What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

nick87

Coach
I'd eat their cap space this year and move on from them both tbh. This team needs a refresh on offence.

Alshon for sure. Jason Witten moves more freely than him... Jackson might be worth hanging on to for another year and seeing if he can at least them 10-12 games

Whether it’s Eagles or Cowboys coming out of NFCE, it doesn’t really matter. They’re both fodder, more than a couple of steps off the leaders.

nick87

Coach
There is no avoiding it
Wentz was poor today and has been off most of the year, but it’s a by product of him having to hold the ball because no one is open

once he holds the ball, his mechanics sort of go to shit as he moves around and you get inaccuracies.

the team needs wrs who can seperate and provide open targets to stay on schedule... and Greg f**king Ward and JJAW ain’t gonna cut it

shiznit

Coach
There is no avoiding it
Wentz was poor today and has been off most of the year, but it’s a by product of him having to hold the ball because no one is open

once he holds the ball, his mechanics sort of go to shit as he moves around and you get inaccuracies.

the team needs wrs who can seperate and provide open targets to stay on schedule... and Greg f**king Ward and JJAW ain’t gonna cut it

I’ve heard a few opinions about Wentz in the last few weeks...

A lot of people have said it has to do with Frank Reich...

you see how well organised Brissett is... how the scheme is set up to really help accentuate his strengths and and limit his weaknesses...

lots of quick slants and short hitch routes which allow him to get the ball out quicker while also allowing him more time to go through his progression’s as he always seems to have that easy check down for 6yrds.

it basically allows Brissett to get into a good rhythm which I think
is what Wentz probably would like so he can gain some confidence back.

I think Pederson will probably figure it out in the offseason.

definitely not that Wentz is broken as Max Kellerman seemed to be insisting this morning...

nick87

Coach
Yeah im not going to take my cues from Max Kellerman or any of the other screaming heads on Screamin A and Skip's personal brand promotions haha

Dan Orlovsky had a great breakdown of the seattle game btw and Carson... called it the worst game of details and WR play he's ever seen. Highlights a number of throws where Wentz was "inaccurate" and explains how the WR's not really knowing what they're doing made Wentz to look far worse than he actually was

Which is not to say he wasnt bad. He was. He missed some throws and generally played poorly but there is a ton of blame to go around here and Coaching is a big part of it

Haffa

Yeah im not going to take my cues from Max Kellerman or any of the other screaming heads on Screamin A and Skip's personal brand promotions haha

Dan Orlovsky had a great breakdown of the seattle game btw and Carson... called it the worst game of details and WR play he's ever seen. Highlights a number of throws where Wentz was "inaccurate" and explains how the WR's not really knowing what they're doing made Wentz to look far worse than he actually was

Which is not to say he wasnt bad. He was. He missed some throws and generally played poorly but there is a ton of blame to go around here and Coaching is a big part of it
That's also overlooking the absense of the entire right hand side of his line. The JJaw movement videos were very good breakdowns of what Wentx is throwing into.

nick87

Coach
This season has been an unmitigated disaster.
Huge changes need to be made... Groh has to go, he just doesnt do enough to help Doug offensively. The offense is just flat out not creative in it's design and execution.

The corners turned back into a pumpkin and upgrading that spot will need to be a priority... and frankly if they didnt retain any of the current WR's next year, i'd be OK with it.

I know Jeffery carries a huge dead cap hit, and Jackson has some dead cap too, so it may not actually be possible to move on from either of them. Let alone both. Nelly's gonna go.

But assuming they both stay, i'd still be looking to draft a WR in the first round, and trying to get someone like Robby Anderson in the team... Then in a year you're probably cutting both guys.. Ideally you have Alshon on the outside, with Jackson/Anderson on the otherside and someone like CeeDee Lamb/Henry Ruggs in the slot.

Haffa

The offence and defence haven't played a good game together since the NFCCG in 2017
The corners turned back into a pumpkin and upgrading that spot will need to be a priority... and frankly if they didnt retain any of the current WR's next year, i'd be OK with it.
I watched the All-22 from both of the last two games on the weekend. They were blowing coverage in those games too. Wilson and Brady just had off days. It was a nice reminder of how much Mills pisses me off. Finger waving as the flags fly.

Valheru

Coach
Yeah Russel had 2 dropped TD passes against us, they were really a 20+ point better side that day.

Pats just aren't that good and I think it is beginning to show.

Agree with all of the above, we need talent at WR and CB badly.

Eagles fans on FB never fail to deliver. Wentz hasn't played well the previous 2 weeks but it is his fault apparently that the defence gave up 37 against the Dolphins and Ertz of all people dropped a pass straight to the hands that would have been a 1st and goal at the 3.

The confidence of everyone is gone now, I would be ok with finishing 5-11 and really hitting the draft hard although I don't see how even this mob won't get one or two wins against WAS and NYG x 2.

nick87

Coach
If there is anything more infuriating than seeing a cornerback get f**king torched, only to have the pass get over/under thrown and these idiots jump put giving the Dikembe finger wag or the incomplete sign then i havent f**king seen it

Mills loves that shit.

Latest posts