What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

JamesRustle

First Grade
Izzy is a knob, Raylene is a fraud of a CEO and Alan should stick to running an airline

I hope he got $8m + costs out of RA and they go into administration.

BTW Izzy's wife is beautiful (on the outside anyway).

typicalfan

Coach
I hope he got jack all as they will eventually go into administration anyway. My guess is he got a few mil though.

Folau is an imposter, with all this his professional sporting career in Australia is probably over. You'd have to be mad to sign him.

As a proud gay man I have absolute no problem with him playing league or union. You see we have this thing in this country called freedom of speech. This allows me to parade up and down the street in nothing but my g string. On the flip side it also allows guys like Folau to speak there mind.

Wanna bet? There is no guarantee anywhere in Australian law for freedom of speech. The High Court in a ruling some years back said their is an implied right to freedom of communication in relation to politics, but there is no absolutely guaranteed freedom of speech anywhere in Australian law in any jurisdiction.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Somewhere in the country today some broken down person would have been screwed out of a rightful compensation claim in court.

Yet this douchwaffle gets paid more than 95% of country will ever see jusy for being a complete assclown.

Eat a giant herpes infested bag of dicks izzy

Chimp

Bench
One of the things I'd say in this whole debate is that I think it shows how fractured as a sport we are, and how poor the leadership is.
For me, an absolute show of strength from the NRL would have been for the NRL to stay quiet, but have a silent agreement between all clubs that they'd not look to sign him.
Izzy is not our issue and is not from our sport, so why give him any airtime. If the NRL is then asked for comment on if he's allowed back in our game, their response should have been along the lines of 'We don't need to comment about individuals from other sports, but I'd be very surprised if any club from our sport would be interested in inviting such a divisive and controversial figure into their club and our game'.

The problem is that there is too much self interest, and clubs have shown time and time again, if a bloke is good on the field, they'll turn a blind eye to most things. Strong leadership (behind the scenes) from the NRL could eradicate this, along with much of the negative stuff that fuels the various media outlets currently.

Amens.

This is truth from far in Estonia.

Gays. How many like the league!?

how many of this ppls g pans actively support games in both league and union!?

Your country supports LGBT blah blah yet what do u get in return?
Where is NRL float in gay parade?

Forget Roberts and the aids guy in England, where is the carryover in culture between homosexuals and ‘Victa’ lawnmower type nrl grassroots support?

Yet Folau representation the islander and Christian community, combined, maybe half the league loving people.

Get with it guys!

This is a message from Estonia. The smartest people of the western white world. Google it.
Gareth Thomas is Welsh and those PISA tests should not be taken too seriously, but your low immigration rate and the sense of community that results in that does help with your education standards.

One of the things I'd say in this whole debate is that I think it shows how fractured as a sport we are, and how poor the leadership is.
For me, an absolute show of strength from the NRL would have been for the NRL to stay quiet, but have a silent agreement between all clubs that they'd not look to sign him.
Izzy is not our issue and is not from our sport, so why give him any airtime. If the NRL is then asked for comment on if he's allowed back in our game, their response should have been along the lines of 'We don't need to comment about individuals from other sports, but I'd be very surprised if any club from our sport would be interested in inviting such a divisive and controversial figure into their club and our game'.

The problem is that there is too much self interest, and clubs have shown time and time again, if a bloke is good on the field, they'll turn a blind eye to most things. Strong leadership (behind the scenes) from the NRL could eradicate this, along with much of the negative stuff that fuels the various media outlets currently.
Balls, he should not have bn sacked, he should be allowed to play rugby.

AJB1102

First Grade
Folau has shown his conviction and "belief" has a price.

If I believed I was sharing God's word and there was eternal hellfire to be faced no amount of millions would silence me. I certainly wouldn't apologise.

Is he returning his mil or so donated to fund the legal battle?

Straight up f**ken con man. Disgraceful. Like I said elsewhere I hope he dies in a fire out of irony.

Chimp

Bench
Folau has shown his conviction and "belief" has a price.

If I believed I was sharing God's word and there was eternal hellfire to be faced no amount of millions would silence me. I certainly wouldn't apologise.

Is he returning his mil or so donated to fund the legal battle?

Straight up f**ken con man. Disgraceful. Like I said elsewhere I hope he dies in a fire out of irony.
Whilst getting bummed presumably too?

Nevan_

First Grade
Fitzsimmons speaks his mind
Big deal
That is his job to be controversial .
He hates rugby league. Meh
I’ve seen Mat Johns hang shit on AFL many times.
No difference really.

he is a bloody smart bloke
Read one of books - they are extremely good.
I suggest Batavia.10/10

Anyway he wore that stupid thing on his head for years to show his kids he loves them.

if anything he is dedicated.

Now
How do I get a job where I can break the company rules and still get a massive payout ?

His books are psuedo history. Glorified toilet paper.

playdaball

Bench
I’d love to see him back in the NRL.

He’s not been to jail unlike others in the NRL, he’s not beaten up his partner, not beaten up a family , doesn’t take drugs ...

TheFrog

Coach
As a proud gay man I have absolute no problem with him playing league or union. You see we have this thing in this country called freedom of speech. This allows me to parade up and down the street in nothing but my g string. On the flip side it also allows guys like Folau to speak there mind. I am so sick of people speaking on my behalf.
Only one night a year at one location, but your point is otherwise valid.

TheFrog

Coach
Somewhere in the country today some broken down person would have been screwed out of a rightful compensation claim in court.

Yet this douchwaffle gets paid more than 95% of country will ever see jusy for being a complete assclown.

Eat a giant herpes infested bag of dicks izzy
The seven stages of grief.