What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

The least amount of chips they would sell me. Plus white bread and margarine.

And a box of wine

i heard about this guy who goes to the shops once a week to get a medium size hot chips for tea

he keeps an old medium box in the car so he can buy a large chips, fill up the medium box then eat the rest

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Izzy got an Apology, and a whole chunk of change as well.

John O’Neills war chest must be looking pretty sad and sorry about now.

hindy111

Post Whore
The Westerly winds is blowing all the smoke into the city. First clue sky I have seen in weeks.
How is it your way Gronk? It was terrible as this blew through

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Looks like sacking somebody for their beliefs is discrimination, while an individual making religious statements on social media isn't.

They needed some hoax hate crimes right after Folau's statements, as a pretext for shutting him up. Where the f**k was Jussie Smollett when we needed him?

strider

Post Whore
You mean it would appear RA and Folau would prefer it not to be dragged through the federal court for three years...

Hopefully they stop reporting on the moron now
RA must feel totally unconfident they would win .... I thought it was meant to be clear cut, written in his contract ..... I guess not

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The problem is the contract. Just like you can't sign away your right to minimum salary, you can't sign away your right to other workplace protections. If RA's contract was deemed discriminatory it would open up a massive can of worms. They had little to gain by letting it go to court.

Bazal

Post Whore
RA must feel totally unconfident they would win .... I thought it was meant to be clear cut, written in his contract ..... I guess not

It probably was. Or maybe it wasn't. Doesn't mean RA, or any respondent for that matter, are keen to take it to the Federal Court.

Bazal

Post Whore
The problem is the contract. Just like you can't sign away your right to minimum salary, you can't sign away your right to other workplace protections. If RA's contract was deemed discriminatory it would open up a massive can of worms. They had little to gain by letting it go to court.

Under the act they would not appear to have breached any protections.

But you're still correct in that neither party has anything to gain from a lengthy court battle, regardless

Bazal

Post Whore
Well they could've avoided looking stupid. That would be a win.

Meh. Some will say they look stupid. Some will say they stood up for their morals or whatever.

Of course rugby union has no morals, but the looking stupid thing won't be true through every prism

Meh. Some will say they look stupid. Some will say they stood up for their morals or whatever.

Of course rugby union has no morals, but the looking stupid thing won't be true through every prism
Well it's pretty rare to get 100% agreement on anything but I'd say most people think they look a bit stupid.