What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
It be interesting to see how Tigers go this year. I don't take them seriously as an NRL side. I like them though. Just seem to float between 10th and 16th and call finishing 9th a huge success. It's a strange mentality.

I honestly see them bottom 4 this season. I'd have to look at the squad. Matterson and !easter seemed there most dangerous players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Isn't this Stef kid only on a development contract at Parra? meaning hes only eligible to play after round 16 anyway.

Anyways Parra are well entitled to do what they are doing I guess, wish my teams pissweak management would've done the same with Matterson
The difference is if Utoikamanu spits the dummy he's only taking up $60k and a development slot.

Obviously if he spits the dummy after he gets to the Tigers he'll be on a lot more than sixty grand.

Bandwagon

Staff member
The difference is if Utoikamanu spits the dummy he's only taking up $60k and a development slot.

Obviously if he spits the dummy after he gets to the Tigers he'll be on a lot more than sixty grand.

This can't be emphasised enough, I mean is that 60k even counted as part of cap?

Player such as Matterson having a dummy spit taking up 300k or whatever of your cap, has a lot more pull than a kid on 60k . No club wants 300k of their cap tied up in nothing, that's the difference between making a coupla good signings and having to settle for part time plodders.

TheRam

Coach
You can make a verbal offer to a player under contract?

Yes you can. I have explained this before. You can talk to any player at anytime while they are under contract and suggest anything you want. You just can't make a formal offer and present a contract to a player or his management until 1st November leading into the final year of his contract.

That's where the Warriors went wrong with D. Brown. They offered him a formal contract before 1st November 2019. Big no no under the current rules.

You released him you tool well before Parra became involved. Start blaming your own incompetent management team who couldn't organise a bun fight in a bakery.
[/QUOTE]

He doesn’t want to play for you anymore and you won’t grant him a release so he’s stuck in a prison of sorts.

Held against his will and your lot are determined to make him and his family suffer financially.

Most reasonable nrl people find this conduct reprehensible and selfish.

If you had any respect for contracts and teachings, on principle, you would not have matts him a rich offer. Instead, you go out on the ethical whore.

So before you start belting off about people expressing an opinion, then resort to personally abusing them, stop and think.

Stef is loved and highly regarded by the players and his unfair and unjust treatment will serve to derogate and detract from other players buying in to 2020.

Last edited:

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

He doesn’t want to play for you anymore and you won’t grant him a release so he’s stuck in a prison of sorts.

Held against his will and your lot are determined to make him and his family suffer financially.

If you had any respect for contracts and teachings, on principle, you would not have made him a rich offer.

So before you start belting off about people expressing an opinion, then resort to personally abusing them, stop and think.

Stef is loved and highly regarded by the players and his unfair and unjust treatment will serve to derogate and detract from other players buying in to 2020.[/QUOTE]
FYI @The Silverdale Phantom you will need to wait till tomorrow morning at about 10am to continue this discussion. You can talk with the rest of us in the meantime.

@Glenneel, he's trolling us and having a bit of fun. I'm actually finding it quite amusing while there's not much else going on.

Shhhhhhhh!! Let the cripple fight continue. I’ve just made popcorn.

It was good to see other tigers here in support of stef. The co-alition of the willing trying to bring you enlightenment and save you from yourselves. The sinners that make up your recruitment and retention.

If you had any respect for contracts and teachings, on principle, you would not have made him a rich offer.

Stef is loved and highly regarded by the players and his unfair and unjust treatment will serve to derogate and detract from other players buying in to 2020.
FYI @The Silverdale Phantom you will need to wait till tomorrow morning at about 10am to continue this discussion. You can talk with the rest of us in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I hope glen is ok.

Gronk

Staff member

He is clearly being held hostage. That's a grimace on his face, rather than a grin. George Jennings is subduing him with The Claw on his right shoulder. They may even be some sedative involved as well, based on his need to use the merkin in front of him for support.

img_1852.jpg

He is clearly being held hostage. That's a grimace on his face, rather than a grin. George Jennings is subduing him with The Claw on his right shoulder. They may even be some sedative involved as well, based on his need to use the merkin in front of him for support.

img_1852.jpg

that’s all good but I’m sure he can’t remember being there. No way that’s his hand either.

The club propaganda people are obviously in overdrive trying to hide his outrage and distress.

Otherwise, If it is him, he is soon led back into the change room and shackled to bench.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

img_1852.jpg
Andrew Davey has very small knees

Latest posts