What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron King Anyone ?

ghoti

Bench
If we still had Mr Teeth at the helm he wouldve made a play for Latrell.
He did like snaring a big name.

Latrell is done at the rorts.
Doggies and Tigs have pulled the pin.
Cowboys have minimal interest but latrell cant play a banjo ..so this leaves one option.
The Titans.
Now Latrell might be a bit screwed in the head currently but not enough to sink from the penthouse to below the basement.
Even for ridiculous dollars.

If we could ship moyza and duges to the Tigs. Tits. Dogs. Who all are looking for three-quarters.
We could have ourselves a 6ft SOO goalkicking flyer with a killer fend.
Fullback.

Ah. Dare to dream.

He flew to Gold Coast to speak with the club apparently... he'll probably end up there. We won't make a play for him and shouldn't, we have enough people who are thinkin of themselves before the club. Need to get some loyalty and professionalism bred into the squad after being dicked around by Bird, Holmes, Flanagan and looks like Xerri now too

sandshark

Bench
Just read that he had quite the junior career. Senior career plagued by injury but the NRL experience is probably what got him across the line.
He'll be a good backup I'm sure.

Is it true that his Mum works for the club?

anglo

Juniors
Cameron King played for my team (Featherstone Rovers) in the English Championship (tier 2) this season. Featherstone were beaten by Toronto Wolfpack in the qualifying game for SL, having led until 20 minutes from the end. At Fev we like to joke that we were 20 minutes from signing Sonny Bill Williams - Featherstone has a population of 15,000 compared to Toronto's 3 million.

Cameron played pretty well, got better as the season went on and was actually our top try scorer with 18 tries in 28 games. I'm tempted to add those 18 tries covered an aggregate of 20 yards but to be fair he did score a couple from long range, but there's no doubt he feasted on the weak goal-line defence of some of the Championship clubs.

Overall he stood up well in a league which, although below the level of SL let alone NRL, is very tough and physical (from what I've seen the best 3 or 4 clubs in the Championship are probably slightly better than Intrust Cup level though it's hard to tell) . He did miss three games with an ankle injury late in the season but otherwise got through the season well and was a solid performer.

He's not going to turn in any startling performances at NRL level I don't think but he should be a handy squad member, he's a good-character guy. Was a massive fan favourite at Featherstone as you'd expect of someone with his NRL pedigree. Glad he's got an NRL gig.

carinashark

First Grade
Hooker is the hardest position to fill if your looking to fill it. Brailey is no Cam Smith and he has an ordinary season at the Jets and here. I would give Connor Tracy a go but he is fragile but he is hungry. I’m really worried about who will play at FB. Dugan is a competitor but, injuries and brain snaps, also he gets no ball from the halves , he has to run in hard and they have to know he is in play. Anyway it’s the off season ,what do I know?

1990 sharkie

Juniors
In the back of Cameron kings training photo there is a big islander , someone on fb said it was Ben Murdoch masila , looks like him but not sure. Anyone know who it is?

Stalefish

Juniors
In the back of Cameron kings training photo there is a big islander , someone on fb said it was Ben Murdoch masila , looks like him but not sure. Anyone know who it is?

its Siosifa Talakai 24ish years old? centre/back rower from the jets. had a good year last year runs hard and good lines. hard player to stop i think he was a souths or panthers junior

Frenzy.

Immortal
Hooker is the hardest position to fill if your looking to fill it. Brailey is no Cam Smith and he has an ordinary season at the Jets and here. I would give Connor Tracy a go but he is fragile but he is hungry. I’m really worried about who will play at FB. Dugan is a competitor but, injuries and brain snaps, also he gets no ball from the halves , he has to run in hard and they have to know he is in play. Anyway it’s the off season ,what do I know?

Yet. he plays closest to Cam's style than any other rookie hooker. He's just been a bit of a runt.

I expect big things from him this year