What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess retires

So now instead of Sammy getting $1.2m to play footy, he gets $3.6m to do nothing, which counts towards nothing. And we need more player welfare they say. More little millionaire footballers getting paid millions to retire.

And local clubs need to apply for government grants to keep afloat. Joke of a f**king organisation the NRL is.

I have a cricket team. I know it's not NRL but we can't even afford a batch of new caps. Meanwhile...the top of the pyramid in both sports get all the $$$s. FMD!

MilkShark

First Grade
Poor Sammy, he entertained us all whilst he was paid millions of dollars and and and now, he can’t play anymore and and and he has to sleep in everyday and still get paid millions of dollars.

Poor fella.

How is he going to survive now that he is retired

Pommy

Coach
Yeah he should be compensated by insurance, like I get compensated by insurance if I get hurt playing footy or I get worker's comp if I get hurt on the job. Workers comp is rarely a full salary though, and I get $300 a fortnight only if I get injured bad enough that I'm still off work after 4 weeks.

He should not be paid $3.6m directly by Souths for doing nothing and having it not count on the cap. If he's still contracted, it goes on the cap. If he's not contracted, he doesn't get paid - he gets an insurance payout.

without reading his contract that’s just a load of hot air.

Liddell

Juniors
I wish Souths would come out again and publicly confirm we aren't after Lattrell.

Reading through the pages, these poor tigers fans deserve to relax a little. It seems the last few months nightmare for them just like it is when each good player rejects them.

Richo, I know you've already done it but please let them know we aren't after Lattrell. Look at them, this is just cruel.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I wish Souths would come out again and publicly confirm we aren't after Lattrell.

Reading through the pages, these poor tigers fans deserve to relax a little. It seems the last few months nightmare for them just like it is when each good player rejects them.

Richo, I know you've already done it but please let them know we aren't after Lattrell. Look at them, this is just cruel.
Fancy those jerks expecting consistency. Idiots.

Vic Mackey

Referee

We can handle good players rejecting us, because we know if we were a 10 we’d knock us back too

But we’ve knocked back by Tim Mannah and Matt Moylan FFS, merkins who’s coach would have literally driven them to Concord

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
NRL decision today

"The South Sydney Rabbitohs welcome the determination from the NRL today that the remainder of Sam Burgess’ contract will be exempt from the Club’s salary cap for 2020 and beyond under PCR Rule 86 (Medical Termination)."

Now for the dopes that thought the $360k PA job offer to Sam was in order to get round the NRL need for medical decision. Get real.

Again the $360k PA for 10 years is an agreed way with Sam , for Souths to be able to meet their contract commitment to him ( of $1.2m pa for 3 years) without causing Souths cash flow issues and also to give Sam an ongoing job/career with Souths. A Win Win for both .

Great news and well deserved for Both a champion of our game and the pride of the league:hugging::hugging:

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
So now instead of Sammy getting $1.2m to play footy, he gets $3.6m to do nothing, which counts towards nothing. And we need more player welfare they say. More little millionaire footballers getting paid millions to retire.

And local clubs need to apply for government grants to keep afloat. Joke of a f**king organisation the NRL is.
In NRL? Bwah ha ha ha ha.

Let's see what happens if it's a Benji Marshall.

Look...I'm a Souths man, and rub my hands in glee. BUT...FMD.

We’ve already seen them get away with it in regards to that draft horse Ben Matulino being retired for them and watch them try it with a Russell Packer as well

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Poor Sammy, he entertained us all whilst he was paid millions of dollars and and and now, he can’t play anymore and and and he has to sleep in everyday and still get paid millions of dollars.

Poor fella.

How is he going to survive now that he is retired

Better than you and me I’m sure and good luck to him

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors

Richos silence may be telling:bulb:
I hope we are still after him. his value is slipping by the day and he could be a bargain for most clubs after all this crap is finished