What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Davey Warner Appreciation Thread

Fangs

Coach
I'm a hater. Far worse than Lleyton Hewitt. And probably Kohli too.

Decent bat though.

I got to work with Davey during his penance this time last year.

He was actually an awesome guy to spend time with and no where near the utter wanker I'd heard about. I think he was humbled by it all, being in the middle of no where, no cameras, no entourage...just a bloke who bats a bit and some middle aged numpty, having fan boy paroxysms, delivering skills programs to primary school kids.

The funny thing is, between batting drills - which I had to host and he was my "assistant", we were talking about our kids and the trials and tribulations of raising them. I walked away thinking he was a decent fella despite everything I read in the media or on forums.

At first I was intimidated - the guy could hit the rubber balls off a kids' tee 100m without thinking. By the end of the day, he was stealing my drills to take home to his girls who he was trying to get in to cricket, but spent most of his time dancing with.

At the end of it all, it was just two blokes having fun with kids whacking balls to the fence.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I don't get the hate for this bloke.

He was made the scapegoat during the greatest overreaction in sports history.

He cost us having our best bat for 12 months...

Over reaction yes by the cricket board but don’t do it in the first place

JJ

Immortal
As with many I think the on and off field personas might differ

As cricket fan what we see is how people act on field for the most part

hineyrulz

Post Whore
As with many I think the on and off field personas might differ

As cricket fan what we see is how people act on field for the most part
It’s amazing how Boof Lehman got away scott free in all of this. We all know Lehman loved having Warner in his team as the enforcer. Don’t get me wrong being the chief merkin was a role Warner relished and thrived in but he was pushed by his coach. I can’t believe he didn’t know what was going on as well.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
He cost us having our best bat for 12 months...

Over reaction yes by the cricket board but don’t do it in the first place

FMD he didn't cost us anything.

Bancroft didn't have to do it.

Regardless it was low level ball tampering that has happened since the day the game was invented and is not much different to some of the things that regularly happen on a footy field.

You would think all 3 were drug cheats or match fixers the way they were treated.

It’s amazing how Boof Lehman got away scott free in all of this. We all know Lehman loved having Warner in his team as the enforcer. Don’t get me wrong being the chief merkin was a role Warner relished and thrived in but he was pushed by his coach. I can’t believe he didn’t know what was going on as well.

I love how the quickies knew nuffin was going in either.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
We don't as a cricketing nation need to resort to cheating. I have no time for Warner or Bancroft.
Smith I have forgiven.
Warner is a dumb flat track bully.

Valheru

Coach
We don't as a cricketing nation need to resort to cheating. I have no time for Warner or Bancroft.
Smith I have forgiven.
Warner is a dumb flat track bully.

Why have you forgiven Smith but not the other two? He is as culpable.

Fangs

Coach
Ball tampering is one thing, his behaviour on the field is another. Combine the two and you've got Davey.

We've toed the line as long as I can remember. But David just carries on like a complete wanker and its beyond embarrassing.

JJ

Immortal
This, and CA management above... they set the tone and allowed the boorish culture to be actively developed by Lehman. A weak captain with little experience was appointed with the so called enforcer as vc. Both were mistakes, Warner was always a mistake and to be fair there were questions on Smith as captain but a lot was obvious with hindsight and attributable to a degree to the dickhead coach and vc

Then the result is a knee jerk reaction to a series of events that culminated in being caught ball tampering

Latest posts