What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Campbell

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’d just like to say how awesome he was the first half of the season and then what normally happens to young players happened, he had an off 5-6 weeks where he was just off and luck wasn’t going his way either and his game kinda came down a level and errors crept in and it just wasn’t happening for him. But Campbell fought through it and came out the other side and went back to basics and he found top gear in the run home like we knew he could.

He also didn’t let anyone down at all in the PM’s game, U23 Kangaroos game and for the Kangaroos 9’s, he held his own really well.

This kid is a keeper and I’ve seen enough from him at centre despite a few mistakes which will happen that centre is his best position. Lock him down long term please Souths.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Needs to learn to pass if he plays centre. Cost us a GF appearance.

Could score a gazillion tries next year with the new rules.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Needs to learn to pass if he plays centre. Cost us a GF appearance.

Could score a gazillion tries next year with the new rules.
I couldn’t believe we didn’t at all use the cross field kick in attack to his wing this season just gone.

Yes that was a poor error but I wouldn’t pin it all on him that that’s why we didn’t make the GF, there imo was so many moments in the game where different players had opportunities and we just couldn’t do it sadly wasn’t to be.
Graham is yet to go to the next level too and boy when he does he is gonna be a superstar.
I feel the end of this season playing the PM’s game, U23 Kangaroos etc that is gonna be invaluable to him.

I think his best position is gonna end up being centre honestly.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I couldn’t believe we didn’t at all use the cross field kick in attack to his wing this season just gone.

Yes that was a poor error but I wouldn’t pin it all on him that that’s why we didn’t make the GF, there imo was so many moments in the game where different players had opportunities and we just couldn’t do it sadly wasn’t to be.

I feel the end of this season playing the PM’s game, U23 Kangaroos etc that is gonna be invaluable to him.

I think his best position is gonna end up being centre honestly.

I agree but I really do think we have some quality centres at the club in Roberts, Burns and Graham. Burns stats when playing 80 are up there with the best of centres.

Travitoh

First Grade
i actually agree with you but at the same time I’m hoping Roberts can get back to his best because he has the ability to be as good as Latrell.

I would like to see Roberts on a wing with his pace but the new attacking kick rules will suit Graham better. He could be a smokey to be the comps leading try scorer with Reynolds kicking to him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Does he have the hunger there is the big question re Roberts, how much does he want it?......

I feel like I’ve completely forgotten Gagai as well. If we’re gonna sign outside backs we might need to release a couple.

We currently have a surplus of players that can play first grade.

(Not in positions)

Doueihi
Johnston
Gagai
Burns
Roberts
Graham
Goodwin

Travitoh

First Grade
I feel like I’ve completely forgotten Gagai as well. If we’re gonna sign outside backs we might need to release a couple.

(Not in positions)

Doueihi
Johnston
Gagai
Burns
Roberts
Graham
Goodwin

Even without considering Goodwin, Souths do appear to have one back too many looking at that list.
Financially, one of Graham and Burns make the most sense to leave out in the squads current state.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Even without considering Goodwin, Souths do appear to have one back too many looking at that list.
Financially, one of Graham and Burns make the most sense to leave out in the squads current state.

But both of those players are too good to be playing reserve grade and are our future. Plus the clubs thinking of bringing in Mitchell and Addo Carr? Interesting times ahead.

Travitoh

First Grade
But both of those players are too good to be playing reserve grade and are our future. Plus the clubs thinking of bringing in Mitchell and Addo Carr? Interesting times ahead.

I completely agree, both feature in my best 17 for Souths. It's between Gagai and AJ for a wing spot if I'm picking the side. The others pick themselves + Roberts.
It's one of the reasons i believe that spending big on another outside back is unnecessary.

Rabbits20

Immortal

(Not in positions)

Doueihi
Johnston
Gagai
Burns
Roberts
Graham
Goodwin
Add Allan to that list as well @Souths Till I Die

Then we have Denniss (I don’t rate him) plus Gebbie and Paulo on development contracts!

If Latrell comes for 2021 that’s fine as AJ is off contract.

We need a very good/great fullback and I feel Latrell would be better than what we have right now.

If we can somehow by miracle get Latrell for 2020 I’d expect one of AJ or Gagai to go, that’s just my opinion.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Storm won’t be releasing Addo Carr for 2020 mate, I reckon he’d go back to the Tigers but if he came to us then Gagai would be leaving I reckon.

With how injury prone a few of our backs are I think it’s important we have say 8 good to solid options in our squad so if we get 2-3 injuries we still have quality there.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Add Allan to that list as well @Souths Till I Die

Then we have Denniss (I don’t rate him) plus Gebbie and Paulo on development contracts!

If Latrell comes for 2021 that’s fine as AJ is off contract.

We need a very good/great fullback and I feel Latrell would be better than what we have right now.

If we can somehow by miracle get Latrell for 2020 I’d expect one of AJ or Gagai to go, that’s just my opinion.

Yeah I completely forgot about Allan as well. Our outside back depth is insane right now it’s our forwards that are looking light.!

Rabbits20

Immortal

(Not in positions)

Doueihi
Johnston
Gagai
Burns
Roberts
Graham
Goodwin
If Latrell comes and AJ goes we have in no particular order:

Latrell
Graham
Gagai
Roberts
Burns
Goodwin
Douiehi
Allan
Marsters (not sure if he’s in top 30 or development player)
Denniss
Gebbie (development contract
Jaxson Paulo (development contract)

So much depth @Souths Till I Die, @callmack1 @handyman2190 @Peter Quinn @southsport @Travitoh same can’t be said about our engine room!

Latest posts