What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
I reckon when a guys momentum is stopped no 3rd man.
I see Cam do it all the time. It bugs me. Tha tackles stopped and he runs over and just spins the player sideways. Basicaly buying team 2-3 extra seconds rest.

But best rule for me would be NO PENALTIES in the attacking 20. If a team gives one away you just get another set of 6 at the end of the current one. This will stop teams giving away a penalty on purpose to get 1min rest. Set the defense.
Or you get the penalty and 2 points plus a fresh set.

It's something that's been exploited for to long. Very hard to break the line with 13 guys in defense who have have 1min to catch breathe. It puts the advantage to the defending team for doing wrong.
Ridiculous rule.

These are both very good suggestions Hindy especially the no penalties in the 20m rule. Just keep playing and on the last ref just waves to the attacking team 6 more to go with no break whatsoever. Love it. So simple and seamless too. It will never happen. to bloody good.

Snoochies

First Grade
Doesn't union use short arm and long arm penalties? Currently being off side and having the arm connect with the head carry the same consequence in the game. The amount of times you get the ball out of your end only to march back there again because of being offside, too much territory is gained for small indiscretions.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
But best rule for me would be NO PENALTIES in the attacking 20. If a team gives one away you just get another set of 6 at the end of the current one. This will stop teams giving away a penalty on purpose to get 1min rest. Set the defense.
They're going to need to look at this if Golden Point becomes Golden Try. Otherwise teams will just give away penalty after penalty and there will be no point in even taking the 2. It'll turn into a snooze.

All problems would be solved with a live phone app. Let the people decide. After all, what could go wrong ?

hqdefault.jpg

Get 2 votes if you are attending the match and that will help with crowd sizes and sell more $20 hotdogs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon when a guys momentum is stopped no 3rd man.
I see Cam do it all the time. It bugs me. Tha tackles stopped and he runs over and just spins the player sideways. Basicaly buying team 2-3 extra seconds rest.

It's something that's been exploited for to long. Very hard to break the line with 13 guys in defense who have have 1min to catch breathe. It puts the advantage to the defending team for doing wrong.
Ridiculous rule.
Just make the restart from a penalty goal a line dropout rather than a kick off.

If you have a 'no penalties' thing, the defense will just continue to offend. If my team was in front, I'd get 5 blokes to lay all over the tackled player and the other 8 to punch the lights out of anyone who came to try to peel them off.

T-Boon

Coach
If you have a 'no penalties' thing, the defense will just continue to offend. If my team was in front, I'd get 5 blokes to lay all over the tackled player and the other 8 to punch the lights out of anyone who came to try to peel them off.

True the only solution is the one Popou made (which we all suspect he stole from me). That is such a great idea that you can just tell the NRL will never consider it. But we will in my league. Working title Boon League or Pack Ball.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
True the only solution is the one Popou made (which we all suspect he stole from me). That is such a great idea that you can just tell the NRL will never consider it. But we will in my league. Working title Boon League or Pack Ball.
*Sack Ball.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bullshit, Speedwagon. F**ken bullshit!