What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Merrin

Wittenberg

Juniors
f**k me.. Talk about playing the short game..

Leilua hasn’t even his his straps yet, but we’re happy to let him go to sign yesterday’s hero..[/QUOTE
Letting Leilua go is one of the poorest decisions Mary and Millard has ever made.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This is the offensive post
You clearly play the man as your last sentence says it all
Just because someone doesn’t have total recall at your request instantly according to you they are talking shit and have been caught out which infers they were lying which is insulting
You obviously don’t like him, sweat on him and purposely ask questions to invoke the type of response that you can take a rise out of which centres the thread to being about you
Self fulfilling actions on your part
Thank you for the examination Dr Freud, but I’m not exactly sure what you find so offensive about that post.

Perhaps you should read the full interaction my friend.

I asked a simple question about Leilua as he has always been talked up about being an edge forward, not a prop. On topic, no malice, no trolling.

Frank’s response was completely uncalled for and rather defensive.

41yearsaint

Juniors
Thank you for the examination Dr Freud, but I’m not exactly sure what you find so offensive about that post.

Perhaps you should read the full interaction my friend.

I asked a simple question about Leilua as he has always been talked up about being an edge forward, not a prop. On topic, no malice, no trolling.

Frank’s response was completely uncalled for and rather defensive.
You where passive aggresive Colonel.
The thread was humming along nicely.
Maybe Frank should have said (cannot and will not elaborate).
Underscore Jokesy threw it out there with no comment.

hewi

Bench
The Tele says Luc was pushed out by the Dragons and didn’t want to leave and signed at the Tigers for $1.3 million for 3 years. Merrin would want to deliver in spades IMO.

Mark D

Juniors
Why would I get behind these desperate ingrates?
Mehry/Millwart are desperately trying to save their bacons with this signing.
Experience means naught when the systems simply aren’t there.
Well go support the Swans then or something bud... let’s just hope as I’m sure we all do that they prove a lot of the dissatisfaction wrong and go well.
Why would I get behind these desperate ingrates?
Mehry/Millwart are desperately trying to save their bacons with this signing.
Experience means naught when the systems simply aren’t there.
Well if you don’t want then fine your choice... I’ve been a supporter for 40 years and not much I say is going to change the past... Can only hope and look forward to a much better season ahead. Go Saints

TruSaint

Referee
Well go support the Swans then or something bud... let’s just hope as I’m sure we all do that they prove a lot of the dissatisfaction wrong and go well.

Well if you don’t want then fine your choice... I’ve been a supporter for 40 years and not much I say is going to change the past... Can only hope and look forward to a much better season ahead. Go Saints

Each supporter reacts differently Mark.

Over 4 decades here as well, but its hard to recall ( and we have some tough times ), a period of incompetence such as the past 8 years or so. The 80's were tough yet we managed a GF, and then 7 years later played in two against the Bronc's.

If this was 2-3 poor years after the 2011 season, I would say " give the board time ". That grace period has passed.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You where passive aggresive Colonel.
The thread was humming along nicely.
Maybe Frank should have said (cannot and will not elaborate).
Underscore Jokesy threw it out there with no comment.
I’m not exactly sure what it is you are saying...

boardlumps62

Juniors
The Tele says Luc was pushed out by the Dragons and didn’t want to leave and signed at the Tigers for $1.3 million for 3 years. Merrin would want to deliver in spades IMO.
I don't know what goes on behind the scenes but must be something or someone upsetting Lucky. How bloody sad not very tolerant the Dragons maybe he was just starting to grow into his big body and we piss him off.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yeah how much were they paying Leilua, and what are they paying Merrin?
I am not 100% sure, but I think Leilua was on around 300K to 330K. When we last resigned him there was competition for his signature from Canterbury and possibly other clubs. I have no idea what we will be paying Merrin.

Mark D

Juniors

Over 4 decades here as well, but its hard to recall ( and we have some tough times ), a period of incompetence such as the past 8 years or so. The 80's were tough yet we managed a GF, and then 7 years later played in two against the

Over 4 decades here as well, but its hard to recall ( and we have some tough times ), a period of incompetence such as the past 8 years or so. The 80's were tough yet we managed a GF, and then 7 years later played in two against the Bronc's.

If this was 2-3 poor years after the 2011 season, I would say " give the board time ". That grace period has passed.
sure I hear ya.... still got to get behind the boys seasons around the corner

jak

Bench
and in the herald Luciano indicated he wouldn't be renewing his contract with the Dragons beyond the 2020. take your pick.

kit66

Bench
Merrin was playing well enough for Leeds to be named as their Captain, not a bad effort in his first year there. I don't mind this signing at all, he has plenty of experience and some good ball skills which we'll need with all the young props coming through. 30 isn't old for a prop, a two year signing is a good idea though.

I'm very disappointed to lose Luciano, he's such a skillful and dangerous player but I guess he was wasted on our sh*tty coach. I hope another coach can help him reach his full potential, I've no doubt he'll be much sort after next time he's off contract.

Latest posts