What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Ha
Roosters fans secretly hoping he stays

anyway
C’mon Mitch
Come to the Sharks
You won’t have to deal with millions of stinking poms and complete wankers hanging around everywhere here in the glorious shire.
You’ll be the king.

No secret with me. I hope the merkin stays but think he’s destined for Souffs via Norths.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dont blame him for trying to get the best deal. Its a cut throat world and when it suits the clubs they screw the players so might as well look after himself. Such is professional sport. I dont see he has done anything wrong.

adamkungl

Immortal
Dont blame him for trying to get the best deal. Its a cut throat world and when it suits the clubs they screw the players so might as well look after himself. Such is professional sport. I dont see he has done anything wrong.

No one (sane) is criticising him for trying to get the best deal.
What's in question is his strategy, which has seemingly seen all plausible deals come and go while giving his reputation a battering.

Roosters, Tigers, Bulldogs, Cowboys have all reportedly bailed on him - some making public statements about him. There are rumours he has up to 3 managers claiming to represent him making enquiries on his behalf. A player of his talent should be being chased, but apparently his management is asking around the ARU to see if anyone will bite.

If the last man standing is the Titans, why would they pay over $800k when there are no other offers on the table?

Perth Red

Post Whore
No one (sane) is criticising him for trying to get the best deal.
What's in question is his strategy, which has seemingly seen all plausible deals come and go while giving his reputation a battering.

Roosters, Tigers, Bulldogs, Cowboys have all reportedly bailed on him - some making public statements about him. There are rumours he has up to 3 managers claiming to represent him making enquiries on his behalf. A player of his talent should be being chased, but apparently his management is asking around the ARU to see if anyone will bite.

If the last man standing is the Titans, why would they pay over $800k when there are no other offers on the table?

I still dont see anything wrong with this, he is after as much as he can get and probably has clubs he'd rather be at. Testing the water is just that and what he has been doing. If he ends up with only one offer ,and its lower, then he can sack his management for poor advice. As we are not privy to what any of the offers are its hard to judge if he should or shouldn't have taken one of them yet. Maybe his long game will see him get a better deal, or maybe it won't, thats the gamble he is wiling to take and nothing wrong with that imo.

carcharias

Immortal
Poor roosters fans having to deal with a salary cap issue.
Don’t worry boys I’m sure you’ll get him on some deal .

Xactly. Chasing a slice of the Latrell money which would be considerably bigger than his current contract.

No feelers from the Roosters, of course.

They came to us if Slothfield can be believed.
Behind a paywall but someone posted the article in the kennel. Apologies if this is not allowed

https://www.nospam25.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/xerri-wants-out-of-cronulla.114863/

Boom centre Bronson Xerri still wants out at Cronulla but is unlikely to find a new home at the Sydney Roosters with best mate Kyle Flanagan.

We can reveal a third party has contacted the Roosters offering Xerri for next year. Apparently he’s prepared to do a ‘Ryan Matterson’ and walk out on the Sharks.

The Roosters are reluctant. They have already earmarked two players to step into Latrell Mitchell’s spot at left centre — boom youngster Billy Smith or Brett Morris.

Xerri is apparently not happy about Jesse Ramien’s signing on much more money than he’s earning. Many rate Xerri a future Origin player.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
They came to us if Slothfield can be believed.
Behind a paywall but someone posted the article in the kennel. Apologies if this is not allowed

https://www.nospam25.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/xerri-wants-out-of-cronulla.114863/

Boom centre Bronson Xerri still wants out at Cronulla but is unlikely to find a new home at the Sydney Roosters with best mate Kyle Flanagan.

We can reveal a third party has contacted the Roosters offering Xerri for next year. Apparently he’s prepared to do a ‘Ryan Matterson’ and walk out on the Sharks.

The Roosters are reluctant. They have already earmarked two players to step into Latrell Mitchell’s spot at left centre — boom youngster Billy Smith or Brett Morris.

Xerri is apparently not happy about Jesse Ramien’s signing on much more money than he’s earning. Many rate Xerri a future Origin player.

ive heard on very good authority that Xerri has in the past been an absolute nightmare.
Got massive tickets on himself.
Maybe has changed but I was told this by two seperate sources who had many close dealings with him and his family.
I won’t repeat what I was told but it was not good.
In fact I’m suprised he has not been in trouble yet.
Maybe he has changed.

jack coburn

Juniors
As I’ve said before . It’s all just a charade until toddy gives the all clear for the scabs to collect the Burgess money. Getting clearer each day what’s going on.