What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I thought people were fairly content with Salmon and to a lesser extent Smith as the backup halves. Unless someone is moving on.

Neither is a “traditional” halfback like Lamb. And both don’t have the ability to be the “lead” half.

Additionally both smith / cover also provide cover in other positions too, Smith is more a fullback (we no longer have French / Hoffman ) in the squad. While Salmon is probably a genuine centre back up option now to (Hoff is gone and could over take Taka as an option).

With 3 squad spots still available (assuming Jennings stays) another half at a cheap price is a good option, considering the other options can play a few positions.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We could sign a homeless bum off the street and you would be happy, Lamb is almost that.

Ha ha, we could sign Ponga, Fifita and you wouId still complain......probably even claiming they are “BA money ball specials “........

Anyhow he is a back up, what other squad has a back up as good as lamb, plenty have worse ...........even the roosters have Hutchinson.....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ha ha, we could sign Ponga, Fifita and you wouId still complain......probably even claiming they are “BA money ball specials “........

Anyhow he is a back up, what other squad has a back up as good as lamb, plenty have worse ...........even the roosters have Hutchinson.....
Lamb is just a back up and doesn’t have to be much chop, I just thought it was funny that you just dumped a load on your keyboard because we signed a very average back up half.

Neither is a “traditional” halfback like Lamb. And both don’t have the ability to be the “lead” half.

Additionally both smith / cover also provide cover in other positions too, Smith is more a fullback (we no longer have French / Hoffman ) in the squad. While Salmon is probably a genuine centre back up option now to (Hoff is gone and could over take Taka as an option).

With 3 squad spots still available (assuming Jennings stays) another half at a cheap price is a good option, considering the other options can play a few positions.
We'll see I guess. I reckon if he's ever called on to be the lead half then we might as well look to 2021. I wonder if the plan is to turn him into a backup hooker?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We'll see I guess. I reckon if he's ever called on to be the lead half then we might as well look to 2021. I wonder if the plan is to turn him into a backup hooker?
It would be more that he's able to take pressure off Drown, if Moses was unavailable. None of our other halves options could do that effectively, so Dylan Brown would be on his own without Moses.

He doesn’t want to play for you anymore and you won’t grant him a release so he’s stuck in a prison of sorts.

Held against his will and your lot are determined to make him and his family suffer financially.

Most reasonable nrl people find this conduct reprehensible and selfish.

If you had any respect for contracts and teachings, on principle, you would not have matts him a rich offer. Instead, you go out on the ethical whore.

So before you start belting off about people expressing an opinion, then resort to personally abusing them, stop and think.

Stef is loved and highly regarded by the players and his unfair and unjust treatment will serve to derogate and detract from other players buying in to 2020.

If Stef did not want to play for the Eels in 2020 for his contracted amount, he shouldn't have signed a contract that obliges him to do so. Nobody forced him. And if you agree to release players under these circumstances, you simply encourage other players to try the same trick. I honestly don't know why you want him for 2020 anyway. He is nowhere near NRL standard at the moment.