What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

We are offering stef $266k a season and you are making him suffer on $70k.

That’s just bastardisation.

Are you blokes the North Korea of the nrl?!

Stef is not the footy equivalent of Julian Assange.

T.S Quint

Coach
The 2001 side exploited a loophole in the ruck rules which was closed soon after. That's why instead of becoming a dynasty they only played one finals match over the next three years.

They weren't a great side. They were barely a good side. Broke records (in a year where even the worst sides scored a lot of points) on the back of brilliant coaching, not supreme playing talent

The 2005 side was better.
As was 2007.

Happy MEel

First Grade

I have no doubt the big dopey merkin had a choice to be upgraded beyond that $70k for next year and extend with us. He chose to play for f**k all next year and sign with your lot from 2021.

Take it up with his management.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I find it a little bit curious as to why M Moses was out in the media the other day almost begging the club to re-sign Brown asap. It's clear Moses loves having him as his halves partner, but you have to wonder what whispers he may have heard about ongoing negotiations.

Maybe a few of the players aren’t happy how our HOF does things??? Never rated the appointment whatsoever.

Listening to the interview, he wasn’t exactly begging. He was just asked about Drown.

And he actually says it looks like nothing is coming from Drown just from the media.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.t...brown-could-potentially-leave-the-eels-152340

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member

Perhaps given we spend a shit ton of money in developing our junior ranks, our club has finally worked out that allowing juniors to move on at their whim and regardless of the contract they were keen enough to sign but a year or two ago isn't setting a good example moving forward.

Maybe we've decided that signalling to other clubs that they are welcome to raid our contracted junior ranks just as they are beginning to show a potential return for the time and money we've spent developing them, by just bending over hasn't been working all that well for us.

What's most interesting is all you Tigpie fans bagging the arse outta Matterson for not wanting to see out his contract, yet it's Stef here that's the victim for wanting to do the exact same thing, because er derp reasons...

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Releasing players before their contract runs out is your thing.

Just because your club is run by a weak Sped doesn’t mean we have to return the favour.

lingard

Coach
I reckon a top 17 of

1. Gutho
2. Fergo
3. Blake
4. Jennings
5. Sivo
6. Brown
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Mahoney
10. RCG
11. Matto
12. Lane
13. Brown

14. Salmon/Taka
15. Evans
16. Alvaro
17. Niukore

at least matches, if not betters, a side consisting of:

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Luke Burt
3. Jamie Lyon
4. David Vaeliki
5. Jason Moodie
6. Michael Buettner
7. Jason Taylor
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Brad Drew
10. Michael Vella
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ian Hindmarsh
13. Daniel Wagon

14. PJ Marsh
15. Andrew Ryan
16. David Solomona
17. Alex Chan

The 01 bench is stronger but I think our current starting 13 is better.

The ones I'd want from that side would be Hindmarsh, Cayless and Lyon. Luke Burt was a totally under-rated player, who would not be much value on the wing in today's game (he came along just at the tail end of small, fast wingers) but would be pretty good at fullback in today's Parra team, I reckon.

Whatever Sam visuals turn up, Sam needs to claim it wasn’t his hand in the photo, he doesn’t party and he certainly doesn’t sweat.

The non-release of stef is likely to cause disruption and distraction in the squad as other players will sorry for him. They can’t buy into human rights abuses.

We all know where the boys have a few quiet orange juices and lentil soups after a home match and I’m going to make my way down there and pass him secret messages from the tiger faithful.

That will save him scrawling out secret messages in the home team locker room for Madge.

“ get me the f out of here”

Its a bastard act on a youngster who needs to make his way in the world. Your dictatorial self loathing Stalinist management should be ashamed of themselves.

Only the hardest heart would deny stef his god-given right to play for the west tigers.

Glenneel

Bench
Someone has to ask the question Delboy, do you have personal gripe with Mark O'Neill or is it just that you enjoy taking every opportunity to have a go at him? Or maybe you just don't like the HoF role?

No concern from within the club that we are going to miss out on re-signing Dylan, in fact comment was recently made to me from senior staff member that we shouldn't worry about Dylan as he "is not going anywhere".
That is a big worry. That sort of complacent attitude is probably the reason why so many juniors have left and leaving Drown unsigned past 1 Nov is madness. Same with Mahoney and Kaufusi.

Has MJ signed up yet? If not why not make a play at Lattrell Mitchell? Offer $600k and a chance to be fullback, if he can keep up with Gutho. That'll be a no contest. Worth a try as run out of options.