What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

SBD82

Coach
Why would anyone pay $1M for him now that there are no competing offers on the table?
The only reason that I can think of is that he has already agreed to terms with a club *cough* *souffs* *cough*.

If the other clubs have pulled their offers because they figured out that he wasn’t actually interested, these offers would reappear if the original deal falls through.

Jerkwad2000

Juniors
This whole horrible mess is all the fault off the NRL and their stupid rules that allow a player to sign with a club about 16 months before they will ever play a meaningful game for that club.

Get rid of the rule and have a period at the end of the season for the next season like the AFL does. Sure, players make deals with clubs during the season but it doesn't happen 16 months beforehand.

If nobody offers him a contract I hope the Roosters low ball him and offer 500k. Might teach some humility.

Lambretta

First Grade
It will be really interesting to see if the NRL give Souths a cap exemption now that Sam Burgess has been forced to retire on medical grounds.

Souths have vehemently denied any interest whatsoever in Latrell even if they're given cap dispensation

It seems Latrells options are running out if Souths are telling the truth (do I need to add the words "for once" on the end of that sentence?.... nah, you understand)

Tiger5150

Bench
It will be really interesting to see if the NRL give Souths a cap exemption now that Sam Burgess has been forced to retire on medical grounds.

Souths have vehemently denied any interest whatsoever in Latrell even if they're given cap dispensation

It seems Latrells options are running out if Souths are telling the truth (do I need to add the words "for once" on the end of that sentence?.... nah, you understand)

Souffs also had "no interest whatsoever" in signing James Roberts.

I doubt Souths will have the money available for Latrell as they are hell bent on signing Jai Arrow from the Titans, and he won't be cheap.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I like the fact that when asked what potentially excited him about being based in Townsville, Latrell said "fishing and shooting"

He should have gone with "shagging slappers and a rippin' an a tearin'

But his missus was probably there with him

yeh it’s just what you want to hear from a possible $1mill a year employee. He’s clearly not the brightest lightbulb in the box lol.

adamkungl

Immortal
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jai-ar...angaroos/d3f91933-375d-4a59-81f7-5e5899e7fe83

Mole warning:

'Several of Mitchell's Kangaroo teammates have told me he was constantly complaining about the length of the season and the intensity of always being under pressure, just wanting the season to end.'

(If true)
quality sook. Playing for Titans should solve that problem champ. Get off work 4 weeks early and no pesky rep selections to ruin your spring fishin and shootin.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
I doubt Souths will have the money available for Latrell as they are hell bent on signing Jai Arrow from the Titans, and he won't be cheap.

Don't they have Inglis's money and Burgess's money? Jai Arrow is a gun but won't get all of Burgess coin, not to mention George Burgess left as well.

betcats

Referee
I like the fact that when asked what potentially excited him about being based in Townsville, Latrell said "fishing and shooting"

He should have gone with "shagging slappers and a rippin' an a tearin'

But his missus was probably there with him

Sad thing is he obviously has no idea why that is such a stupid answer to give in that situation. He should have a manager advising him on how to act professional in those meetings but instead he is getting told things like "get the cash bra".

Springs09

Juniors
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jai-ar...angaroos/d3f91933-375d-4a59-81f7-5e5899e7fe83

Mole warning:

'Several of Mitchell's Kangaroo teammates have told me he was constantly complaining about the length of the season and the intensity of always being under pressure, just wanting the season to end.'

(If true)
quality sook. Playing for Titans should solve that problem champ. Get off work 4 weeks early and no pesky rep selections to ruin your spring fishin and shootin.

Poor bloke. I sure am glad I wasn't paid whatever he's on to win back-to-back NRL Grand Finals.

adamkungl

Immortal
Sad thing is he obviously has no idea why that is such a stupid answer to give in that situation. He should have a manager advising him on how to act professional in those meetings but instead he is getting told things like "get the cash bra".

He might be a million dollar talent but he's gonna learn far too late that you need a million dollar attitude to go with it.