What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zampaa

Juniors
Croker is consistent and BJ is a game winner.

they compliment each other.

Difference between us and them is that we play like individuals, they play like a team across the park.

We could add latrell but we’re a long way from the structure and mentality of the top teams.

There's a lot of things that BJ does right, but playing as a team isn't one of them. He'll go for the individual play and f**k it up instead of the easy pass to set his teammate up 90% of the time.

franklin2323

Immortal
Croker is consistent and BJ is a game winner.

they compliment each other.

Difference between us and them is that we play like individuals, they play like a team across the park.

We could add latrell but we’re a long way from the structure and mentality of the top teams.

That is the big thing we are lacking need to get better as a team. I’d take Latrell as a centre but he doesn’t want to play there

mxlegend99

Referee
Fox sports says different and is more accurate. Due to them watching games several times
You dont need to watch games several times to know Naden missed a hell of a lot more tackles than Fox Sports say he did.

Or Maloney etc. If anything the defensive stats of both sites flatter Naden at centre. NRL.com stats reflect what I saw watching games. Naden started out average in defence and got worse as teams identified him as a weakness.

But if you want to believe he's a good defender go for it.

franklin2323

Immortal
You dont need to watch games several times to know Naden missed a hell of a lot more tackles than Fox Sports say he did.

Or Maloney etc. If anything the defensive stats of both sites flatter Naden at centre. NRL.com stats reflect what I saw watching games. Naden started out average in defence and got worse as teams identified him as a weakness.

But if you want to believe he's a good defender go for it.

The left side had horrible defence. Exactly who that was you can’t tell off one watch. There might of been missed tackles that looked like it was him but if he doesn’t get a hand on the player. Then it is a missed tackle to another player

Where did I say he was a good defender?

one guy had Wade Graham and co defending inside.
The other had Martin a rookie and Maloney a defending inside. Which one is going to look like a better defender?

one has 22 games. One has 12 games the sample size is too small to say one way or the other

mxlegend99

Referee
The left side had horrible defence. Exactly who that was you can’t tell off one watch. There might of been missed tackles that looked like it was him but if he doesn’t get a hand on the player. Then it is a missed tackle to another player

Where did I say he was a good defender?

one guy had Wade Graham and co defending inside.
The other had Martin a rookie and Maloney a defending inside. Which one is going to look like a better defender?

one has 22 games. One has 12 games the sample size is too small to say one way or the other
So now you want to blame the players around him for his missed tackles? He was a huge liability on his own missing his own tackles. At times the guys around him might have made it harder. But I saw many times where he was the bloke they strolled through.

Also according to Fox Sports Wade Graham was equally as bad in defence as Liam Martin... both averaging 3.4 missed tackles per game.

NRL.com stats have Martin missing 1 tackle more per game however. 3 tackles to 4 tackles per game is quiet a jump percentage wise. But you want fox sports stats and they have both players equal in missed tackles.

But looking beyond that. How about we look at the players themselves? Who has more room for growth?

Xerri is 19 while Naden is 23. Xerri is already ahead of him in most areas of centre and I believe has a far higher ceiling.

Each to his own though. I nelieve Xerri would greatly improve our centres. I believe Naden pushed to wing is a huge improvement aswelk. 2 greatly improved positions for one signing.

JAC would be an enormous upgrade on Mansour. But playing outside Naden with 0 try assists I am not confident we could get full value out of him. Ideally we sign him and Xerri. Partner them up and have the fastest left edge in the comp. If we are dreaming we miggt aswell dream big.

franklin2323

Immortal
So now you want to blame the players around him for his missed tackles? He was a huge liability on his own missing his own tackles. At times the guys around him might have made it harder. But I saw many times where he was the bloke they strolled through.

Also according to Fox Sports Wade Graham was equally as bad in defence as Liam Martin... both averaging 3.4 missed tackles per game.

NRL.com stats have Martin missing 1 tackle more per game however. 3 tackles to 4 tackles per game is quiet a jump percentage wise. But you want fox sports stats and they have both players equal in missed tackles.

But looking beyond that. How about we look at the players themselves? Who has more room for growth?

Xerri is 19 while Naden is 23. Xerri is already ahead of him in most areas of centre and I believe has a far higher ceiling.

