What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

Quigs

Immortal
Chics were like that at Gymea High.

I could never understand why they always snubbed me.

txta2 is actually a girl Chad once snubbed. Chad was in Yr. 12 at Gymea High at the time, and she was in Yr. 11.

She’s never got over it.

She is now dating a hairdresser from Wollongong, but he just can’t get it right...

yup " Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!"

cb4

First Grade
We have made an offer to a Prop for depth and to perhaps take a bench spot. Decent player.
Cam King was signed on minimum wage and is ok, nothing special. His NRL career isn't great but he is a decent NSW Cup player.
Blayke Brailey was given a target of 5kg of muscle before round 1, he has hammered that now whilst working hard to keep his speed. I think people will be surprised with him.

I believe we are looking at an outside back for depth and that is a very real chance of a 1 year extension for Aaron Gray but we are looking around.

Moylan is being shopped around very hard, 2 clubs are interested but are baulking as we aren't offering to pay all that much of his current wage.

SadShark

Bench
We have made an offer to a Prop for depth and to perhaps take a bench spot. Decent player.
Cam King was signed on minimum wage and is ok, nothing special. His NRL career isn't great but he is a decent NSW Cup player.
Blayke Brailey was given a target of 5kg of muscle before round 1, he has hammered that now whilst working hard to keep his speed. I think people will be surprised with him.

I believe we are looking at an outside back for depth and that is a very real chance of a 1 year extension for Aaron Gray but we are looking around.

Moylan is being shopped around very hard, 2 clubs are interested but are baulking as we aren't offering to pay all that much of his current wage.
Thanks for the update. Maybe West’s or Bulldogs would be desperate for a Moylan, that they’ll look past the wage chip in.

Thank you for the info.

As for Moylan if we aren’t desperate to shed a player to be salary cap compliant then the two Clubs looking for us to tip in more to take him off our hands can f**k right off.

Stake Removed

First Grade
If we are looking for couple cheap players

Jai Field - He has wraps on him, dont think he was given chance at Dragons, good utility player
If a cheap prop either Max King he is 22 or Lloyd Perrett he is 24

coolumsharkie

Referee

Cut your losses. Keep Dugan and have a mediocre year again and probably next year. He really is all flash and f**king no heart, none. Imagine sitting out 2 finals series lol. Johnson is a notch above him really.

Rule number 4.

Chimp

Juniors
So, turns out Moylan doesn't want to go to the Tigers - shock horror... It's obvious he doesn't have the physical or mental capacity for working/training under madge, would much prefer to stay here and be a cat for a couple of years.

sandshark

Bench

To be honest I think we are a bit too critical of Brailey on here. I wanna see how he goes as our premier #9. I thought he filled in well last year when he got his chances but as some say he's been flat in reserves so apparently that means his 100 percent shit.
He's a youngster with a lot to improve just like Xerri in 2019. I'm sure he'll do well but we cant be throwing him under the bus if he doesn't score a try in round 1, 2020.

Glad we signed Kingy, nothing flashy but there in case Brailey goes down.

Hope we can give Gray another crack. Decent depth and experience if someone is unavailable for a game or two.

So, turns out Moylan doesn't want to go to the Tigers - shock horror... It's obvious he doesn't have the physical or mental capacity for working/training under madge, would much prefer to stay here and be a cat for a couple of years.
Matt Moylan turns down Wests Tigers move to stay with Sharks
David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
December 5, 2019 7:54pm

Subscriber only
Matt Moylan won’t be joining the Wests Tigers after two proposed meetings with the Cronulla star failed to eventuate.

Under contract with Cronulla for 2020 and 2021, Moylan was recently approached by the Tigers, who felt that given Cronulla’s salary cap pressure, they could secure a cut-price fullback/five-eighth option.

Needing to release pressure on their salary cap, the Sharks were willing to allow Moylan the opportunity to meet with the Tigers, if it meant the 28-year-old could potentially secure a deal beyond his current contract.

Similarly, the Sharks know that at his best, Moylan can be an integral member of their backline in 2020.

similars

d6e9565c13e59490866a3d222bdf431c

Moylan isn’t ready to leave the Shire yet. Photo: Jason McCawley/Getty Images
However, on each occasion that the Tigers indicated an interest to meet Moylan, the discussion was cancelled — presumably as the Tigers prioritised the signing of Latrell Mitchell over the former NSW Origin player.

There remains a sense within the Tigers that Mitchell could still sign with the Sydney club.

Suggestions of the Tigers interest in Moylan have been bubbling for the past month and was spiked again by Tigers captain Moses Mbye on Wednesday.

Mbye said he wanted the Tigers to sign both Mitchell and Moylan — a recruitment drive that will now no longer eventuate.

“Obviously they’re both really quality players, there’s no doubting that,” Mbye said.

“If they're available and we can get them, I don’t see why you wouldn’t. If I was running the team I’d be doing the same thing.”

edf3685f33cc91168e48b2bb6ee0eae5

Mitchell’s next step is no clearer than before. Photo: Phil Hillyard

However, any hope of the Tigers signing Moylan is now dead in the water.

The Sharks playmaker has told both his teammates and his management that he has no interest in joining the Tigers and he's committed to remaining in the Shire.

On the comeback trail from a hamstring injury that plagued his disappointing 2019 season, Moylan is back at Sharks training acutely aware of how critical his pre-season build-up is for next year.

The Sharks have also eased significant pressure on their salary cap by the departure to the English Super League of Matt Prior.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/f9df78fc32bfb17113e504a437ee5fd9

bluefox68

Staff member
Yeah ...

Okay...

So you don’t want to leave the Sharks?

Well, how’s about you start playing like you want to be here??!!?!

Could work in our favour.

Moylan’s been called out as a player that needs to show more and on a consistent level.

Hopefully this makes him want to prove that he’s still a valuable addition to a team.

Team selections will be interesting next year.

With the recruitment of Ramien I don’t see Dugan playing centre or wing with our current options. So fullback for him.

So Moylan is battling Dugan for the fullback job or SJ for the 5/8 job.

If he loses out what will it be?

Bench or Newtown?

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
If you want to be here the pull your finger out and play for the badge mate.

Get out on that field and show us you want to be a Shark.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I all are fit

I am fairly certain it will be

Moylan
Dugan (R)
Ramien (R)
Xerri (L)
Morris (L)
Johnson

Time will tell.

cb4

First Grade
If we are looking for couple cheap players

Jai Field - He has wraps on him, dont think he was given chance at Dragons, good utility player
If a cheap prop either Max King he is 22 or Lloyd Perrett he is 24

We looked at Jai Field but went for Connor Tracey.
Lloyd Perrett has gone to Brisbane, not sure if the Broncos or QLD Cup.

txta2

Bench
Moylan stays , good. Injuries aside he is a bloody good player and they win more games when he is on the park.

snout

First Grade
At the sharks we generally experience 2 kinds of purchases.

Guys who buy in and hit the ground running. Morris last season. Ennis. Maloney. Lewie. Prior. Heighno.

And then the list of guys who have ability like Tim smith or Matt seers and others - they've shown they can play. But they just arent cut from the cloth to be a shark.

Moylan strikes me as the latter.