What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

Frank Facer

First Grade
lol easy on the comparisons. Inglis was a lot bigger and making it look easy against men in QLD Cup at pretty much the same age. let's hope he advances to the Flegg squad quickly as a starter
I agree that he should be playing Flegg next year, maybe even CC. He has got a lot of skills and has speed to go with it. He looks like a natural. What position do you think he should play? After watching that clip, I think fullback could be his best position, but he could play anywhere in the backline. I think he would say his favourite position is 5/8. He probably needs to bulk up a little for first grade. Hopefully he fill out a bit naturally and keeps his speed and agility. I think he looks like a great prospect.

This SG ball team may produce several first grade players in the future, from the likes of Sullivan, the Feagai brothers, Wishart and Slone. They could call it the class of 19.

Last edited:

watatank

Coach
I agree that he should be playing Flegg next year, maybe even CC. What position do you think he should play? After watching that clip, I think fullback could be his best position, but he could play anywhere in the backline. I think he would say his favourite position is 5/8.

Not much to go on but looks like he could be a fullback or winger. Anyway, will be interesting to see where he is at in 2-3 years time (as well as others)

nontime111

Juniors
Interesting...looks and runs a bit like Saab without as much height ATM
For those on here that have a shot at out pathways recruiting really need to watch more SG Ball and JF games because we have a wealth of talent where other clubs are circling and salivating over.

Dragons fans we seem to be holding on to the best of them in my mind ATM and that is a tick for Millward and his merry men. @possm
Matt Head had a role of the CC - transition to 1st grade overseer which he has now lost?.
Not sure who is overseeing that now...Flanno...Shepherd..both have a history of progressing young players?
Once McStuck in Sand goes you will see a change of progression of younger players and I am confident re that.
I hope so
At the moment I am shaking in horror that he even be allowed anywhere NEAR any of em!! ALl hes done is RUIN careers and bring in mediocre imports while our HUGELY talented kids leave to star at other clubs, this is the best batch of kids to come through ALTOGETHER since the early 90s with Brownie, Mundine, Tallis etc.... we MUST keep the cream of them, like Tyrell here! what a good bunch of lads also well done may you be hungry to get to the top and change our fortunes to PLATINUM FELLAS!
GO DRAGONS AS ONE UNITED WELL RISE AGAIN!

nontime111

Juniors
Shit sign them up looking good I might have a sleep for a year or two.
haha thats GOLD!! I feel exactly the same way...I look at our current team, well last seasons, and mainly see gumpf...( apart from the obvious! )...all I want is for the kids to just be let LOOOOSE!! when theyre able and physically strong enough and ready but sooner rather than later let em grow into it as a team, put ALL the kids in as soon as...its our only chance having JUNIORS as a team none of these UN passionate NON Dragons fans all over replacing our juniors! and none of this, wait till your 23 BS! Harry Bath would throw em in!

Frank Facer

First Grade
haha thats GOLD!! I feel exactly the same way...I look at our current team, well last seasons, and mainly see gumpf...( apart from the obvious! )...all I want is for the kids to just be let LOOOOSE!! when theyre able and physically strong enough and ready but sooner rather than later let em grow into it as a team, put ALL the kids in as soon as...its our only chance having JUNIORS as a team none of these UN passionate NON Dragons fans all over replacing our juniors! and none of this, wait till your 23 BS! Harry Bath would throw em in!
With our current roster I would be looking at having 1 Lomax, 2 Saab, 3 Lafai, 4 Feagai and 5 Ramsey as my back 5. That would make 4 youngsters, but they may be better than the rest we currently have and will all improve.

nontime111

Juniors
With our current roster I would be looking at having 1 Lomax, 2 Saab, 3 Lafai, 4 Feagai and 5 Ramsey as my back 5. That would make 4 youngsters, but they may be better than the rest we currently have and will all improve.
thank you sir! an exciting team for the first time since...well I say 2010

BLM01

First Grade
I hope so
At the moment I am shaking in horror that he even be allowed anywhere NEAR any of em!! ALl hes done is RUIN careers and bring in mediocre imports while our HUGELY talented kids leave to star at other clubs, this is the best batch of kids to come through ALTOGETHER since the early 90s with Brownie, Mundine, Tallis etc.... we MUST keep the cream of them, like Tyrell here! what a good bunch of lads also well done may you be hungry to get to the top and change our fortunes to PLATINUM FELLAS!
GO DRAGONS AS ONE UNITED WELL RISE AGAIN!

Please correct me if I am wrong but I dont think there has been many that have been let go whilst McNoIdea has been head coach that we wish we did not or have burned us....with the exception of Bird & Cook back in 2014/2015
and at first I could not see it but I will reserve my judgment about Garrick until I see him go this year.
It helps a winger greatly to be outside of a great attacking structure and players which Garrick now is. Suli..Sironen, DCE..Cust or Walker...pretty handy inside men.
We have not suffered that bad compared to other clubs.
What about who the Tigers have let go over the past 5 years..their loyal supporters like Silverdale Phantom would have thrown their computers in the river and follow other teams forums.

nontime111

Juniors
this is why I like Millward, so many on here knock him but hes one chock a block very passionate Saints man trying his best by the looks and Id love to see some results for all his hard work aswell, love his interviews , all heart real old school bleeds red and white
I had a dream last night we had a team of superstars mainly juniors like the 77 baths babes!
its been a sick gut wrenching very sad time for me I just abhor Mcgroans hit it up ALL the time then try one thing on the fifth boring god awful power game I want more attack and fun , its meant to be a game, let the kids play!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
this is why I like Millward, so many on here knock him but hes one chock a block very passionate Saints man trying his best by the looks and Id love to see some results for all his hard work aswell, love his interviews , all heart real old school bleeds red and white
I had a dream last night we had a team of superstars mainly juniors like the 77 baths babes!
its been a sick gut wrenching very sad time for me I just abhor Mcgroans hit it up ALL the time then try one thing on the fifth boring god awful power game I want more attack and fun , its meant to be a game, let the kids play!
Exactly..

Millward doesn’t write the game plan..

You only have to look how players like Tyson go when playing rep footy under non-Mary game plans to see where the issue lies.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Remember that try this year that Ravalawa started finished by Dufty I think that showed they can attack but McGregor has them scared to play that style although I haven't asked him personally.

nontime111

Juniors
exactly Ravi is one powerhouse....also remember that stunning bit of play and interchange down the sideline with Periera or Pearson?? way back, nearly scored from inside our 20 also

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Latest posts