cap, equal to what it imposes on clubs exceeding the player salary ceiling of $9.5 million.

southsport

First Grade
I mean it is sad that a lot of souths posters are no longer here because of people who hijack the forum as their own playground to bully others.

I come here for Rabbitohs news. I don't get a lot of that up here in regional Qld (God's country).

It'd be great if mods could just post the other crap in the Fight Thread. So we don't have to witness meltdowns and personal attacks about whether or not Addo-Carr was a Souths junior Ffs.
Then the latest rumours are that Arrow is signed for 2021 (working on a release for 2020), Fifita is still a work in progress, Mitchell and Ado Carr are tigers bound.

handyman2190

Bench
Then the latest rumours are that Arrow is signed for 2021 (working on a release for 2020), Fifita is still a work in progress, Mitchell and Ado Carr are tigers bound.
Well we know ado carr is staying but very funny nothing has been said about his second year,id say hes been told stay for 20 well release you for 21.
If mitchel was going to go to tigers he would have gone

Rabbit57

Juniors
I don’t know if Amone has played second row before, I know when he was playing for Manly’ feeder club he played lock.

You’d have to say Knight and Murray could have to move to the second row if we get desperate and don’t make a reasonable second rower signing before the season begins, as we know Knight has played second row in U20’s I’m pretty sure as did Murray at times too coming through.
Amone is very skilful and powerful suited to a 20-25 minute burst. Front row rotation should start with Burgess, Tatola, Amone and Knight. If we need to move someone Knight is probably most mobile option and 1 out from the ruck might reduce his mistakes. When these 4 are firing we can afford to move Knight when needed and bring in whoever is developing best in the squad.
If we get Arrow or another good signing this will make us much stronger but I do think the lesser names that we have shouldn’t be written off yet.
I reckon there are some young blokes who are seeing this preseason as a real opportunity. This is a healthy position for a club to have players working hard to be fully prepared and ready for a call up. It is the type of environment that makes young hopefuls turn into really good players.

handyman2190

Bench
Amone is very skilful and powerful suited to a 20-25 minute burst. Front row rotation should start with Burgess, Tatola, Amone and Knight. If we need to move someone Knight is probably most mobile option and 1 out from the ruck might reduce his mistakes. When these 4 are firing we can afford to move Knight when needed and bring in whoever is developing best in the squad.
If we get Arrow or another good signing this will make us much stronger but I do think the lesser names that we have shouldn’t be written off yet.
I reckon there are some young blokes who are seeing this preseason as a real opportunity. This is a healthy position for a club to have players working hard to be fully prepared and ready for a call up. It is the type of environment that makes young hopefuls turn into really good players.
I like what youve written, we should live in hope that they stand and deliver, but we need a big name player, if we had lost just sutto ok but we have lost 3 first graders, sutto and 2 burgi, our defence was unacceptable, IF we can sign Arrow at least he is a defender and may stiffen our middle or edge depending were he plays.
If we dont sign him we are very light on i cant see us making the top 8