What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Galeforce

Bench
Good article from Webster
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...o-solve-latrell-headache-20191202-p53g5q.html

I still can't help but think Robinson and Politis would be happy to talk if LM was - and punted some of his extra "managers" and advisers.

I think the only people who think this is a "good" article are Roosters fans and possible "tall poppy" syndrome folks.

For mine , it is a "rooster" friendly article and a LM media attack biased article.

Matterson ( now resolved) , Arrow , Walker , Fifita ( same boat situation as Lm , 1 yr on contract to go ) and Josh ( AC, two years to go on current contract) are in similar positions contract wise and yet
LM appears to be getting the large piece on negative slant and rest essentially left alone.
All only have current contract , only LM has been subjected to "pressure" from club ( play at Norths in 2020 , offered to Toronto Wolfpack) and yet the press , like this story , on a love boat with Roosters.

Did not Roosters have meetings with Angus ( when he had a year to go at Souths) just like LM having meeting with other clubs , which he entitled to do under current laws. The only one not entitled to meet with other clubs is JAC ( yet there is no negative press there).

Lambretta

First Grade
I think the only people who think this is a "good" article are Roosters fans and possible "tall poppy" syndrome folks.

For mine , it is a "rooster" friendly article and a LM media attack biased article.

Matterson ( now resolved) , Arrow , Walker , Fifita ( same boat situation as Lm , 1 yr on contract to go ) and Josh ( AC, two years to go on current contract) are in similar positions contract wise and yet
LM appears to be getting the large piece on negative slant and rest essentially left alone.
All only have current contract , only LM has been subjected to "pressure" from club ( play at Norths in 2020 , offered to Toronto Wolfpack) and yet the press , like this story , on a love boat with Roosters.

Did not Roosters have meetings with Angus ( when he had a year to go at Souths) just like LM having meeting with other clubs , which he entitled to do under current laws. The only one not entitled to meet with other clubs is JAC ( yet there is no negative press there).

I don't think anyone is upset with Latrell talking to other clubs

But how many of those other players you have named have refused $800k a year at a top club, then been offered two other deals at other clubs and have gone to yet more clubs and other sports looking for bigger pay offs while showing little interest to the parties they have been speaking with?

It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it

Oh get real. None of the others have had their management publicly putting comments out about what clubs they are interested in signing with. None of the others have had multiple offers on the table to which they have not replied, or if they have, they've kept it quiet. They have not made public comments about how they need the ex5tra money to look after their kids, and then gone out and bought a brand new car which you would not classify as a family car.

None of the others have had multiple people approaching clubs saying "I can get you his signature on a contract."

Latrell's management are the ones who had this played out in public.

Valheru

Coach

Converting the above to English was difficult but I think I have deciphered it.

No one has complained about him talking to other clubs.

Matterson also got slammed in the media for dogging the tigers, he is no longer getting negative press because he has at least made a decision on his future.

Latrell is getting advice from all the wrong people and his worth is far below the $880k we offered at the minute. If I were him, I would come back begging and pleading for the roosters to re-sign him

Galeforce

Bench
Converting the above to English was difficult but I think I have deciphered it.

No one has complained about him talking to other clubs.

Matterson also got slammed in the media for dogging the tigers, he is no longer getting negative press because he has at least made a decision on his future.

Latrell is getting advice from all the wrong people and his worth is far below the $880k we offered at the minute. If I were him, I would come back begging and pleading for the roosters to re-sign him

lol

trust the Rooster faithful to respond .........

so now Rooster fans are confirming that LM value is far below $880k. What a piece of work you are.

I understood that Tigers have offered closer to $1m pa , and appears LM was stalling on this , possible because he is not really interested in joining that club.

His value and where he wants to play may be at odds.........as is his value and his perceived attitude.

Galeforce

Bench
Oh get real. None of the others have had their management publicly putting comments out about what clubs they are interested in signing with. None of the others have had multiple offers on the table to which they have not replied, or if they have, they've kept it quiet. They have not made public comments about how they need the ex5tra money to look after their kids, and then gone out and bought a brand new car which you would not classify as a family car.

None of the others have had multiple people approaching clubs saying "I can get you his signature on a contract."

Latrell's management are the ones who had this played out in public.

get real.

How do you know WHO has said What?
If you know , what are your sources?

If you believe that MEDIA are free of some rumour mongering , story manipulation especially during the silly season , then good luck to you, My view is that media have singled out LM for continued sensational news because he is young and is a BIG NAME . The Arrows , Mattersons , even Walker and JAC are less well known for the focus that LM is getting.

The negative attitude sucks of "tall poppy" syndrome.

