What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBlack

Juniors
I'm undecided on this signing.

I don't know the guy. I can only assume the club has done its due diligence on this signing and there is a reality on his redemption that we are not all privy to.

I certainly don't condone his past or reputation, but will always cheer anyone who plays in the Black......

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Panthers are very closely monitoring their Facebook post about his signing. Posts about his past are being deleted very quickly.

They can’t stop what people post on their own pages or other pages.

Even if you discount the Panthers page, it’s been very positive.

I could go either way on this.

ACTPanthers

Bench
When he was at the Roosters he put a lot of effort into working on the issues that had gotten him into trouble. That's why he was still living on the Central Coast and travelling to Sydney every day by training for training at the Roosters. He wanted to ensure he avoided any temptations of the Sydney night life which may have seen him resume his old, bad habits.
That’s great, and I commend him for those efforts, but just because the perpetrators turn their life around, doesn’t mean the victims just move on as well. My missus still has terrible PTSD because of her experience, and because of that, she’s actually quite upset over this signing.

(Even though she’s a Raiders fan, she controls where our money is spent, so you can guarantee nothing is being spent on Panthers merch/memberships this season)

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That’s great, and I commend him for those efforts, but just because the perpetrators turn their life around, doesn’t mean the victims just move on as well. My missus still has terrible PTSD because of her experience, and because of that, she’s actually quite upset over this signing.

(Even though she’s a Raiders fan, she controls where our money is spent, so you can guarantee nothing is being spent on Panthers merch/memberships this season)

I completely understand and respect your position on this. You have every right to feel this way.

but, there is every chance that his signing and no doubt future media interactions could well encourage people in similar situations to have a long hard look at themselves and seek help, before violence occurs.

It doesn’t make life any easier for the victims, but it could prevent future victims.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Walker would have solved the centre conundrum but we just missed out. I know the club has being trying for months to recruit a decent centre but there is not much out there for what we have in the kitty. They know we need one.
Josh Morris would have been a good buy for a year or 2, but from what I understand Cronulla are reluctant to let him go - despite having Xerri & Ramien on the books.
Esan Marsters was under contract. But he threw a tantrum, fell out with Maguire, demanded a release and then demanded a hefty pay increase for his next club. I know that kind of attitude doesn't appeal to Ivan.
I personally think there are lack of good quality centres available at the moment. Unless a club has salary cap issues they are not going to release a one.

I don't know Ivan's plans for Capewell. I understand at the moment he gives us another short term option in the centres, should we get injuries there or one of the younger players drops form.
At the other end he provides experience cover for Yeo just in case he gets injured again or suffers another nasty head knock. I wouldn't call him a knee jerk signing the club has been taking their time the past few months after a few knock backs.
There is nothing set in stone for him at this stage. The pre season will be interesting. He is a good young man with plenty of promise. I see great improvement in him.
Does it solve our problems in the centres? No.
The club will go at this stage with what they have, and if a decent centre comes up over the next few months and if the right circumstances occurred we would sign one. Though we would need to shed another player first.

Hey buddy enjoy your insight. Hopefully Crichton gets a fair crack. I watched him in under 20s origin he looks to have HEAPS of raw talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts