What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
The release of Matterson looks pretty stupid right about now.

I always thought we shouldn't release him unless we got something in return but I get the decision. Let's not pay the merkin one cent out of our cap this year.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I always thought we shouldn't release him unless we got something in return but I get the decision. Let's not pay the merkin one cent out of our cap this year.

Can see the argument for that, but my only query is is at what stage were the negotiations with the 19 y/o Parra development squad prop with 1 year left on his contract? Maybe a quid pro quo? Also I still feel if we have evidence Parra encouraged and abetted Mattersons actions we should take them to NRL HQ / court. We shouldnt let it rest.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The bottom line is, at present we are basically the only club with a large chunk of cap space and still can not land a substantial signing. So how are things going to be any better when we re enter the market place next Year looking for a no1 and a no6 when there are multiple clubs with cap space.

Maybe we need to sign a PR firm to sell our club as a desirable destination because at present we seem to be the Syria of the NRL

This is why Latrell Mitchell was such an important signing. If he came to our club and found such good form that he was back in SOO then our club wouldn't be so unattractive to marquee players. It was a huge gamble, as we first had to lure him here, then for him to actually perform at the level he is capable of. We have come up short.

The only way forward I see is developing juniors and really focusing on retaining them

Tcoggs

Juniors
I never thought I;d say it but the jury being out should not be on Maguire- he has been hamstung the entire tenure so far as coach by the dud, high value, long term signings demanded by Cleary and Egan and signed off on by Pascoe- so if the jury is out on anyone, it should be Pascoe.

I'd still extend Maguire for a few more years than what we have- we desperately need coaching stability for a few more seasons. What I reckon is that if we fall flat 2020 season the bells might toll for Pascoe.

Agree re Justine Pascualo....Im surprised this guy is still employed by us....Hes the reason Addo Carr left as well.....was sunning his grey beard overseas the lazy goose.
Hoping this new chairman will get some action from these lazy management loafers.

Tiger05

First Grade
Can see the argument for that, but my only query is is at what stage were the negotiations with the 19 y/o Parra development squad prop with 1 year left on his contract? Maybe a quid pro quo? Also I still feel if we have evidence Parra encouraged and abetted Mattersons actions we should take them to NRL HQ / court. We shouldnt let it rest.

This is the big issue isn't it. We play fairly and they are dogs but they get the reward.

super_coach

First Grade
Agree re Justine Pascualo....Im surprised this guy is still employed by us....Hes the reason Addo Carr left as well.....was sunning his grey beard overseas the lazy goose.
Hoping this new chairman will get some action from these lazy management loafers.

Pascoe has been very good for us, turned our balance sheet around and for a club that has struggled on the field we are in front of most Sydney based clubs in most other areas.
It’s a long road to travel from near the bottom to the top but we are heading in the right direction

WA Tiger

Bench
It's the definition of stupidity, isn't it. "Keep doing the same thing and expecting different results".

I hope we go well, but most of the other players we thought about have moved on.

I remember a Kerry Packer story saying that his management team had hit a snag in a development they were doing where one person didn't want to move, they told KP that they have offered a great offer but no deal. KP went and seen the person and doubled the offer, secured the deal and moved on.

So if we really want LM, then go and sign him FFS.
Why not because we think we have to stick to the rules and do what everyone else is doing ...but I like your way of thinking offer him $1.5 mil per year at least we get him and prob on the spot..what’s too much who sets the rules

Hoofhearted

Juniors
People 'in the know' on the other forum saying Mitchel is meeting with the Tigers next week and will be signing.
Get ready for another week of media circus.

Vic Mackey

Referee
People 'in the know' on the other forum saying Mitchel is meeting with the Tigers next week and will be signing.
Get ready for another week of media circus.

I think that whole thing was taken off a nobody from twitter

I can’t see us getting Latrell, damage is done IMO, with the decision today he’ll probably end up at Souths

I’m over him now anyway. Honestly even if we signed him I don’t think I’d be overly excited like i would have been a fortnight ok. I’m leaning towards him being a failure wherever he goes.

super_coach

First Grade
Souths should be able to squeeze Arrow and Mitchell into their roster now big Sam has been able to do a Inglis. The gladiator will get work for Arrows partner and maybe get LM some film work

Tiger05

First Grade
I think that whole thing was taken off a nobody from twitter

I can’t see us getting Latrell, damage is done IMO, with the decision today he’ll probably end up at Souths

I’m over him now anyway. Honestly even if we signed him I don’t think I’d be overly excited like i would have been a fortnight ok. I’m leaning towards him being a failure wherever he goes.

I'd love to get him. We need quality backs and a fullback like Latrell would make a massive difference to the team.

He'll be expensive though so if we miss out it's not the end of the world. I figure we have as much chance signing Latrell as any club does. So we have a 1/16th chance. I'm not listening to any BS in the media or social media. It's basically all proven to be unreliable.

Lm is too cool for school, way too precious to be taken seriously anymore.

If he comes, it’s only for the money and not because he has any time for what Madge is trying to achieve. He wouldn’t even pick up the phone and give us an update. That’s how much he cares about us.

He will never be considered as a going concern in terms of character, not personally, but because he hangs out with people of questionable intent.

Leaving the door open makes us look weak and mushy. The desperate piss-headed psychotic brain damaged whores of the nrl. The club no one will respect on our own merit. All the leadership of a lemming with a fear of loneliness and social isolation.

Its embarrassing and humiliating.

If he comes, will never be true tiger.

f**k signing him and f**k what signing him stands for.

Stay with Madge. This club should not be held to ransom.

Last edited:

Mader45

Juniors
I wouldnt be surprised if we're still chasing LM. From the moment we pulled the contract we've come off like a crazy gf who broke up with their bf first to claim breaking up dibs but really wants them back. Big reek of desperation. Having Mbye come out and say hes still keen just cements it further.

Its pretty sad to think someone like Thompson, an all round good guy who gives it his all every week, will earn 1/10th as much as some of these primadonnas who don't know how lucky they are to have that much natural talent.

Latest posts