Each to his own though. I nelieve Xerri would greatly improve our centres. I believe Naden pushed to wing is a huge improvement aswelk. 2 greatly improved positions for one signing.

JAC would be an enormous upgrade on Mansour. But playing outside Naden with 0 try assists I am not confident we could get full value out of him. Ideally we sign him and Xerri. Partner them up and have the fastest left edge in the comp. If we are dreaming we miggt aswell dream big.

They are all responsible as a team for poor effort that was dished up but there isn’t a stat for poor reads.

Atleast 5 times tries were scored on the wing without a hand laid on them. No one gets the missed tackle in those times. So there is cases where no one player gets the error against their name.

See I don’t want to pay on potential. I want to pay guys on their worth now and you won’t get that with such signings.

it would be a cherry on top. I think we need to sort out the 5/8th and get more from the fullback 1st. The good thing is we have enough guys off contract over the next 2 years to make that final piece happen.

I see it as you are wasting 2 years and taking money possibly needed elsewhere (if you need a new fullback) if you don’t fix the other issues then you still have centres not used

mxlegend99

Referee
They are all responsible as a team for poor effort that was dished up but there isn’t a stat for poor reads.

Atleast 5 times tries were scored on the wing without a hand laid on them. No one gets the missed tackle in those times. So there is cases where no one player gets the error against their name.

See I don’t want to pay on potential. I want to pay guys on their worth now and you won’t get that with such signings.

it would be a cherry on top. I think we need to sort out the 5/8th and get more from the fullback 1st. The good thing is we have enough guys off contract over the next 2 years to make that final piece happen.

I see it as you are wasting 2 years and taking money possibly needed elsewhere (if you need a new fullback) if you don’t fix the other issues then you still have centres not used
We have the worst centres in the competition. That should be our #1 priority.

But sure. Lets buy a quality winger to put outside a centre who doesnt pass the ball. Rather than move that centre to the wing to get more out of him and signing a bloke who has proven himself quality at 19 years of age.

Edit
That's not to say I wouldnt take JAC. I would be stoked if we got him. But it would mean Naden is either a centre or reserve grader. I think hes too good for one but not good enough for the other.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
I'd take JAC over Xerri. More speed and he is more polished, his reasons for wanting back to Sydney are good ones and IMO he would be more likely to settle in.

Like I said a few days I think we can get a decent pairing out of To'o Crichton and Naden if we cant recruit a good centre, if you add a weapon like JAC on one wing then it looks pretty good. That possibly leaves Mansour and Whare as depth or looking to get out allowing us more money in the cap.

OldPanther

Coach
I'd take JAC over Xerri. More speed and he is more polished, his reasons for wanting back to Sydney are good ones and IMO he would be more likely to settle in.

Like I said a few days I think we can get a decent pairing out of To'o Crichton and Naden if we cant recruit a good centre, if you add a weapon like JAC on one wing then it looks pretty good. That possibly leaves Mansour and Whare as depth or looking to get out allowing us more money in the cap.

The only issue I see with that is getting JAC quality ball with Naden inside him. I do like the idea of Naden on the wing because he reminds me of Fergo who is a rep quality winger.

betcats

Referee
The only issue I see with that is getting JAC quality ball with Naden inside him. I do like the idea of Naden on the wing because he reminds me of Fergo who is a rep quality winger.

If we signed him there is no guarantee JAC is outside Naden. Cleary wont play him in the centres unless he improves his defence for one thing, last year we had little choice. And I cant imagine they'd let him hog the ball if we spent money to bring in an origin winger with JACs strike if they do put JAC outside Naden.

OldPanther

Coach
If we signed him there is no guarantee JAC is outside Naden. Cleary wont play him in the centres unless he improves his defence for one thing, last year we had little choice. And I cant imagine they'd let him hog the ball if we spent money to bring in an origin winger with JACs strike if they do put JAC outside Naden.

That would mean running Naden and Too as a combo or Whare/Crichton and leaving Naden out. I guess they could teach him to pass more.

Edit: I'm pretty confident with enough attention given to coaching a skill it can be improved for guys at this level.

Last edited:

Coastal

Juniors
He can score length of the field tries that is fast enough.

22 games into a career is a small sample size though, If wanting out due to another player getting signed is a poor attitude and also how much would he cost too is another
So you're saying that at the right price his supposed bad attitude isn't relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts