What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashstep

Juniors
The core was there. I rated the 2016 side then we inadequately replaced depth players. Upgraded guys too soon and the side stalled. The benefit to being so bad so early under a new coach was it sped up the cleanout process that surely follows

Yep and it looks like the club has realised its past mistakes, hopefully they make better decisions going forward.

Blade23

Juniors
Walker would’ve been a terrific signing for us & it proves the club is aware there’s a need for a centre / outside back, but we didn’t get him So surely you keep trying to address that same area/position rather than completely changing tact & spending your money on a back rower & FR - assuming Capewell hasn’t been signed as a centre - & praying one or two young guys have a blinder of a season. The signings seem very knee jerk to me.

I struggle to believe the only players that have been named in the media are the only players available. The feelers should of been out as soon as we released DWZ & Blake, there would of had to have been other options.

Walker would have solved the centre conundrum but we just missed out. I know the club has being trying for months to recruit a decent centre but there is not much out there for what we have in the kitty. They know we need one.
Josh Morris would have been a good buy for a year or 2, but from what I understand Cronulla are reluctant to let him go - despite having Xerri & Ramien on the books.
Esan Marsters was under contract. But he threw a tantrum, fell out with Maguire, demanded a release and then demanded a hefty pay increase for his next club. I know that kind of attitude doesn't appeal to Ivan.
I personally think there are lack of good quality centres available at the moment. Unless a club has salary cap issues they are not going to release a one.

I don't know Ivan's plans for Capewell. I understand at the moment he gives us another short term option in the centres, should we get injuries there or one of the younger players drops form.
At the other end he provides experience cover for Yeo just in case he gets injured again or suffers another nasty head knock. I wouldn't call him a knee jerk signing the club has been taking their time the past few months after a few knock backs.
There is nothing set in stone for him at this stage. The pre season will be interesting. He is a good young man with plenty of promise. I see great improvement in him.
Does it solve our problems in the centres? No.
The club will go at this stage with what they have, and if a decent centre comes up over the next few months and if the right circumstances occurred we would sign one. Though we would need to shed another player first.

Donald J Trump

Juniors
Walker would have solved the centre conundrum but we just missed out. I know the club has being trying for months to recruit a decent centre but there is not much out there for what we have in the kitty. They know we need one.
Josh Morris would have been a good buy for a year or 2, but from what I understand Cronulla are reluctant to let him go - despite having Xerri & Ramien on the books.
Esan Marsters was under contract. But he threw a tantrum, fell out with Maguire, demanded a release and then demanded a hefty pay increase for his next club. I know that kind of attitude doesn't appeal to Ivan.
I personally think there are lack of good quality centres available at the moment. Unless a club has salary cap issues they are not going to release a one.

I don't know Ivan's plans for Capewell. I understand at the moment he gives us another short term option in the centres, should we get injuries there or one of the younger players drops form.
At the other end he provides experience cover for Yeo just in case he gets injured again or suffers another nasty head knock. I wouldn't call him a knee jerk signing the club has been taking their time the past few months after a few knock backs.
There is nothing set in stone for him at this stage. The pre season will be interesting. He is a good young man with plenty of promise. I see great improvement in him.
Does it solve our problems in the centres? No.
The club will go at this stage with what they have and if a decent centre comes up over the next few months and if the right circumstances occurred we would sign one. Though we would need to shed another player first.

Walker really would have been a perfect signing. Could do a very solid job playing at 5/8 and is a great centre. I guess we were genuinely unlucky to get him. Had Dez not been there I think we would have got him.

I guess the best centre we can get is Josh Morris. Xerri is the dream but it looks like he will go to the dogs or storm. I'd take Josh Morris any day of the week - he had a great season.

Whino

Bench
Board elections close at Midnight today.

Already closed. There were no new nominations.

'It's a vote of confidence': Panthers board re-elected unopposed

Penrith will go into the 2020 season without the distraction of a battle for control of its board after the incumbent directors were re-elected unopposed.

Chairman David O’Neill, deputy Greg Alexander and board members Ian Hicks, Peter Graham and Mark Mulock will retain their positions in charge after nominations to challenge closed at 10am on Thursday.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/it...ard-re-elected-unopposed-20191205-p53h58.html

Donald J Trump

Juniors
Already closed. There were no new nominations.

'It's a vote of confidence': Panthers board re-elected unopposed

Penrith will go into the 2020 season without the distraction of a battle for control of its board after the incumbent directors were re-elected unopposed.

Chairman David O’Neill, deputy Greg Alexander and board members Ian Hicks, Peter Graham and Mark Mulock will retain their positions in charge after nominations to challenge closed at 10am on Thursday.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/it...ard-re-elected-unopposed-20191205-p53h58.html

Well it looks thats the Panthers done for another half a decade. Dave O'Neil is a fraud, some of the stories I've heard about him are criminal.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Seems a lot of people agree with you. I wonder if this'll effect membership numbers and $$$

I’m not sure it will, this is the only place I’ve seen any negative comments, pretty much every one else thinks he’s a gun signing.

Who knows, only time will tell I guess.

Well there goes my Platinum membership... Missus already said she doesn’t want to spend the $’s if he was signed... ah well, more time at home with the kidlets I suppose.

When he was at the Roosters he put a lot of effort into working on the issues that had gotten him into trouble. That's why he was still living on the Central Coast and travelling to Sydney every day by training for training at the Roosters. He wanted to ensure he avoided any temptations of the Sydney night life which may have seen him resume his old, bad habits.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I’m not sure it will, this is the only place I’ve seen any negative comments, pretty much every one else thinks he’s a gun signing.

Who knows, only time will tell I guess.

Panthers are very closely monitoring their Facebook post about his signing. Posts about his past are being deleted very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.