What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season news 2019-20

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It doesn’t sound good at all for him, but on the flip side last week there were whispers going around he would be cleared as it’s mistaken identity

Sounds strange in that report that a guy that’s just had a shoulder recon is able to scale a wall

If he does get cleared the club need to tell him to move to the northern beaches and away from the western Sydney crowd he is involved in

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Season 2020 already a write off for Foran, shoulder worse than first thought so will have to go under the knife again later this month and recovery is up to 12 months

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tom and Jake confirmed at Manly til the end of 2026

Noises getting stronger about Latrell Mitchell being at the Tigers next season

Jamie Buhrer and Slade Griffin retired yesterday

Rich102

Staff member
Penrith Panthers have secured Roosters premiership forward Zane Tetevano as a replacement for Reagan Campbell-Gillard.

The Daily Telegraph reports the Panthers will soon announce Tetevano is joining the club on a three-year deal worth around $350,000.

That is less than half the money Campbell-Gillard was on before he joined the Parramatta Eels in the off season.

According to the Telegraph, the Roosters gave Panthers director Greg Alexander a positive reference when he called inquiring about the 29-year-old last week.

585576b60359418836d0f64d087b2ab6

Salary cap pressures forced Tetevano to look for a new home in 2020.

The Roosters think highly of Tetevano but contract upgrades for Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Sio Siua Taukeiaho forced their hand.

Tetevano has played 74 NRL games and was a member of the 2018 grand final-winning team. He also featured in the Roosters’ preliminary final win over Melbourne Storm.

His signing comes on the back of the Panthers securing Sharks utility Kurt Capewell on a two-year deal this week.

https://coupler-foxsports-com-au.cd...b15f27453da3c65c397d5d35ae?_gsa=1&usqp=mq331A

JJ

Immortal
That's great work from the Panfers - RCG hadn't been much good at all this year, at half the money Tetevano is like for like on form... of course RCG could rediscover himself, then they've lost an elite middle

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12290739

Mthe sports star accused of meth importation has plead not guilty and had his case adjourned with name suppression until February- so it looks like the story will break properly just in time for the 2020 season, which is terrible timing if he’s connected to the club at all. Three others also accused but no mention of their occupations so I’d assume not high profile footballers.

Leber

Bench
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12290739

Mthe sports star accused of meth importation has plead not guilty and had his case adjourned with name suppression until February- so it looks like the story will break properly just in time for the 2020 season, which is terrible timing if he’s connected to the club at all. Three others also accused but no mention of their occupations so I’d assume not high profile footballers.

Yup, that’s exactly what I thought. It’ll be all we talk about instead of the season.

Hey, look on the bright side... it’ll be a distraction from how shit we are playing at least.

Leber

Bench
And why does he still have name suppression? Seems kinda dumb when we all know who it is.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
And why does he still have name suppression? Seems kinda dumb when we all know who it is.

well I haven’t heard or seen any names... but when I read what had been said in here and thought of the candidates there was only one that seemed to fit.

Penrose_11

Juniors
I think there’s gonna b a couple heart broken fans once that name suppression lapses. We seem to b magnets for bad news. Gotta say I’m a bit gutted.

Rich102

Staff member
Trouble is he has been remanded to reappear in court in February. So the suppression will probably last till after that.

Campion

Juniors
I have no idea who it is; is anyone able to private message me with *totally unrelated details about what you'd like for Christmas*?

WellsNZ

Juniors
Assuming it's the person I've been told then yeah it's going to be very f**king sad for the club and a real dampener for the game in NZ period.

Latest posts