What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't established First Graders want to play for Tigers?

adamkungl

Immortal
Can’t believe “fans” campaigning for the team to move 4,000 kms away to Perth...

Crazy...

I'm more than a little surprised to see anyone volunteering their own club for it - but I do think the suburban Sydney club that chooses to relocate to Perth is setting themselves up to be the next Storm.

One-team-city fans, branding and sponsorship opportunities, quality stadiums, state government and NRL HQ invested in seeing them succeed.
And the old fans who stay on board would still see them play in Sydney 6-7 times a year.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'm more than a little surprised to see anyone volunteering their own club for it - but I do think the suburban Sydney club that chooses to relocate to Perth is setting themselves up to be the next Storm.

One-team-city fans, branding and sponsorship opportunities, quality stadiums, state government and NRL HQ invested in seeing them succeed.
And the old fans who stay on board would still see them play in Sydney 6-7 times a year.

Just a query on this if a sydney team relocates what happens to their allocated geographic area, juniors and club facilities and other existing infrastructure and links? Are they protected by NRL HQ or devoured immediately by they other remaining Sydney clubs, in our case Dogs, Eels and Panthers?

adamkungl

Immortal
Just a query on this if a sydney team relocates what happens to their allocated geographic area, juniors and club facilities and other existing infrastructure and links? Are they protected by NRL HQ or devoured immediately by they other remaining Sydney clubs, in our case Dogs, Eels and Panthers?

You would assume they keep it.
Norths still has a junior area

Shredder

Juniors
I think if they want to move into new markets, they should be looking at a fresh team, rather than a relocation.

You move a club anywhere all you do is piss off the current fans and give the new potential fans a history they cant buy into - because its not theirs.

You want to move to an even number comp? Add a second Brissy team or piss off Cronulla. Or you could merge is with St George - that would be amusing.....

gordsy

Juniors
I never understood how we can have so many sydney teams but only one Brisbane team. You would think you could add another 3 if you set up the junior / feeder systems right and with the team from fiji coming in that's even more kids you could sign...

super_coach

First Grade

True, but you still have to be able to lure two or three marquee players to up root and move to Perth. These players are already getting big dollars, so it’s a tuff ask to get them to move to the other side of OZ.

Shredder

Juniors
This is why QLD is the easiest expansion. Some of the teams up there have long histories and would already be full of your depth type of players. If you took Ipswich or Burleigh and added three or four players they would be able to compete.

super_coach

First Grade
This is why QLD is the easiest expansion. Some of the teams up there have long histories and would already be full of your depth type of players. If you took Ipswich or Burleigh and added three or four players they would be able to compete.

100%...you already players to fill most of your squads and you have three QLD teams to steal talent from and they don’t have to change states.

Of course from a NRLs point of view Perth has the time slot...the two hour time difference is gold. It allows them to have back to back games in good time slots

Tigerm

First Grade
I've always liked the idea of promotion and relegation, say 12 sides in each comp and play each other twice.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I never understood how we can have so many sydney teams but only one Brisbane team. You would think you could add another 3 if you set up the junior / feeder systems right and with the team from fiji coming in that's even more kids you could sign...

I'm guessing it would have something to do with super league?

Bingo

The last time the NRL (ARL) started new SEQ sides the Broncos threw a tantrum and started their own comp, which kicked the other 2 SEQ sides out

BEM

Juniors
It's easy.
Good players don't want to play for a soulless merged club that has crap players, crap facilities and the worst supporters in the NRL.
Should change the name to wests syphilis as it suits something no decent person wants.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's easy.
Good players don't want to play for a soulless merged club that has crap players, crap facilities and the worst supporters in the NRL.
Should change the name to wests syphilis as it suits something no decent person wants.

f**k off you Parra flog. Even with all your cheating you still can't go 3 years without winning a spoon

gordsy

Juniors
We should have a team in Perth but it has to be a WA team not a transplanted one, I don't see it happening unless a tv network gives us a butt laod of money and even then it would probably be done wrong as the nrl is run by and the game in general full of morons who just want to use the game to feather their own nest and self interests,

axl rose

Bench
We should have a team in Perth but it has to be a WA team not a transplanted one, I don't see it happening unless a tv network gives us a butt laod of money and even then it would probably be done wrong as the nrl is run by and the game in general full of morons who just want to use the game to feather their own nest and self interests,
Can't see it ever happening. The AFL has wasted 300 million on the GC and in Western Syd-nee. League doesn't have that sort of money. Perhaps if Super League had never happened and News Ltd hadn't undersold the tv rights to itself for decades.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think it's been tried by every league in Australia, they are an AFL state and to go there is to start the end of days for any club.
We can't attract LM here, so buckleys of getting him there.

Latest posts