For the record , I have always considered LM to be immature/false/plastic in his communication /image , this is where he needs solid support/mentoring. However as a talent , he is the best young player in the game.Just hope he goes to the right club and takes the right attitude to ensure a successful career.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
lol

trust the Rooster faithful to respond .........

so now Rooster fans are confirming that LM value is far below $880k. What a piece of work you are.

I understood that Tigers have offered closer to $1m pa , and appears LM was stalling on this , possible because he is not really interested in joining that club.

His value and where he wants to play may be at odds.........as is his value and his perceived attitude.
If he passed up on the tigers offer because Anthony Mundine has been in his ear, then that's great news....

For the tigers.

Tiger5150

Bench
Matterson ( now resolved) , Arrow , Walker , Fifita ( same boat situation as Lm , 1 yr on contract to go ) and Josh ( AC, two years to go on current contract) are in similar positions contract wise

no actually Matterson had more than two years to go. He’s a dog

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
no actually Matterson had more than two years to go. He’s a dog
Yep, was given a chance to play first grade regularly. Then he shafts the club that have him the chance.

Still, careers are short and I can understand why he wants to make the cash when it's offered.

no name

Coach
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/jai-ar...angaroos/d3f91933-375d-4a59-81f7-5e5899e7fe83

Mole warning:

'Several of Mitchell's Kangaroo teammates have told me he was constantly complaining about the length of the season and the intensity of always being under pressure, just wanting the season to end.'

(If true)
quality sook. Playing for Titans should solve that problem champ. Get off work 4 weeks early and no pesky rep selections to ruin your spring fishin and shootin.
‘Hey Moley, how ya goin mate? Yeah that Latrell is a real bitch, always whinging about how intense and long the season is. Anyway, enjoy your Christmas and get in touch soon, I’ll give you some more info on a player to write in your gossip column.’

Either he’s making shit up or he’s just pissed off some of the game’s stars.
If any player said anything remotely close to what he said, I don’t think Moley’s phone calls will be answered by them anytime soon.

get real.

How do you know WHO has said What?
If you know , what are your sources?

If you believe that MEDIA are free of some rumour mongering , story manipulation especially during the silly season , then good luck to you, My view is that media have singled out LM for continued sensational news because he is young and is a BIG NAME . The Arrows , Mattersons , even Walker and JAC are less well known for the focus that LM is getting.

The negative attitude sucks of "tall poppy" syndrome.

For the record , I have always considered LM to be immature/false/plastic in his communication /image , this is where he needs solid support/mentoring. However as a talent , he is the best young player in the game.Just hope he goes to the right club and takes the right attitude to ensure a successful career.

Oh yeah, the media are 100% wrong always whilst your imaginations are 100% factual. :rolleyes:

carcharias

Immortal
The highest point scorer for 2019 and back to back premiership winner doesn’t deserve to shop himself around apparently.

I don’t recall roosters fans crying when
SBW
Cronk
Teddy
walked out on their teams to go to or ended up at the Roosters.

Clem Gould

Juniors
The highest point scorer for 2019 and back to back premiership winner doesn’t deserve to shop himself around apparently.

SBW
Cronk
Teddy
And in another spooky coincidence no compromising videos surfaced involving those players leaving the club.

YoHadrian

Juniors
This whole horrible mess is all the fault off the NRL and their stupid rules that allow a player to sign with a club about 16 months before they will ever play a meaningful game for that club.

Get rid of the rule and have a period at the end of the season for the next season like the AFL does. Sure, players make deals with clubs during the season but it doesn't happen 16 months beforehand.

If nobody offers him a contract I hope the Roosters low ball him and offer 500k. Might teach some humility.

If he's hanging out with that idiot Mundine then I doubt humility is in his vocabulary.

Lambretta

First Grade

SBW
Cronk
Teddy

He absolutely has the right to talk to other clubs. This isn't in dispute

But how would you feel as a Tigers fan or a Cowboys fan or a Bulldogs fan to think he's only talking to your club in an attempt to boost his value.

As I said before, I wish him all the best and hope he does well wherever he goes (unless its Union)

But how would you feel as a Tigers fan or a Cowboys fan or a Bulldogs fan to think he's only talking to your club in an attempt to boost his value.

As I said before, I wish him all the best and hope he does well wherever he goes (unless its Union)

I hope he goes great in Union. It’ll prove that the rugby league player is the superior athlete

carcharias

Immortal

Hahaha

Oh FFS
C’mon man
You are upset because he is leading other clubs on?

hahahaha

stop

betcats

Referee
Hahaha

Oh FFS
C’mon man
You are upset because he is leading other clubs on?

hahahaha

stop

Just stop, there is a reason every club he has spoken outside the Titans has pulled out. It isn't because they are angry about him talking to other clubs.