What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

betcats

Referee
I'd much rather Kenny on the bench if we expect Api to be playing 80. Much better in defence than the other two.

Assuming we had any say in the matter, I don't think keeping Kenny over Katoa and Egan was objectively the wrong choice either. Kenny had some limitations last year, but he brought a ton of energy and enthusiasm (which coincided with our winning streak) and his service was decent at worst. Given it was his debut year I think writing him off would be silly.

Kenny's service was at least as good as Egans and Katoas and he was underrated for his playmaking IMO. Defensively he is the best out of the three.

Dave's mate

Juniors
The geniused new mid-air rule might really help us but it 100% ends Mansour's career. No one can be tackled in the air now so bombs away to Naden

betcats

Referee
The geniused new mid-air rule might really help us but it 100% ends Mansour's career. No one can be tackled in the air now so bombs away to Naden

Makes things Harder for To’o also. Crichton used to play afl apparently, he might prove to be another good target, he’s a tall guy.

Interesting point raised in the signings thread. The new rule about tackling in the air is seriously going to impact Mansour, and given To’o is also short it’s a real problem.

I think it makes it even more urgent that Naden moves to the wing to replace Mansour, and I’d also put Chricton on the other side of the field to help To’o out with the kicks.

Might have to play Whare at left centre in that situation.

franklin2323

Immortal
Depends on the details. I will reserve my judgement until then the last thing they want is too many penalties which is what you would get if it is in the ingoal infringement.

International RL have the rule and is better quality then most NRL games and Ivan was on the commitee. I doubt he votes for something that hurts the team

Depends on the details. I will reserve my judgement until then the last thing they want is too many penalties which is what you would get if it is in the ingoal infringement.

International RL have the rule and is better quality then most NRL games and Ivan was on the commitee. I doubt he votes for something that hurts the team

Hurting Mansour isn’t the same as hurting the team.

We know Mansour is poor under the high ball, now he won’t even be able to tackle the attacking player. This rule definitely hurts him.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hurting Mansour isn’t the same as hurting the team.

We know Mansour is poor under the high ball, now he won’t even be able to tackle the attacking player. This rule definitely hurts him.

there has to be more to the rule though. Can’t be player catches it and has an untouched run to the line. The opposite too it is still a 7 tackle set if the defender gets it. I doubt any coach agrees to that

there has to be more to the rule though. Can’t be player catches it and has an untouched run to the line. The opposite too it is still a 7 tackle set if the defender gets it. I doubt any coach agrees to that

You can’t tackle the player *in the air*

you can tackle him once he hits the ground.

The point is Mansour isn’t good at contesting the high kicks under the current rules, now he’ll lose a defensive advantage in being able to tackle the attacking player in the air.

franklin2323

Immortal
You can’t tackle the player *in the air*

you can tackle him once he hits the ground.

The point is Mansour isn’t good at contesting the high kicks under the current rules, now he’ll lose a defensive advantage in being able to tackle the attacking player in the air.

Hasn’t that always been the rule anyway? Has been in International League and Union and not like we get lots of tries in either from it

Hasn’t that always been the rule anyway? Has been in International League and Union and not like we get lots of tries in either from it

The rule has been you can’t tackle the defensive player in the air, now the rule is you can’t tackle either the defensive or attacking player.

So previously what Mansour was able to do is tackle the attacking player in the air if he missed out on the ball, but he won’t be able to rely on that anymore.

Dave's mate

Juniors
The rule has been you can’t tackle the defensive player in the air, now the rule is you can’t tackle either the defensive or attacking player.

So previously what Mansour was able to do is tackle the attacking player in the air if he missed out on the ball, but he won’t be able to rely on that anymore.
Our chip kicks to Naden should be good for about 20 tries next year