What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
For how much?

I think he’s a great player but it seems like his attitude stinks. Not that I know him or have any real idea whats going on at the club.

No idea what centres get but he is apparently unhappy about Ramien being paid more than him so id offer him around that much if we have it.

For how much?

I think he’s a great player but it seems like his attitude stinks. Not that I know him or have any real idea whats going on at the club.

A club like ours has to take some risks, we can’t sit back and wait for this unicorn that’s got a great attitude & also a great player.

Xerri has the one thing we’re really lacking, pace. We’d be mad not to try and sign him.

franklin2323

Immortal
A club like ours has to take some risks, we can’t sit back and wait for this unicorn that’s got a great attitude & also a great player.

Xerri has the one thing we’re really lacking, pace. We’d be mad not to try and sign him.

We have pace though. Just barely saw it in the top grade. Guys like Laurie, Crichton, Naden etc should see more game time and better attitude too if the reports are true. Someone after their 1st season of FG shouldn’t be sooking cause the side improves the roster

Crashtest

Juniors
I'd be angry if I earned the spot by out playing the other options including Ramien and they still went looking elsewhere.

He is not being replaced by Ramien though, as John Morris has already stated that he wants both Ramien and Xerri as his centres. So he can’t be upset and want out because of losing his spot.

So it’s either about money as Buzz reported. Or Buzz is full of shit as usual and bagging him out of sour grapes of Xerri wanting out of the Sharks, and there may be a genuine reason why he wants to leave.

We have pace though. Just barely saw it in the top grade. Guys like Laurie, Crichton, Naden etc should see more game time and better attitude too if the reports are true. Someone after their 1st season of FG shouldn’t be sooking cause the side improves the roster

Naden isn’t slow, but he’s not quick. Other two guys we don’t know if they’re first grade ready. We need those type of players.

I can’t believe people would say no to a guy like Xerri.

OldPanther

Coach
He is not being replaced by Ramien though, as John Morris has already stated that he wants both Ramien and Xerri as his centres. So he can’t be upset and want out because of losing his spot.

So it’s either about money as Buzz reported. Or Buzz is full of shit as usual and bagging him out of sour grapes of Xerri wanting out of the Sharks, and there may be a genuine reason why he wants to leave.

I'd say it's Buzz being Salty.

OldPanther

Coach

Naden isn’t slow, but he’s not quick. Other two guys we don’t know if they’re first grade ready. We need those type of players.

Xerri has shown he can be a top centre with pace at NRL level who I'd take in a heartbeat. I'd rather that than rely on an unproven rookie in Laurie etc.

Naden also isn't a speedster like Xerri.

snickers007

Juniors

Not sure where your mail is from re: Naden, but I've heard that he is not very well liked within the squad - and compared to the other country boys in the squad, who are highly regarded for their generous and thankful nature, Naden has already developed a massive ego.

Crashtest

Juniors
I'd say it's Buzz being Salty.

It would certainly fit with his biased agenda driven reporting. Look at all the shit he has written about Gould and the Panthers over the years.

Re Xerri, one genuine reason he could have for wanting out may simply be he doesn’t feel liked or wanted by the playing group. As Gallen commented during the season that there was a fall out between Xerri and the experienced players because of Xerri being picked ahead of them at centre.

OldPanther

Coach
It would certainly fit with his biased agenda driven reporting. Look at all the shit he has written about Gould and the Panthers over the years.

Re Xerri, one genuine reason he could have for wanting out may simply be he doesn’t feel liked or wanted by the playing group. As Gallen commented during the season that there was a fall out between Xerri and the experienced players because of Xerri being picked ahead of them at centre.

I'd believe that. A young guy overflowing with talent would be threatening to the old guard.

franklin2323

Immortal

He can score length of the field tries that is fast enough.

22 games into a career is a small sample size though, If wanting out due to another player getting signed is a poor attitude and also how much would he cost too is another

franklin2323

Immortal
Not sure where your mail is from re: Naden, but I've heard that he is not very well liked within the squad - and compared to the other country boys in the squad, who are highly regarded for their generous and thankful nature, Naden has already developed a massive ego.

There wouldn't be a player without an ego. Ego is fine if they will put in the work to go with it

mxlegend99

Referee

Naden is alot like Dugan. Fast enough a lot of the time. But it's more his size than his pace that makes things happen.

IMO he thinks he's faster than he is though.. Many of his bombed tries were him backing his pace and not being fast enough. Or perhaps he backed his size... but in a race for the corner pace is more important. As a winger he might be more inclined to know he cant make it on pace and cut back inside where his size will be more effective. Wingers seem to do that more as they either hug the sideline or step back inside.

betcats

Referee
Naden is alot like Dugan. Fast enough a lot of the time. But it's more his size than his pace that makes things happen.

IMO he thinks he's faster than he is though.. Many of his bombed tries were him backing his pace and not being fast enough. Or perhaps he backed his size... but in a race for the corner pace is more important. As a winger he might be more inclined to know he cant make it on pace and cut back inside where his size will be more effective. Wingers seem to do that more as they either hug the sideline or step back inside.

Experience IMO. At every level he has played at until the NRL he was probably big and fast enough to finish most of those chances, but the NRL is another level. Guys are bigger, stronger and faster and guys who are 'pretty fast' at the levels below are just average in the nrl. It takes time to get used to.

franklin2323

Immortal
No idea what centres get but he is apparently unhappy about Ramien being paid more than him so id offer him around that much if we have it.

No guarantee he ever gets to that level. Paying guys on potential instead of their worth was what got us into this problem.

betcats

Referee
No guarantee he ever gets to that level. Paying guys on potential instead of their worth was what got us into this problem.

I already rate him higher than Ramien, that is the thing Xerri must be on his pre NRL contract still. Ramien has had one good year and one bad one this year, he isn't on rep money anything.

franklin2323

Immortal
I already rate him higher than Ramien, that is the thing Xerri must be on his pre NRL contract still. Ramien has had one good year and one bad one this year, he isn't on rep money anything.

I too rate him higher than Ramien but Ramien is rumoured to be on $500k. How many centres wouldn't be on that much?

A quick look on Fox sports

Naden had more metres gained a game. scored 8 tries in 12 games. 78% efficiency
Xerri 13 tries in 22 games. 80% tackle effeciency in a team that is pretty good in defence...No doubt is worse in the rabble we were

Give a couple of more seasons before I would be confident not paying overs on Xerri for that much

Status
Not open for further replies.