What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

snout

First Grade
A couple goes to see a marriage counselor.
They say their marriage is on the rocks because they never speak to each other.
The counselor tries to get them to talk, but they just sit there with their arms folded and their mouths.
He tries everything but nothing he can do can get them to talk to each other.
Finally, he pulls out an electric bass and starts playing a solo. Instantly, the couple turns to each other and starts conversing for the first time in months.
How on earth did you know that would work? they ask.
Simple, he says, Everyone always talks during the bass solo.

Sorry Tom.

bluefox68

Staff member

carcharias

Immortal
Last night I’m sitting there watching my son play guitar in his end of year concert.
4 th class level.
Tough gig.

My wife gets a txt saying one of our old friends has died.

so
RIP
Chippa
One time Bass player for a local band back in the 90’s.
The Green Room.
They did originals about the tactical response group and the common shopping trolley.
They also did a cracking cover of aloha Steve and dano from Radio Birdman.
Real nice fella , always up for a chat and a laugh.
He was definitely one of a kind.
Good dude.

Quigs

Immortal
Bloody shame about Greedy. Crikey it wasn't that long ago they even played in The Parks only pubs Beer Garden. It was a great show too. Everyone had a ball.

I was only tidying up my digital music the other day and put together a playlist of Mentals along with others. Fharrkkkk how many times in the last weeks have I used the line "Date with a Gal called Destiny.

I concur with Feej here. Too many "our" vintage are falling of the perch. Luckily I am checking my pulse every morning just to see if I still have one.

Hey Carch - sorry to hear about your old mate.

snout

First Grade
f**k.

Had the best of the mentals playing sunday driving back from the coast.

Was saying to the missus how l love that country twang of martin plazas voice. And thats whats missing for me big time when you see them live now.
Poor old greedys been the only original for years after plazas been battling one bout of cancer after another.

Youre at a party and the mentals come on and it goes up a notch.

Thanks Greedy

Latest posts